Wiki Posts
Search

Purchased F Unable to Select Seat at Checkin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Purchased F Unable to Select Seat at Checkin

Hi all,

I am trying to check into a flight from LAS-CLT and while I am confirmed in F(I purchased F), I am unable to select a seat and a (blank) appears after accepting all seat assignments.

Does this mean that I am going to get a "nice" surprise downgrade when arriving at the gate tomorrow

Or will US simply assign the Pilot's rest seat (as it is a 752 Envoy) tomorrow when I arrive at the airport?

Any insight is appreciated,
Dan
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
You will probably get 1A, which is held back for handicapped pax traveling in F. They don't oversell F so the theoretical handicapped pax would already have a F ticket, in which case they'd get 1A and you'd get whatever ticket they're holding. Usually these are released for assignment 24 hours in advance but i might be remembering it wrong and it's "day of travel". If you reprint your pass upon arrival at LAS it'll 9 times out of 10 let you pick that last chair.

I don't think they hold a seat for crew rest on domestic flight even if it's the Envoy config.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dan1431
Hi all,

I am trying to check into a flight from LAS-CLT and while I am confirmed in F(I purchased F), I am unable to select a seat and a (blank) appears after accepting all seat assignments.

Does this mean that I am going to get a "nice" surprise downgrade when arriving at the gate tomorrow

Or will US simply assign the Pilot's rest seat (as it is a 752 Envoy) tomorrow when I arrive at the airport?

Any insight is appreciated,
Dan
Complete the online check in process and you should see when your boarding pass prints that it will have a seat assignment on it. The system while it wont let you pick the seat, it will pick it for you. Youll end up with either 1A (the designated handicapped seat) or the pilot rest seat (3D - only if you are on a Envoy equipped 757).

Originally Posted by dcpatti
I don't think they hold a seat for crew rest on domestic flight even if it's the Envoy config.
Actually the system does hold 3D on the Envoy equipped 757s even on domestic flights. If you look at a seat map for domestic Envoy 757 flights, youll see seat 3D missing from the seat map.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Really? Because I had 3D on that plane LAS-CLT last week, selected when I got upgraded 4 or 5 days out.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Really? Because I had 3D on that plane LAS-CLT last week, selected when I got upgraded 4 or 5 days out.
Pick random domestic flights (flights weeks out to get more "open" flights) operated by the Envoy equipped 757s and youll see 3D completely missing from the seat maps.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

As it turns out I was assigned 3D only after I OLCIed.

Thank you all for your reassurances,
Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.