Search

Lost Luggage Telephone Number

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Lost Luggage Telephone Number

I flew with US Airways TPA-PHL-MUC and my baggage did not make it. I filed a claim in MUC with US Airs handling agent, LH. Unfortunately LH can only fill out a piece of paper and does not get the file reference key until later on.

I was told that US Air would send me the reference key by text message. It has been 48 hours and I have not received anything. I have no problem with checking the net for the baggage status, but the feature is not so useful without a number.

I looked at the US web page and here at FT looking for a contact number without any success. Anyone have such a number that I can call to find out the file reference key?

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: AA-EXP; IC - Amb
The US baggage number is 1-800-371-4771. I don't know if you can get past the robots and speak with a real person there, however.
If you are still in Europe, the number there is 00800 24567890.
I only know these things because all 4 of our family's bags were lost or delayed on a return flight from BMA 3 days ago, so have the paperwork in front of me.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:19 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Thanks for the response. I managed to get a friendly agent on the phone who was able to provide me with the file reference number.

Unfortunately there was no information in the system concerning the location of the bag. I also find that the information listed on the website is rather limited. Not even the bag tag numbers are displayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.