Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Originally Posted by pinniped
I've been very impressed with United's app - it's better than AA's IMHO.
United's app is simply awesome. Def better than AA I think.

It 2013. I cant imagine what is taking so long. I wonder if I write to US and see what they say.
Just had my first UA r/t in a while. Very impressed with their app - made travel easier, and made me wish US would get their act together on this front..
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Just had my first UA r/t in a while. Very impressed with their app - made travel easier, and made me wish US would get their act together on this front..
I have to fly United semi-regularly for work, and while I don't particularly enjoy the travel experience, I echo others' sentiments that the United app is top notch.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by McGowan06
I have to fly United semi-regularly for work, and while I don't particularly enjoy the travel experience, I echo others' sentiments that the United app is top notch.
+1. For iPhones, being able to save your boarding pass to Passbook is huge.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
I agree with several posters, the UA app is excellent. I've used it myself and have seen a colleague use it (he's Exectutive Platinum or whatever their top tier is). It's amazing what you can do with it. UA allows changes to be made at no charge (probably just for elites) within 24 hrs of your scheduled flight. I've seen him change his flight from a very early morning departure to an early evening departure the night before, get his seat, check in and get his boarding pass. Done.

If there are any US employees lurking here, please copy the UA app. Anything less will be a disappointment.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
I agree with several posters, the UA app is excellent. I've used it myself and have seen a colleague use it (he's Exectutive Platinum or whatever their top tier is). It's amazing what you can do with it. UA allows changes to be made at no charge (probably just for elites) within 24 hrs of your scheduled flight. I've seen him change his flight from a very early morning departure to an early evening departure the night before, get his seat, check in and get his boarding pass. Done.

If there are any US employees lurking here, please copy the UA app. Anything less will be a disappointment.
UA Premier Golds and above can do a free Same Day Change within 24 hours of their flight.

The two best features on the UA app are the upgrade screen (showing cleared, standby, how many open seats and how many have checked in) and the "where is this aircraft coming from?" link.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
UA Premier Golds and above can do a free Same Day Change within 24 hours of their flight.

The two best features on the UA app are the upgrade screen (showing cleared, standby, how many open seats and how many have checked in) and the "where is this aircraft coming from?" link.
I really love this feature. I wish GateGuru or FlightTrack would include that functionality. I'm not willing to even wish for a decent US app.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: US CP | MR PL | HH Diamond | Hertz PC
Why build an app when AA already has one? Anyone used it?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by MattNeedsMiles
Why build an app when AA already has one? Anyone used it?
If they even do a merger, it could easily be >18 months before reservation systems are merged.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by phlwookie
If they even do a merger, it could easily be >18 months before reservation systems are merged.
And another 18 months before the post-reservation migration bugs get fixed.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SS255
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
I really love this feature. I wish GateGuru or FlightTrack would include that functionality. I'm not willing to even wish for a decent US app.
+1 ^^^^

I cant believe there isnt a third party app that shows where is this aircraft coming from. I've searched. Maybe I havent searched hard enough though?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:14 pm

+1 ^^^^

I cant believe there isnt a third party app that shows where is this aircraft coming from. I've searched. Maybe I havent searched hard enough though?
Flight Aware will show you that. Both the app or the website. Play around with it and you can "Track Inbound Flights" to see where the inbound equipment is coming from, and even where the equipment actually is on the map.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Flight Aware will show you that. Both the app or the website. Play around with it and you can "Track Inbound Flights" to see where the inbound equipment is coming from, and even where the equipment actually is on the map.
not for US....
unless they changed something recently....
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
From Customer Service

Dear Mr. bkafrick,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We are still working on the iPhone and Android apps and hope to release them soon. At this time, we do not have a release date.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (800) 428-4322. We know that you have many choices and we thank you for choosing US Airways.

Sincerely,

Stacy Doore
US Airways
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Originally Posted by njf1003
not for US....
unless they changed something recently....
Huh. You're right - unfortunately
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:22 pm

From Customer Service

Dear Mr. bkafrick,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We are still working on the iPhone and Android apps and hope to release them soon. At this time, we do not have a release date.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (800) 428-4322. We know that you have many choices and we thank you for choosing US Airways.

Sincerely,

Stacy Doore
US Airways
Sounding more and more like the plan might just to be use AA's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.