Wiki Posts
Search

UA ORD to PIT US Airways Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood hotels, Star Alliance
UA ORD to PIT US Airways Gold

Recently upgraded to star alliance gold through us airways due to weekly round trips on UA from MSN to PIT with the connection in ORD.
Will my status provide me with upgrades on these flights to first class or will Upgrades always go to UA frequent flyer members.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Welcome to FT, Duqjohn20. You may be able to find the answer to your question in our US Airways forum at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...end-miles-612/.

I've requested the moderators to move your post there so it will get an answer (if it hasn't already been answered.) In the meantime, you may want to check that forum out.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
You won't be eligible for any elite upgrades on UA. However, I've been put in E+ a few times by gate agents for being Star Gold...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
If you want to maximize miles you could route PIT-PHL-ORD-MSN and fly the first two segments on US and the third on UA

I live in PIT and one of the only times I flew UA last year was to get to MSN it is really the only practical option. For leisure travel I might have considered a more exotic route but I needed to get in and out for business.

I find that UA gate agents and staff are becoming tighter with giving out upgrades to economy plus. What you need to check and see is if economy is full because then when you check in you will automatically get put in economy plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.