Wiki Posts
Search

Praise for flight status notification emails

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Praise for flight status notification emails

Yesterday, I received an email about an hour before our flight from PHL to SFO took off telling me that the flight from Kansas City to San Francisco was going to be about an hour late. It had the right flight number, but obviously I wasn't traveling from Kansas City and I was fairly confident that US didn't have any direct flights. I popped on to the web in the club and checked the flight and it looked normal, so I just shrugged it off as some kind of weird IT glitch.

After settling in to 1D/F and enjoying my predeparture drink (which seem to be fairly standard for me again these days ^^) the captain came on and advised us that we would be making a refueling stop in Kansas City due to weather and strong headwinds.

Aha! Now the email makes a lot of sense.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: US Chairman
I was flying home from from Orlando a few days ago and my flight to CLT was delayed. I knew I would miss my connection to RIC and was worried that I wouldn't be able to get a seat. As soon as we landed, I had a text message saying I was already confirmed on the next flight. That took a lot of stress out of trying to figure out if I'd be able to get a seat on another flight.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA US
My recent flight home from BHM to DCA was going to be an hour and a half late. The Company both emailed and phoned my wife to let her know.

Neither UA nor AA (on both of which I'm gold level elite) does this. I'm nothing on US, although I did join their ff program. My wife was impressed.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Wednesday was a rough day also. Got an email about 1 PM stating a 3:56 departure from MHT was cancelled. This provided enough time to call and rebook a flight through CLT that ran fine.

It was nice to see the note come out far enough in advance it allowed us to rebook and not impact the final destination by more than 1 hour.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I regularly get calls + texts + emails in case of any problem; US is very good about that.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I regularly get calls + texts + emails in case of any problem; US is very good about that.
Something I actually agree you on. They are even starting to do it the night before when flights are cancelled or delayed. After pilots have timed out flying to smaller airports like mobile or Jackson, ms
Old Jul 14, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
I'd like it better if the emails and phone calls agreed with each other. Last week I received simultaneous voice and email, both saying that the flight was delayed but giving different times.

Peculiarly, the email said that the 6:07 PM departure would be delayed until 6:07 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.