ANA Tool - Help!!!!

Old Jul 8, 10, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
ANA Tool - Help!!!!

I last used the ANA tool in 2008 or early 2009. Today, I went to the ANA's website and I was unable to find Star Alliance Reward button like I have done in the past. Has the ANA website change in regards to this tool? Please advise. Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 10, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
I take it that you have zero miles in your ANA account?

Read this then: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...rd-search.html
Old Jul 8, 10, 7:34 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
I agree about the OP's frustration. While the sole response is kind, who knows anything about "running scripts" or a "grease monkey."

Perhaps a more practical response would be welcome. Hey, can I buy an ANA magazine subscription!!
Old Jul 8, 10, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Just transfer 1,000 Amex miles to your ANA account.
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:05 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Give Air Canada's site a try. It's not as awesome asANA was but it does a fairly accurate job of scoping out *A award availability, or at least it did in late May when I last used it!
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:06 pm

Programs: US-Platinum; Marriott-Silver
Even easier solution: (1) choose the option to book an ANA award and put in a route that is on the ANA network; (2) scroll to the bottom of the results page and click the button for "star alliance award". This will take you to the screen you previously could access from the first page. This has worked for me several times without having any ANA miles.
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:08 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by RJWarrior View Post
Even easier solution: (1) choose the option to book an ANA award and put in a route that is on the ANA network; (2) scroll to the bottom of the results page and click the button for "star alliance award". This will take you to the screen you previously could access from the first page. This has worked for me several times without having any ANA miles.

+1 ^
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:13 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Just transfer 1,000 Amex miles to your ANA account.
OMG, my wife squeezes a nickel so hard that the Indian rides the buffalo. So, our AMEX is with Costco and no transfer option.

BTW and Wow, your sig for LH travel is great. Some of the best trip reports ever...yes, LH F is tops.
Old Jul 8, 10, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Thanks to everyone...after I made the post, I found this at the BMI forum\thread\etc:

1.go to ANA International Flight Awards
2.Enter an ANA operated route
3.Click Next
4.at the bottom click on Use Star Alliance Members Airline (2nd blue button from the bottom)
5.in the near future credit something small to ANA to avoid having to do 1-4
It is working. I will need to get some miles in my ANA account but for now the above workaround is working for me.
Old Jul 9, 10, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Using ANA Tool and Finding Air China Awards

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior View Post
Thanks to everyone...after I made the post, I found this at the BMI forum\thread\etc:

It is working. I will need to get some miles in my ANA account but for now the above workaround is working for me.
OK, I am reasonably intelligent and very computer savvy, but I am not making heads or tails of the instructions above. I really want to be self-sufficient with the ANA tool but I can't even get started. I do not see where to search for international award seats anywhere...sorry for the newbieness.

What I really want to do is to search for 2 F awards from NA to ULN on Air China which I think is my only *A option to ULN. If there is a better tool to use than ANA I would be happy to know this too. I have spent a lot of time already studying the ANA site and the Air China site but so far haven't found what I am seeking.

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 10, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Originally Posted by adkrick View Post
If there is a better tool to use than ANA I would be happy to know this too. I have spent a lot of time already studying the ANA site and the Air China site but so far haven't found what I am seeking.
Thanks!
You might try this...
http://www.kvstool.com/
Old Jul 9, 10, 11:55 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Or
1. Log in to ANA Mileage Club
2. Click on ANA International Flight Awards
3. Put (for example) BKK in the "From" APO code box.
4. Put (for example) NRT in the "To" APO code box (any two airports served by ANA will do).
5. Click on the Next box.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
7. Click on Use Star Alliance Member Airlines

Carry on as before.

Last edited by louie-m; Jul 9, 10 at 11:56 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 9, 10, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Thanks. I, of course, am a complete idiot. I thought that the "workaround" meant you not only did not need miles in your ANA account, I wrongly thought you didnt even need an account at all. Which is why none of the (very clear) instructions were not making sense.
Old Jul 11, 10, 2:15 pm

Geesh

I can't get the ANA tool to work at all. Have no miles.
Is KVS a good tool to use?
Old Jul 11, 10, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
You might try this...
http://www.kvstool.com/
Which will return the exact same data as the ANA site since that is the data source being used.

Originally Posted by hitherandyon View Post
I can't get the ANA tool to work at all. Have no miles.
Is KVS a good tool to use?
Did you read the instructions above for how to get around the fact that you have no miles? If you don't like all the extra clicks and if you use FireFox and GreaseMonkey you can try this as well: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...earch-problem/.

Originally Posted by adkrick View Post
What I really want to do is to search for 2 F awards from NA to ULN on Air China which I think is my only *A option to ULN. If there is a better tool to use than ANA I would be happy to know this too. I have spent a lot of time already studying the ANA site and the Air China site but so far haven't found what I am seeking.
Keep in mind that you'll need to do a few searches to get from N. America to ULN. Search for the segments over the ocean first, using NH, OZ, UA, CO, SQ, TG and anyone else that crosses the Pacific. Then add on the flights intra-Asia from there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: