Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US to begin direct DCA-ILM flights in March

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

US to begin direct DCA-ILM flights in March

I have not seen this posted before(newbie poster, long term lurker, did a forum search and saw nothing prior)...I have not had the benefit of a direct flight to Washington area since moving there in 2005. From ILM website:

http://www.flyilm.com/AboutILMAirpor...px?ContentId=6

If only it would become more than just a weekend seasonal flight...I could be persuaded to ditch my Delta addiction!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Welcome to Flyertalk DCA-ILMGuy and thanks for sharing! Sounds like good news!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:26 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
It is a possibility that ILM will go daily. However the last time we had it loads sucked all season. US also tried MYR and was a little better. I can remember two years ago DCA-ILM had 2 passengers on an 86 seat plane and 12 back (6 were employees). It was like that every Sat...
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
Sometimes full planes, sotimes not, but great airport

You'd think, that ILM would have decent air service. The put all that money in the access ramp. There's no real airport until RDU, but so easy to get in park and get out. I remember prices were a little higher the other US sations, but they go to PHL as well. I remember weather was great in ILM and everything was canx in PHL, then they release the CJ to go. Me and the flight attendant were the only two on the plane. I was in the first row and she still made all the announcements over the intercom!!?? So I pushed the call button for service.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: US CP, DL nothing
I'll take whatever we can get, but I'd have preferred to have had mainline stick around. Hopefully they'll be back. It's a shame they only have a small fleet of 190's now. Before we lost mainline the last time, all of our 737 service went to E190. Somewhere around the time the 10 frames were sold to RW we lost it altogether. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why they brought mainline back this fall instead of during our busy season.

I'll be interested to see if DCA goes daily though.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:00 pm

Location: Dallas, TX , formerly Wilmington, NC, hence ILMflyer
Programs: AA/WN/DL
The ILM-DCA flights will be used to transport golfers to the region. As mentioned they have tried this route before on all sorts of equipment and never last. I remember a Dash 8 flying the route once, and we were serverly weight restricted and could not take a full load.

I, too, hope the mainlines return soon. They chose to fly the mainlines for 3 1/2 months during a slow period. We can fill them up May-September!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by shttrdrvr
Me and the flight attendant were the only two on the plane. I was in the first row and she still made all the announcements over the intercom!!?? So I pushed the call button for service.
I love it! Did she say the flight was too short for a full beverage service?

I wish ILM could shed the RJ equipment...I've made plenty of trips to RDU, because the RJ are the first to cancel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.