FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Pleasant trip 9/23/10 PHL - TPA us 1241 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1129807-pleasant-trip-9-23-10-phl-tpa-us-1241-a.html)

swanscn Sep 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Pleasant trip 9/23/10 PHL - TPA us 1241

Yesterday my wife and I were traveling form Philadelphia to Tampa on US. Because of my recent travel patterns I have not been on a US flight for the last 15 months or so. I have not even been flying out of Philadelphia because of my travel patterns (Newark and JFK). Our pleasant experience actually started with a helpful TSA agent, the people in front of us needed some information and suggestions about getting around the PHL airport. The young lady from TSA gave the accurate information and was very nice to everyone in line. The rest of the TSA experience was as it should always be, no yelling quick and efficient (yes, I did just say nice things about TSA). We came through the B security checkpoint to find our flight out of C-28. We got to the gate to find 2 USAir employees taking care of customer service issues without complaint. They handled the scrum (usual for PHL) without any problems, since this was a through flight they need to get the passengers back on board before general boarding could start. There seemed to be a shortage of wheelchair's (we were going to Florida) to take care of the passengers. They also took care of getting a lady to a flight in the B concourse who needed assistance they called they departing desk to let them know she was on her way.
We were seated in 1D and 1F and were greeted and offered drinks Jim T. was handling the FC cabin and he did a excellent job always used the passengers name when speaking with them. He handled the pre-departure drinks without disturbing the boarding process too much. Overall he was one of the best FA's I have had a chance to meet. (all for now part 2 return in 10 day).

coachrowsey Sep 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Thank you very much.

Teacherflyer Sep 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks for the trip report.

swanscn Oct 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Return on 10/2/2010 on US 734

Once again we had another nice trip. Got to TPA and they were not using the nude-o-scopes (nice), this made getting through security so much faster and more pleasant. Flight was not too full so boarding was easy once again row 1 and no issues with getting bags above. Crew was friendly and served pre-departure drinks.
Over all I would say this CLT based (with a phl transplant) did a very good job on handling this flight. Sorry for so late and short but running out again.
So once again a thumbs up.

swested Oct 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by swanscn (Post 14779583)
There seemed to be a shortage of wheelchair's (we were going to Florida) to take care of the passengers.

+1 Happens every time on the way to FL. It's hilarious when pre-boarding gets called, and half the plane gets to board.

formeraa Oct 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by swested (Post 14957486)
+1 Happens every time on the way to FL. It's hilarious when pre-boarding gets called, and half the plane gets to board.

And we out here in PHX deal with this constantly...;)