Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Completed my fourth credit with a MLB-CLT-BOS return on Labor Day; received a "Welcome to CP" email last night. So it either takes a week, or they process on Mondays.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: US Chairman
I just boarded my MLB flight. I was the only person that boarded for zone 1, so I guess no one else is hsj on this flight.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Right, so I managed to get my LGA-CLT-BTR-CLT-DCA-LGA run down to $258, so I think I'm at the point where I want to pull out the charge card to lock in Silver for a year and then have the option of going Gold for $200 dollars down the road.

What's the best way to book this? I could do it as two one ways, but I fear if the CLT-BTR-CLT is oversold, I'll get bumped (though VDB might not be bad). I could call US, but I suspect their agents would think I'm mental for doing this run.

Also: what hotels are available off BTR that are easy to get to, if I can get a relatively cheap hit for Grand Slam, might as well make it an overnight trip ...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
So, if I'm reading this correctly, since I flew DCA-CLT-HSV and back, DCA-CLT-SAN and back, DCA-CLT-STT and back, all I have to do to bump from Gold to Platinum is DCA-LGA?

(And I'll tell you what really sucks - I found out about this promotion the day AFTER I booked EWR-TLV on Continental when I could have flown PHL-TLV.)

Does the bump up occur instantly?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by dml105
Does the bump up occur instantly?
No. Give it a day or two.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tommyleo
No. Give it a day or two.
That's still pretty quick. If there were any good reason to be Platinum before I go to TLV, I might make that DCA-LGA flight sooner rather than later. What do you think? I'm going to TLV from 9/30-10/8. I can either go DCA-LGA 9/26 or 10/9. Would I even be bumped up by 9/30 if I went 9/26?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:01 pm

Programs: US Airways - Platinum
I will be traveling BOS-(CLT)-BTR on Monday September 20, coming back BTR-(CLT)-(LGA)-BOS next day. I have a USAirways Club membership if anyone is interested, pvt me.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: None
Would I even be bumped up by 9/30 if I went 9/26?
Possible, although I don't think it would make any difference for the TLV trip other than mileage bonus. For a trip like TLV, however, the extra mileage bonus isn't something to ignore, so if it doesn't matter I'd recommend doing the Shuttle flight on the 26th - worst case you don't get any extra bonus miles for TLV but might get them on the return, best case you get them both ways.

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Sep 14, 2010 at 9:15 pm
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:24 pm

Do you actually have the take the flight in order to get a HSJ "credit"?

If I were to book a flight, say BOS>PBG one way, and I checked in for the flight online but didn't show up to the airport, would I qualify for the credit? It's my last HSJ credit, and I don't particularly want to spend an evening in Plattsburg (it'll be over the weekend)...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: None
The T&C's say "book and travel..." so it seems like you actually have to fly. That's probably to keep people from using one way tickets which equals less revenue for US.

Jim
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dtremit
Completed my fourth credit with a MLB-CLT-BOS return on Labor Day; received a "Welcome to CP" email last night. So it either takes a week, or they process on Mondays.
Congratulatons!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Would I even be bumped up by 9/30 if I went 9/26?
VERY likely. ^
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Mrs PHL and I did the PHL-CLT-MLB-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL extravaganza yesterday (9/14). The weather was great along all the routes and it went off without a hitch. Even my wife, who is not as "enthusiastic" about these sorts of things as I am, though it was fun.

Now we just sit back and wait for the status indicator to magically jump up one level.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:28 am

Finally Booked . . would like confirmation this will keep my CP Stat.

Hi Folks,

I have been playing around with bookings and think that I have finally gotten my 4 to keep my CP status through 2/28/2012. This weekend I am doing the following:

TPA-CLT-BTR on Sat. East-East-West-New Route (+2)
BTR-CLT-BOS on Sun. West-East (+1)
BOS-DCA-TPA on Sun. Shuttle (+1)

Thanks in advance for the confirmation.

Thanks,

William
Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:47 am

So, I have a HSJ run planned for next week, on my way back to school in Seattle. On Wednesday I'm doing DTW-DCA-BOS-PBG-BOS, and then on Saturday I'm doing BOS-PHL-SEA. Unfortunately, since I'm moving back to Seattle for the school year, I have to take a couple pieces of luggage with me, that I can't carry on. Yes, I do know that's probably asking for problems, and no, I don't plan on packing any valuables in the checked luggage.

I'm just wondering what you guys think might happen with the luggage.
What do you think the chances are that the check in agent will be nice enough to just tag the bags DTW-DCA-BOS, skipping the PBG part? I think that would be ideal.
If they must go through PBG, how likely do you think it is that they'll make it back to BOS? This is all on one PNR, if that makes a difference, though the US website does view the flights to PBG as outbound, and the flight back to BOS as a return flight.
If the bags get left at PBG, do you think US would get them back to BOS in time for me to pick them up on Saturday, on my way to SEA?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.