Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wrdouglas
Hi Folks,

I have been playing around with bookings and think that I have finally gotten my 4 to keep my CP status through 2/28/2012. This weekend I am doing the following:

TPA-CLT-BTR on Sat. East-East-West-New Route (+2)
BTR-CLT-BOS on Sun. West-East (+1)
BOS-DCA-TPA on Sun. Shuttle (+1)

Thanks in advance for the confirmation.

Thanks,

William
TPA-CLT-BTR is 3 points (East Hop, West Hop, New Route Jump)
BTR-CLT-BOS is 0 points (already have the East and West Hops)
BOS-DCA-TPA on Sun. is 1 point (Shuttle Skip, already have the East Hop)

Thus you have your 4 points, just not the same way you were scoring it!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Sabre1
TPA-CLT-BTR is 3 points (East Hop, West Hop, New Route Jump)
BTR-CLT-BOS is 0 points (already have the East and West Hops)
BOS-DCA-TPA on Sun. is 1 point (Shuttle Skip, already have the East Hop)

Thus you have your 4 points, just not the same way you were scoring it!
Thanks! It is awesome . . I keep my CP status guaranteed for $550. I would probably have made Plat. regardless, have a trip to GIG and a few to EMEA coming up, but nice to have it in hand.

Thanks,

William
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
About to book LGA-DCA-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL for $258.

I just did PHL-MSY, (which should be east-east hop, correct?)

Shuttle Jump 1
New City 1
West Hop 1

That should get me to 4, correct? Hopefully someone can confirm before I purchase.

thanks
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdanton
About to book LGA-DCA-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL for $258.

I just did PHL-MSY, (which should be east-east hop, correct?)

Shuttle Jump 1
New City 1
West Hop 1

That should get me to 4, correct? Hopefully someone can confirm before I purchase.

thanks
LGA-DCA would be east and shuttle (+2)
DCA-CLT-BTR west and new route (+2)
BTR-CLT-PHL nothing

That's how I look at it at least.

Thanks,

William
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
LGA-DCA would be east and shuttle (+2)
DCA-CLT-BTR west and new route (+2)
BTR-CLT-PHL nothing

That's how I look at it at least.

Thanks,

William
Already has an east hop from a previous flight so LGA-DCA would only count for a shuttle skip...either way, yes this would get you to 4 segments and up 1 tier.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: None
TPA-CLT-BTR on Sat. East-East-West-New Route (+2)
BTR-CLT-BOS on Sun. West-East (+1)
BOS-DCA-TPA on Sun. Shuttle (+1)
I count 4 but differently than you. Saturday you should get 3 - East, West, new route. Sunday would be 1 more for the Shuttle. Once you do the East to West (CLT-BTR) on Saturday you don't get another just for flying to/from/between the same two regions on Sunday, nor will you get another for flying within one region (East) multiple times (TPA-CLT/CLT-BOS/DCA-TPA).

But all that really matters is that you get 4.

Jim
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat
OK...I just got my 4th h/s/j yesterday. My first was MSP-CLT-MLB.....
one east, one west and new route
Did a MSP-CLT-BTR-CLT-MSP yesterday for a new route..makes 4.

Ran into other h/s/jumpers on the CLT-BTR-CLT flights. It was fun. I took a Xanax....hopped on the CRJ and all was good.

Home today and my a** still hurts from the CRJ round trip. At least I had FC on my CLT-MSP flight home and had a few glasses of wine.

The flights didn't cost that much midweek. MSP-MLB-MSP was $79.00 each way. MSP-BTR-MSP was also $79.00 each way.

Not bad for Chairman's through 2012.

What's interesting is that after my MLB trip, I received an email from US Airways which said I had 3 h/s/j's and just needed one more to get Chairman's.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: AX CNT|DL P|CO P|US CP|AT E|HH D|SPG P|RC 5C|HY D|PC P|AVS PC|HZ 1G|PRPCLB BLK|USCLB LIFE
Reissued ticket still OK for HSJ

I had my E/W W/E hops (2) already, but needed 2 more HSJ's to hit CP from a nominated PLAT. I had a $700 credit from a NR flight that was booked in 3/10 and canceled and re-issued ($150) in August and again canceled due to the client not being ready. Again, I re-issued 9/10 for MLB-CLT-BTR-CLT-MLB ($150) in a day which burned up the remaining credit.

My concern was whether or not my 2 jumps were wasted since the original ticket was purchased prior to 7/1/10--the HSJ promotion start date.

Good news! Despite the initial ticket purchase date w/ same record locater prior to the start of HSJ promo, I still got my 2 jumps and made CP after US taking 2 days to post my flight activity!

So, looks like if you have an old NR ticket credit, you're good to go with this promo based not on the original ticketing/booking date, but on the re-issue date. Hope this helps someone in a similar situation!

So, all in all, got CP for $150 from a nominated PLT via AX CENT! Funny seeing other HSJ's on the flight...which, of course, we didn't find out until we all made a U-turn back on the CRJ! Was a hottie (Michelle) flight attendant on the way back which made it somewhat bearable. She's only been flying for a month--she still had a smile on her face. I degress...lol.

Last edited by MB4674; Sep 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm
Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:47 pm

I finally booked a ticket for this promo after putting off flying US for as long as possible. Ended up getting ORD-PHX-PVR-CLT-ORD for this weekend. The ORD-PHX/CLT-ORD flights are codeshares on UA metal so won't count for anything, but the PHX-PVR-CLT will get the west, Central America, new route, and east (in that order) in just two segments. Cost all of $316 (booked 3 days in advance). I was likely just barely going to be silver next year after giving up on US and moving to UA, but now I'll be CP. I guess that's good reason to fly US a bit next year.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: AX CNT|DL P|CO P|US CP|AT E|HH D|SPG P|RC 5C|HY D|PC P|AVS PC|HZ 1G|PRPCLB BLK|USCLB LIFE
Originally Posted by johnep1
I finally booked a ticket for this promo after putting off flying US for as long as possible. Ended up getting ORD-PHX-PVR-CLT-ORD for this weekend. The ORD-PHX/CLT-ORD flights are codeshares on UA metal so won't count for anything, but the PHX-PVR-CLT will get the west, Central America, new route, and east (in that order) in just two segments. Cost all of $316 (booked 3 days in advance). I was likely just barely going to be silver next year after giving up on US and moving to UA, but now I'll be CP. I guess that's good reason to fly US a bit next year.
Awesome! See you up front, brother!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: US Chairman
<------ Just changed my status thanks to my quick "jump" to MLB on Tuesday.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: CP USAirways, Plat Marriott
Can I not get on my last leg? PHL-CLT-BTR - CLT - PHL

so i want to start in philly and end in charlotte same day going through btr.

If I book PHL-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL, can I just not get on the final leg from CLT-PHL without losing the new rout, and the east/west points?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RIC Hokie
<------ Just changed my status thanks to my quick "jump" to MLB on Tuesday.
If we could just get some planes with a first-class cabin into RIC, I'd keep an eye out for you. Congrats!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by joyRidaz
so i want to start in philly and end in charlotte same day going through btr.

If I book PHL-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL, can I just not get on the final leg from CLT-PHL without losing the new rout, and the east/west points?
I'm not sure, but why not just book PHL-CLT-BTR-CLT to be safe?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: US Chairman
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
If we could just get some planes with a first-class cabin into RIC, I'd keep an eye out for you. Congrats!
Thanks! I know they really reduced mainline to RIC over the last few years. It's only express to PHL now and I only think there are 2 or 3 mainline left to CLT. I remember they seemed to be running the E190's a lot out of RIC for a while, too bad they got rid of most of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.