Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 Advance Discussion: US 'Tweets' its coming soon (Merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2011 Advance Discussion: US 'Tweets' its coming soon (Merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:34 am

Top up your Hilton account with 2500 points before they are gone:

http://www.hhonors.com/2500
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sangria
Hey All,

I signed up for the US Air Mastercard for GS2010 and was wondering if I should plan on canceling it to get the hit for GS2011. Or in 2010 did anyone get a hit for having the card even though they already had it prior to the promotion beginning (eg, they signed up for the MC for the GS2009)?
Keep the card. You get a hit for any points that post associated with your monthly spend (i.e. when your monthly statement closes, US Air miles post from Barclays - this counts as a hit).
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by pointofnoreturn
Top up your Hilton account with 2500 points before they are gone:

http://www.hhonors.com/2500
This is great for those of us with e-rewards plans for HHonors.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:28 am

Hilton Dining Signup Bonus 1,100 Hilton Points

Not sure if others have seen this, but the Rewards Network dining program with Hilton is offering a signup bonus of 1,100 HH points with a few qualifications.

Signup here:
Start off 2011 on the right foot by joining Hilton HHonors Dining. Then build that single step into a healthy lead by earning 1,100 HHonors Bonus Points! Register, dine and watch the HHonors Bonus Points roll in!
Follow these steps to get a leg up this year:
1 Join Hilton HHonors Dining and register for the Get a Jump on 2011 Bonus.*
2 Spend $30 dining at participating restaurants, bars and clubs over the next 30 days.
3 Complete a review within 30 days of each dine. (The review link will be emailed to you, and it only takes a minute to complete.)
4 Earn 1,100 HHonors Bonus Points.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:31 am

It also looks like Choice Hotels has been added back to the reward options in e-rewards. Not sure if this has been posted already.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by ejh25
Not sure if others have seen this, but the Rewards Network dining program with Hilton is offering a signup bonus of 1,100 HH points with a few qualifications.

Signup here:

Hope this helps.
Keep in mind, your card can only be registerd in one Rewards Network program at a time; if you enroll it in the HHonors program, it will be de-enrolled from the US program. Not a show-stopper if you are just going after the sign-up bonus but for those who are collecting "qualifying dines" and raising the miles given per dollar, this will slow your progress. Also that registered card will have to be moved back into the US program prior to GS11 (if there is a GS11) to count as a potential hit.

Again not show-stoppers but do be aware of the impact of registering your card with a different Rewards Network sponsor!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Keep in mind, your card can only be registerd in one Rewards Network program at a time; if you enroll it in the HHonors program, it will be de-enrolled from the US program. Not a show-stopper if you are just going after the sign-up bonus but for those who are collecting "qualifying dines" and raising the miles given per dollar, this will slow your progress. Also that registered card will have to be moved back into the US program prior to GS11 (if there is a GS11) to count as a potential hit.

Again not show-stoppers but do be aware of the impact of registering your card with a different Rewards Network sponsor!
This is a good clarification. I move my main credit card around between all the different dining programs depending on what I'm after.
My strategy is to focus on Hilton until I hit the 10,000 threshold. Then move back to AA dining to work on lifetime status there and only use the US dining program for the GS.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Amex Discover America promo starts next week. It's basically discounted gift cards, points and stay certificates. Deals are better when you pay with AmEx as that gets you 10% off. Not all deals are posted yet; last year you could get good deals on Choice and maybe Hyatt. Might be a good way to top off accounts depending on who's selling points, or control spending for GS. a Marriott gift vard with $100 value is $89 minus 10% for paying with Amex = $80.10 for $100 worth of Marriott spend. When using Marriott gift cards you get points on them just like cash. Not sure if there's any shipping fees though (usually Marriott gc are like $1 to ship).

There is also $33 for one day rental with Avis.

https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/Default.aspx plus several threads on various FT forums.

Last edited by dcpatti; Apr 6, 2011 at 8:03 pm
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Amex Discover America promo starts next week. It's basically discounted gift cards, points and stay certificates. Deals are better when you pay with AmEx as that gets you 10% off. Not all deals are posted; last year you could get good deals on Choice and maybe Hyatt. Might be a good way to top off accounts depending on who's selling points, or control spending for GS. a Marriott gift vard with $100 value is $89 minus 10% for paying with Amex = $80.10 for $100 worth of Marriott spend. When using Marriott gift cards you get points on them just like cash. Not sure if there's any shipping fees though (usually Marriott gc are like $1 to ship).

https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/Default.aspx plus several threads on various FT forums.
Nice. Thanks for this.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:17 am

club point min.

does any one have the point values to trade from the 10 hotels chains? I know marriott and hilton are 10,000.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by fdelude
does any one have the point values to trade from the 10 hotels chains? I know marriott and hilton are 10,000.
This was the transfer rate for GS10. No guarantee that it will be the same when/if GS11 rolls around.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14531662-post27.html
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:12 am

Speaking of hotel points, has anyone seen sign-up bonuses recently for Gold Points like in the run-up to GS 2010? I missed that last time but would love to reach the 2,000 mark for DM deposit. I know it's as reachable as booking one actual stay online, but free-er points never hurt.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
La Quinta is now a partner of US. They have not added the redemption option for US on their site yet but all other airlines are 6000 LQ = 1000 miles. You can get LQ points from E-Rewards, $100 = 4000 LQ, $60 = 2200 LQ and $30 = 1000 LQ. Not sure if there are any sign up bonues yet.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
La Quinta is now a partner of US. They have not added the redemption option for US on their site yet but all other airlines are 6000 LQ = 1000 miles. You can get LQ points from E-Rewards, $100 = 4000 LQ, $60 = 2200 LQ and $30 = 1000 LQ. Not sure if there are any sign up bonues yet.
Excellent. Yet another reason to use Dining Rewards for Hilton and PCR and save the e-rewards for Choice and potentially Quinta.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:08 am

Last year was my first year for the Grand Slam. Now that I am paying attention, my thinking on this promo has changed a little.

The recent 100% bonus on purchased miles put the price per mile at $0.01375. Not the best deal that's been out there, but not too bad.

With 36 hits for 100K miles, this works out to 2778 miles per hit. So if I can average ~$38 per hit, I will be getting about the same deal as the recent promo.

Of course, if it is money that I was going to spend anyway, the hits are essentially free, but I'm going to think twice about any hit that costs more than $38.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.