Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A second CLT-FRA flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

A second CLT-FRA flight?

Has anyone else heard that there might be a second CLT-FRA flight starting May 2011??
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
Is this in addition or in place of the second PHL-FRA flight in the summer?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:37 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
The rumor is that LH wants to pull MUC-CLT and US will need to pick up the slack.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Marriott Ambassador
LH pull MUC-CLT? I though it was doing reasonably well.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:15 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Of course its water cooler talk but from what I have heard the lack of premium fares, O&D (with connections in MUC) and cargo are low.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:07 pm

Location: Dallas, TX , formerly Wilmington, NC, hence ILMflyer
Programs: AA/WN/DL
If LH's flight is performing poorly, I could see US fly CLT-MUC on a 767 before another CLT-FRA is added. However, I did hear CLT-FRA is a money maker on freight alone. So, that could explain why an additional CLT-FRA may be desired. Time will tell.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:06 am
Original Poster

I haven't heard the LH CLT-MUC rumor but I've wondered why they fly it and not US.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:42 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
A few guesses why LH has been serving CLT-MUC instead of US:

1.) US hasn't had the free aircraft to fly it until recently
2.) US can/should be able to provide *A feeder traffic for the LH flight
3.) LH likes to support the German companies doing business in the CLT region who likely have contracts with LH
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:54 am

Oh no...I have an award business ticket (Dividend Miles) on LH MUC-CLT-MUC in april, with confirmed 1A and 1C both ways.
What timeframe are we talking about if they pull this route? Can it happen overnight? Will LH rebook me to another flight? I have two connections...what about them? Seems like I have to follow this thread closely...

Best Regards

Tommy
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:26 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I don't know that such a change would happen in April, if the rumor is even true. But if it did happen, US will be responsible for getting you to your destination(since you booked your ticket through them) so call US if/when you learn that the LH route is canceled.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by TommyL
Oh no...I have an award business ticket (Dividend Miles) on LH MUC-CLT-MUC in april, with confirmed 1A and 1C both ways.
What timeframe are we talking about if they pull this route? Can it happen overnight? Will LH rebook me to another flight? I have two connections...what about them? Seems like I have to follow this thread closely...

Best Regards

Tommy
Remember that this is just talk between employee groups. A LH person talking to a US/X so I would take it with a grain of salt until you see it in a press release. LH/US will make sure that you are rerouted if needed.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:46 pm

Ok thanks a lot!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Marriott Ambassador
Seems the second CLT-FRA is confirmed on a 767, at least seasonally. It is loaded and in the schedule.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
I'd say doubtful. BMW and Mercedes Benz and several other companies use the route as a Germany-SE US connector.

I've never done it, but people from our Deggendorf DE office have and use it w/ US to do MUC-CLT-MSP and prefer transferring at CLT over other places. From what they say it sounds like there's a decent amount of corporate business travel earlier in the week.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gators93
Seems the second CLT-FRA is confirmed on a 767, at least seasonally. It is loaded and in the schedule.

Where did you see it???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.