Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Platinum Card and Centurion members! You now have access to all US Airways Clubs.

Platinum Card and Centurion members! You now have access to all US Airways Clubs.

Old Jul 15, 10, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond

I knew I was holding out on a club membership for good reason

The link from Twitter does not appear to be working:

http://home3.americanexpress.com/cor.../usair-aca.asp
Old Jul 15, 10, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP (from US CP); SPG Plat; Cunard Plat
Try this link.
Old Jul 15, 10, 8:12 am

Programs: US, AA, WN, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver
Hmmm, now I have to decide if it's worth upgrading from Gold to Platinum. $450 is a lot for a credit card.
Old Jul 15, 10, 8:18 am

Programs: US GP CO PP Hilton D MarriottG
If you travel multiple airlines(AA, CO, DL) or go through a US hub now that they are part of the program it is well worth the cost, as you are getting 4 different airline clubs for a cheap price when you factor that into the cost of the card.
Old Jul 15, 10, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
This agreement is unique in that Card members can access US Airways Club locations regardless of which airline they are flying that day.

So in the other instances, you must be flying the airlines that day (AA, CO, DL), but not US. So this provides some additional value if you fly thru those airports, but necessarily the airline. Not bad.
Old Jul 15, 10, 9:00 am

Programs: US CP, DL SM, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat
Awesome new!!

I held out on renewing my US Air lounge membership last year and regretted it when I was at the airport. Last flight I considered just buying it but thank goodness!

+1 Amex & US ^
Old Jul 15, 10, 10:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis CC, Hertz Plat
Does this include all of the lounges in PHX? I know that Priority Pass only got access to the US Club on the B Concourse. It sure would be nice to use the ones on A. Guess I will try it out when I am at the airport tomorrow.

EDIT - Nevermind. I checked the link and it lists all three clubs in PHX. Should have read that first before posting.

Last edited by GNALUZU; Jul 15, 10 at 10:26 am
Old Jul 15, 10, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
While this is a nice option for many, the loss of access to UA clubs (and CO clubs when flying UA or US) make this less attractive to me, especially given the elite discounts on US club membership.

I think I have most of the other plat benefits through my normal (much lower fee) Amex products.
Old Jul 15, 10, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I had been holding out on a renewal so I could qualify for miles toward status if they had such a promo later in the year that would put me over the top in my requal for CP. But thanks to the HSJ promo I will hit CP that way and thanks to this new perk of the AMEX I will get my club membership as well. Sometimes life makes up for all of the times it dumps on you I guess.
Old Jul 16, 10, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
very interesting that this doesn't require a US Airways ticket. Not that US Airways has a large club presence outside of its hubs. Nice for me, however, since the only lounge at my home airport (BDL) is US. Probably nothing special though.
Old Jul 20, 10, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Used this in CLT last Friday. No probs; was asked who I was flying on...US.
Old Jul 20, 10, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pensguin68 View Post
very interesting that this doesn't require a US Airways ticket.
I obviously don't know what deal US and AMEX made but by not requiring a US same day ticket more people will be able to take advantage of the benefit and if AMEX pays on a usage fee US stands to make more money.
Old Jul 20, 10, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, American Airlines, Marriott Gold LT, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Point of Clarification:

Access is to US CLUBS.... not the PHL Envoy Departure Lounge which is not a US Airways Club.
Old Jul 21, 10, 7:15 pm

Programs: CP on US and many more...
can you use the Envoy Departure Lounge if you are Chairman and also have a club membership? Flying domestic on US?
Old Jul 21, 10, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pswider View Post
can you use the Envoy Departure Lounge if you are Chairman and also have a club membership? Flying domestic on US?
No. You have to be flying internationally and be in Envoy or be *Gold.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: