Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver $200 Gold $400 Platinum $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
Originally Posted by gmn
Does anyone think US Airways is going to do another Silver Status trial like last summer?
Why isnt anyone giving out a free trial these days?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by Kjamaral
Thanks AZ guy.

I saw an older post on the previous page stating that only trips booked within the 90 day trial would qualify to earn miles towards trial status as it states on the website . Is this true? Because then someone actually went on to say that any miles flown whether it was booked before or after trial purchase would go towards preferred status as long as it's flown with in the 90 days. Can anyone confirm if that's true or not?
I have my daughter ticketed for the following RT in Sep-Nov:
BOS-PHL-BCN 10K?
BOS-PHL 1K?
BOS-PHX 4.6K

15K miles in 90 days?

Can I sign her up for the trial Sep 1st and get her Silver that way?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: US Gold, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
BOS-PHL-BCN 10K?
BOS-PHL 1K?
BOS-PHX 4.6K

15K miles in 90 days?

If you did she would be Gold by the end of the trial. I booked a trip to CA in March and called the Trial Preferred line on the day of travel to purchase it. Not only did it count towards the trial but I was upgraded (as a silver) for my return from PHX-BOS. Then I flew to Manchester, UK and earned my Gold. That was my experience. Hopefully others can chime in with similar experiences.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:04 pm

I need your Help! On DM status

I am new to the group....I need help if I buy myself up the to Elite status with US Air, will it help me if I fly other airlines such as Canada Air?

Also, If I take the challenge to "Elite" can I transfer points continue with the Elite status past the 90 days?

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Yes, if you buy up to US DM Silver, you will be Star Silver. If you buy up to any other level (Gold, Plat, Chairman Plat) you will be Star Gold.

As a Star Alliance elite, you will get the following systemwide benefits: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/ since Canada Air is part of the Star Alliance with US Airways.

As for the challenge, you can transfer miles out. Just remember only US (BIS) metal miles counts toward the challenge.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:11 pm

If I take the challenge to gold elite does that mean I will be gold on star also?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Testigophoenix
If I take the challenge to gold elite does that mean I will be gold on star also?
Yes for either 90 days or until 2/28/13 if you fly the required 15,000 miles on US Airways within the 90 days to maintain the status.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
U could buy Silver Trail and save 200 bucks, and your daughter will still make Gold for the rest of this year and next until Feb 2013.

Originally Posted by Alphaguy
BOS-PHL-BCN 10K?
BOS-PHL 1K?
BOS-PHX 4.6K

15K miles in 90 days?

Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by GamecockFan
I wonder if the $200 fee for this would be covered under the new American Express Platinum travel benefit.
Pardon my idiocy , but could some one elaborate on the Plat travel benefit?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by goheelswks
...could some one elaborate on the Plat travel benefit?
Here we go ...

$200 Airline Fee Credit. Check your bags or enjoy an in-flight meal on us. Every year we'll cover up to $200 of incidental airline fees that are charged to your enrolled Platinum Card on the airline of your choice. The $200 Airline Fee Credit can apply to fees such as baggage fees, flight change fees, in-flight food, and airport lounge day passes. ...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Not to sure why you can't go to the US website and look for it yourself, but since you ask..

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../benefits.html

Originally Posted by goheelswks
Pardon my idiocy , but could some one elaborate on the Plat travel benefit?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Not to sure why you can't go to the US website and look for it yourself, but since you ask..

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../benefits.html
I believe he was asking about the AmEx Plat travel benefit, not the DM one.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kudzu
Thank you. That appears to be a change since I last looked (~2 months ago.) Not having CO club access (i.e., RCC) is a big downgrade, though
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Once you have elite status with *A you get those benefits. Transfering Miles does not help you with your status, you must fly X amount depending on the status you bought.

Originally Posted by Testigophoenix
I am new to the group....I need help if I buy myself up the to Elite status with US Air, will it help me if I fly other airlines such as Canada Air?

Also, If I take the challenge to "Elite" can I transfer points continue with the Elite status past the 90 days?

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:02 pm

Hi, Newbie here. Good link - this is new to me, thanks.

Question 1: Does United offer something similar? I am 1K 2011 but only at @ 40,000 for next year ... goal = achieve 1K for 2012 and those 6 system wide upgrades! (or do those now come at 125K?

Question 2: Is there a link or a specific forum for maximizing miles using multi-city tickets? I do a lot of Germany (@ FRA/MUC) to DEN.

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by dl767captain
Just saw this on USAirways.com

https://membership.usairways.com/en-...preferred.html

It looks like you can only do this every 24 months but it seems like a crazy easy way to make elite status on US Airways. How does this impact availability for upgrades etc on US Airways?

Last edited by Iam Jetlagged; Aug 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm Reason: correction of year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.