Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Anyone ever tried to get miles for ordering business cards at OfficeMax? They have a deal right now for 250 cards for $7.99 with free shipping, but with as far as I could get in the process without registering, there was a reference to a "partner". So I'm not clear if miles would be earned- the info on the US Airways page is not clear.

Anyone with experience?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by rxralph
They were listed separately last year too, however I only received 1 hit when I had purchased from both.

ralph
Umm. I only see FTD listed for last year's promo according to the online promo page for it and my emails from US at the time. Florist and 1-800 Flowers (which I swear was a partner at one time) were not part of the Grand Slam.

In any case, since FTD and Florist are the same company, counting only once kind of makes sense.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: US -Plat, UA-Plat, AA-Plat, Marriott - Platinum,
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Anyone ever tried to get miles for ordering business cards at OfficeMax? They have a deal right now for 250 cards for $7.99 with free shipping, but with as far as I could get in the process without registering, there was a reference to a "partner". So I'm not clear if miles would be earned- the info on the US Airways page is not clear.

Anyone with experience?
+1

When I click on the Partners link only OfficeDEPOT not OfficeMax appears..very confused
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by PA Pilot
+1

When I click on the Partners link only OfficeDEPOT not OfficeMax appears..very confused
Select "Get Miles" -> "All partner offers" -> "Gift and retail"

(don't go through the Dividend Miles Shopping Mall)
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I'm leaving for Spain on the 1st too and won't be back home until the 20th so I need to hold off on any product purchases that need to be shipped too. That's bugging me!
It is probably too late but you could rent a box\address at a mailbox place...this will take care of the vendors that do NOT use the date that you purchase the product from them as the posting date.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: US -Plat, UA-Plat, AA-Plat, Marriott - Platinum,
Thanks! ^^^ I'm clearly an idiot.....I totally skipped Gifts and Retail and tried "Even More Ways" and then "Shopping Mall."
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
US Airways Cruises?

Has anyone used US Airways Cruises as a Grand Slam partner? I'm considering booking a cruise and it would be great if I could use it as one of my hits, but I don't know if the miles post by booking date or cruise date.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Umm. I only see FTD listed for last year's promo according to the online promo page for it and my emails from US at the time. Florist and 1-800 Flowers (which I swear was a partner at one time) were not part of the Grand Slam.

In any case, since FTD and Florist are the same company, counting only once kind of makes sense.
Thanks...I updated the first post to say that YMMV on two hits.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Earning Points at SPG and Radisson

For an upcoming vacation, I have reservations SPG and Radisson where I am using points (i.e. 4,000 SPG points per night) and money ($ 60 per night) for the hotel stays. Will I earn miles on the money portion (i.e. $ 60) for these reservations? I was guessing that I won't earn miles for these stays. Please advise.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Just in case someone is really desperate for one of the harder hits and happen to be in Germany during the promo period. SQ does have a new daily MUC<->MAN flight. Eligible return fare starts at 195 $.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
dam... ive got 485 miles on e-miles but with DL!!! cant switch, either had to sign up with a new account and only have about 300 now :/
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by mrredskin
dam... ive got 485 miles on e-miles but with DL!!! cant switch, either had to sign up with a new account and only have about 300 now :/
Do your offers on that US air e-miles account include any charities? They usually offer 100 miles for a minimum donation. I've found (YMMV) that a donation of $5 usually generates an instant 100 e-miles.

Andyandy
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
FYI, cheapest item I can find on Skymall is "Improvements Bag Clips" at $1.47 + $7.99 shipping. And they are even usefull!

Cheapest item on OfficeMax is "OfficeMax Refill for chain pen" @ $.99 + $7.95 shipping

Andyandy

Last edited by andyandy; Aug 31, 2010 at 8:01 am Reason: update
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Gold (1MM), SPG Gold, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
For an upcoming vacation, I have reservations SPG and Radisson where I am using points (i.e. 4,000 SPG points per night) and money ($ 60 per night) for the hotel stays. Will I earn miles on the money portion (i.e. $ 60) for these reservations? I was guessing that I won't earn miles for these stays. Please advise.
You will not earn anything for an SPG award stay (even a C&P). Can't speak to the Radisson stay.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by andyandy
Do your offers on that US air e-miles account include any charities? They usually offer 100 miles for a minimum donation. I've found (YMMV) that a donation of $5 usually generates an instant 100 e-miles.

Andyandy
not yet. it was the initial 6-7 questions from e-miles themself after initial signup. waiting for the business/org offers, now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.