Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus for transferring miles from Starwood, etc.?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bonus for transferring miles from Starwood, etc.?

I remember US Air had a promo several months ago (?) that included bonus miles for transfers and the like. (Like a 50% bonus on all transferred miles to US Air). I had no interest in the time but I just spent a ton of miles on a huge trip and want to reload my US Air Dividend Miles account. I am loaded with SPG points -- so I figure I should do it when there's a promo. Anyone know if that one is still active, by any chance? How often have they run that promo in the past? Is it likely there will be another one in next 3-6 months?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Crud. I just researched this and it turns out they've done this promo 2 summers in a row (at least) but it just expired... YESTERDAY. Thought not sure whether the miles had to be received by Sept 30 or transferred, so if it was received I was more than 1 day late. Terrible timing. Seeing if CP desk will give me a 1 day extension but I'm sure they won't.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by masonuc
I remember US Air had a promo several months ago (?) that included bonus miles for transfers and the like. (Like a 50% bonus on all transferred miles to US Air). I had no interest in the time but I just spent a ton of miles on a huge trip and want to reload my US Air Dividend Miles account. I am loaded with SPG points -- so I figure I should do it when there's a promo. Anyone know if that one is still active, by any chance? How often have they run that promo in the past? Is it likely there will be another one in next 3-6 months?

Thanks.
i hope you have signed up for the Grand Slam promo with US
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

that's a measly one hit

i'm talking a transfer of about 250k miles so obviously the 50% bonus is huge -- going to wait for next summer, i guess or perhaps check for other airlines having promos
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by masonuc
that's a measly one hit

i'm talking a transfer of about 250k miles so obviously the 50% bonus is huge -- going to wait for next summer, i guess or perhaps check for other airlines having promos
Definitely hold on to them. AA had a 30% bonus on SPG transfers too and if they also do so again sometime in the next year you can now redeem on BA metal from US gateways effective today. I've recently acquired a significant amount of SPG myself, waiting for a promo to come back with a number of airlines.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Definitely hold on to them. AA had a 30% bonus on SPG transfers too and if they also do so again sometime in the next year you can now redeem on BA metal from US gateways effective today. I've recently acquired a significant amount of SPG myself, waiting for a promo to come back with a number of airlines.
Anyplace you can think of to track these promos other than SPG forum on flyertalk?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
This was the AA promo:

Convert Your Hotel Points Into AAdvantageŽ miles
and Earn Up To 35% Bonus Miles Towards Your Next Trip
Now through June 30, 2010 you have a unique opportunity to convert your
hotel points into American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles and earn a bonus on
the amount of AAdvantage miles you receive from the conversion.
Earn a bonus of:

When you convert hotel points to:
25% 1,000 - 20,000 AAdvantage miles
35% More than 20,000 AAdvantage miles

For example, convert your points into 20,000 AAdvantage miles and earn
5,000 bonus miles from American Airlines to have enough for a round-trip
flight award. Convert your points into 40,000 AAdvantage miles and you'll
earn 14,000 bonus miles from American Airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.