Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fate of RDU Club, Jan 16 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Just checked with Delta club staff. they confirm there are discussions in the works, but nothing definite. They believe that Delta access will be limited to US Club cardholders - no AMEX.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Just received an email from US - they are finalizing plans for a new Club in terminal 2

Raleigh-Durham, your club is moving

On January 23, we're beginning our move to terminal 2. During the move, you're invited to visit the Delta Sky Club in terminal 2. The Sky Club is on level 2 across from gate C3. As always, you can bring 2 guests or immediate family members with you. Just show your US Airways Club member card for access.

We'll keep you updated as we finalize plans for a new club in Raleigh-Durham.

Thanks for choosing US Airways! .....
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Of interest, US goes from 5 gates in Terminal 1 to 4 gates in Terminal 2. United will have more gates than US (5 gates: 2 UA, 3 CO).. I wonder if the new US Club will be larger than the current (3000 sq ft) or if it will remain status quo.. with the US Club now being a Star Alliance club, wonder if there is reason to expand it.

Although, I'm just happy that the club is staying..

On another note, does anyone think that United will announce DEN once they get closer to the final merge? I really hope so because DEN and SFO are desperately needed.. ^
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ERJ170
Of interest, US goes from 5 gates in Terminal 1 to 4 gates in Terminal 2. United will have more gates than US (5 gates: 2 UA, 3 CO).. I wonder if the new US Club will be larger than the current (3000 sq ft) or if it will remain status quo.. with the US Club now being a Star Alliance club, wonder if there is reason to expand it.

Although, I'm just happy that the club is staying..

On another note, does anyone think that United will announce DEN once they get closer to the final merge? I really hope so because DEN and SFO are desperately needed.. ^
I do hope that nonstop service returns to DEN. IIRC, a major company that had offices in DEN and the Research Triangle was a major player on that route. I suppose the extinction of the 737s could have played a part in the decision to eliminate the route.

With DL starting nonstop service to LAX, perhaps UA can compete on that route..SFO-RDU would be great, as long as it was on a 757 or A320.. Using an A319 would be painful for upgrades
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
The regular US Airways clubs give reciprocity to UA Red Carpet Club and CO Presidents Club card holders. I have both the RCC club membership and *G card. Wondering if I can use one of these for access to the DL Skyclub at RDU in conjunction with a paid F ticket transcon on US Airways this summer.

Alternatively does anyone know when this new US club will open? It should take RCC cards once it opens.

I've been in the DL club at RDU on a paid F DL transcon last year it was very nice and the staff was fantastic. They gave me a food voucher when our DL flight was delayed.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: None
I'd be surprised if DL would give you access without buying a day pass or having a paid F ticket on DL. UA/CO/US are in the same alliance and that's largely why you get reciprocal access. Since DL is in a different alliance there are no reciprocal benefits.

Jim
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I'd be surprised if DL would give you access without buying a day pass or having a paid F ticket on DL. UA/CO/US are in the same alliance and that's largely why you get reciprocal access. Since DL is in a different alliance there are no reciprocal benefits.

Jim
Yes the question is are they letting in everyone who would have access to the US air club or just those with US air membership and *AG international. Also wondering why they would draw the line at RCC/PC club rather than *AG.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: None
My mistake - I thought you were asking about DL club access with a US ticket.

Others could answer the specifics of US Club admission - I don't think US elites get automatic access to US Clubs unless they have a club membership.

Jim
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
Any confirmation that you can't access the DL club with AMEX?
You would be able to if you were flying Delta, or if it was the US club it is subbing for.

How about with a Day Pass? (I have one from my credit card.)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Originally Posted by businesstraveller2
Yes the question is are they letting in everyone who would have access to the US air club or just those with US air membership and *AG international. Also wondering why they would draw the line at RCC/PC club rather than *AG.
Access is granted to current US Club members only, (I asked). I have never been asked to show proof of travel on US or Delta. I was in the other day and saw two separate instances of CO Club members turned away - no reciprocity for CO or UA.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brobab
Access is granted to current US Club members only, (I asked). I have never been asked to show proof of travel on US or Delta. I was in the other day and saw two separate instances of CO Club members turned away - no reciprocity for CO or UA.
Thanks for reporting back. This is a little disappointing as my flying has focused more on Star as of late and I'm going to keep my RCC membership and drop my SC membership. Let's hope the new lounge gets done quickly!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Thanks for reporting back. This is a little disappointing as my flying has focused more on Star as of late and I'm going to keep my RCC membership and drop my SC membership. Let's hope the new lounge gets done quickly!
Amen to that I'm flying out of RDU end of July 2011.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Regarding AMEX Platinum/Centurion access to a club in RDU, it seems that assuming the AMEX member signs up for the new Priority Pass benefit, we can access The Club at RDU. Trouble is, it's in T1 and US is in T2. Can you transit between the two behind security? Been a while since I was at RDU but might be soon.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
Regarding AMEX Platinum/Centurion access to a club in RDU, it seems that assuming the AMEX member signs up for the new Priority Pass benefit, we can access The Club at RDU. Trouble is, it's in T1 and US is in T2. Can you transit between the two behind security? Been a while since I was at RDU but might be soon.
No they are in completely separate buildings.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: US silver, DL exGM, UA ex1K (now GM), B6, WN, AA
The new "club at RDU"/Priority Pass doesn't open in Terminal ONE until May 1; it IS the club formerly run by USAirways, opposite gate A21. By mid-May, only Southwest and Airtran will be operating there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.