USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
So...... AA App it is?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bkafrick
So...... AA App it is?
Sounds like it... Although, if they have something built and in beta phase - I wouldn't mind testing it until the cut over to AA's IT systems.

Just saying...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by bkafrick
So...... AA App it is?
Don't you mean AApp?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by SS255
Don't you mean AApp?
It's AAvailable for AAndroid!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: UA1K
i think it's embarrassing US hasn't come up with an ap yet.

and i agree with everyone about the UA ap. one of their best features and an amazing application.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LM225
+1. For iPhones, being able to save your boarding pass to Passbook is huge.

FYI - You can now add US Airways electronic boarding passes to Passbook. See this thread for more information.

(Of course, only supported at the limited locations where US Airways supports mobile boarding passes)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
USAirways App

Apparently an app is coming within a month -

https://twitter.com/crankyflier/status/327132524646133760

Per the US media day event..
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:59 am

US Airways, please give us an APP!!!!! Oh no, i'm CP we have a concierge service for such things.... LOL
Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:45 pm

Article on the app...it is in beta now...

http://blog.apex.aero/prepost-flight...le-app-launch/
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
One of the key things that needs to be in our apps or mobile website is the sale of ancillary products, and getting that process to work the right way and be consumer friendlyhas definitely been a challenge.
Yes - forget about all the customer service things an app could do - lets make damn sure we dont release it until we can sell things on it successfully!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I think my mouth hit the floor when I searched the Apple app store and found no US Airways mobile application. It is hard to fathom a major airline not having a mobile app available for iOS. At this point, have they just given up and are going to hope for the AA app to rescue their technological incompetence?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I think my mouth hit the floor when I searched the Apple app store and found no US Airways mobile application. It is hard to fathom a major airline not having a mobile app available for iOS. At this point, have they just given up and are going to hope for the AA app to rescue their technological incompetence?
It appears so. US might claim to be working on an app at the moment (as they've said for a few years), but the reality is probably that US will wait until AA's app becomes available to use rather than pushing out an app that will only be used for a few months.

On a positive note, they did roll out iOS passbook boarding passes, which are far superior to their previous mobile boarding passes. However, they are not a replacement for a fully-functional airline app.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by jr57
On a positive note, they did roll out iOS passbook boarding passes, which are far superior to their previous mobile boarding passes. However, they are not a replacement for a fully-functional airline app.
I did see that and have never used Passbook before, but SFO isn't included in the list of airports accepting them unfortunately.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I did see that and have never used Passbook before, but SFO isn't included in the list of airports accepting them unfortunately.
I think passbook is great if you get the chance to use it, but alas, US doesn't offer mobile BP everywhere.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
The AA mobile app is great. I guess US has to keep on this path until integration is farther along..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.