US Airways Take Flight Certificate

 
Old Jul 21, 10, 3:00 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: STR
Programs: LH FTL
Posts: 37
US Airways Take Flight Certificate

Hi,

will I be able to earn miles with LH-M&M when I pay part of a US ticket with a take flight certificate?
Im wondering because I was reading the following in the T&C:
4.Dividend Mileage accrual does not apply

Is that just towards Dividend miles or in general?
Has anybody used a take flight cerificate and got miles credited to M&M?

Thanks
Fonce81 is offline  
Old Jul 21, 10, 9:42 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington DC
Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by Fonce81 View Post
Hi,

will I be able to earn miles with LH-M&M when I pay part of a US ticket with a take flight certificate?
Im wondering because I was reading the following in the T&C:
4.Dividend Mileage accrual does not apply

Is that just towards Dividend miles or in general?
Has anybody used a take flight cerificate and got miles credited to M&M?

Thanks
As long as you use a $$ off voucher (or use the $$$ off portion of the free round trip voucher) you will get preferred qualifying miles and segments for your flight.

I don't see that crediting to another program would be any different. The flight will book into a mile earning class.
GoodOmens is offline  
Old Jul 22, 10, 4:59 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Posts: 1,539
This may sort of be hijacking the thread, but not really...

If the take flight certificate says "not valid after aug16th", does this mean travel must be completed by aug16 or travel must be booked prior to that date (but the departure date can be after)?

Thanks
AEpilot76 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 10, 9:33 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington DC
Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by AEpilot76 View Post
This may sort of be hijacking the thread, but not really...

If the take flight certificate says "not valid after aug16th", does this mean travel must be completed by aug16 or travel must be booked prior to that date (but the departure date can be after)?

Thanks
Booked by that date, travel within a year of that date.
GoodOmens is offline  
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:11 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LCY
Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Gold
Posts: 162
Is it possible to use the certificate for two passengers?
Or in other words: I have a $200 certificate, can I book a $100 flight for two people?
rofra is offline  
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:13 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 889
Originally Posted by rofra View Post
Is it possible to use the certificate for two passengers?
Or in other words: I have a $200 certificate, can I book a $100 flight for two people?
No its not possible. Can only be applied to one person, one ticket.
TiredOfTooMuchTravel is offline  
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:24 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LCY
Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Gold
Posts: 162
Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel View Post
No its not possible. Can only be applied to one person, one ticket.
Thank you! And only to flights operated by US (Shuttle) I guess? No codeshares operated by UA with a US flight number?
rofra is offline  
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:38 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington DC
Programs: AA Plat
Posts: 1,304
Originally Posted by rofra View Post
Thank you! And only to flights operated by US (Shuttle) I guess? No codeshares operated by UA with a US flight number?
Yes re: shuttle. As for codeshares, read the terms closely. Some vouchers state "and their codeshare partners." If yours doesn't, then no.
DCAorBust is offline  
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:39 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 889
Originally Posted by rofra View Post
Thank you! And only to flights operated by US (Shuttle) I guess? No codeshares operated by UA with a US flight number?
That is correct. Good on US, US Express and US Shuttle.
TiredOfTooMuchTravel is offline  
Old Nov 10, 10, 6:47 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 50
My take flight certificate conditions were misleading. One rule said it was good only on USAirways and USAirways Express flights. (Which could imply no codeshares). Another rule said codeshares were allowed. I booked a ticket on a codeshare flight operated by United over the phone. The person on the phone told me that was not allowed. I read the rules over the phone to her, she asked her supervisor and then they said yes I could use it and ticketed the flight for me. I guess anything is possible.
gwuaja is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: