Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

 
Old Jul 8, 10, 5:03 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 1,627
Originally Posted by mister880 View Post
Where in the FAQ does it say anything about current CP?
There is a footnote at the bottom of the FAQ:

Current CP Members: You are screwed, you must requalify via other methods only.
starflyer is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 5:20 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Posts: 2,563
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
If you booked it before today, I'm guessing 0. If you booked it today, or haven't booked it yet, I agree on 4.
Originally Posted by itsme110 View Post
I just phoned the Plat line, and they have no idea. it´s nightime and they said it is confusing and the experts will be in tomorrow morning........so i´ll call back. Next week I am flying PVR-PHX-CLT-YYZ-CLT-PVR.
C´mon experts.........what´s everyone´s guess as to how many points I get for that. I would guess 4. What does everyone else think??
PVR-PHX-CLT-YYZ-CLT-PVR. Yes if you booked it before 7/7 then 0. Otherwise, I believe it would be 4...Central America, N/A East, N/A West, CLT-PVR Jump. If you can make the trip PVR-PHX-CLT-YYZ-YOW-CLT-PVR, it would be 5.
johndeere19 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 6:50 am
  #48  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 736
Originally Posted by jbelinc View Post
If I am reading this right a CLT-BTR-CLT flight will count 3 times, North America east hop, N.A. west hop & Charlotte to Baton Rouge jump. A CLT-MLB will count as the Charlotte to Melbourne jump and also get you Space Coast 1000 bonus miles promo.
Actually according to the map BTR is EAST USA
charlotteimmigration is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 6:52 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BOS
Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Posts: 3,410
Originally Posted by mister880 View Post
Where in the FAQ does it say anything about current CP?
Well, it explains how each number of credits affects each status level, and those examples don't include CP.

However, what they aren't clear on is the definition of "current status." I'm a CP with just shy of 50k EQM this year -- does that make me a "current CP," or a "current Silver"? I would guess the latter, since we're talking about the 2011 program year.

My other question -- and this really isn't clear to me -- is what happens after the promo. Let's say I fly 15k miles during the promo and complete 4 credits; at the time I hit 4 credits, my YTD EQM will be about 62k. By my math, that should give me a bump from Gold (status from getting 62k EQM) to Plat. But there's three months left in the year. If I want to hit CP, do I need to earn 25k more EQMs, or 38k?

US really needs to get someone to either write simpler rules (e.g., "we'll round up your EQMs to the nearest 25k" -- would that be so hard?) or just stick to simpler promos...
dtremit is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 6:56 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BOS
Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Posts: 3,410
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration View Post
Actually according to the map BTR is EAST USA
But according to the FAQ, it is West:

North America, east includes: Gulfport, MS; Jackson, MS; Memphis, TN; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; plus the Canadian cities of Halifax, Nova Scotia; Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; and Toronto, Ontario.

North America, west includes: New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Little Rock, AR; St. Louis, MO; Des Moines, IA; plus the Canadian cities of Edmonton, Alberta; Calgary, Alberta; and Vancouver, British Columbia; and Anchorage, AK.
I think MSP ought to be West, but the list could be clearer about that.
dtremit is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 6:57 am
  #51  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 736
Originally Posted by dtremit View Post
But according to the FAQ, it is West:



I think MSP ought to be West, but the list could be clearer about that.
so which trumps? the map or the FAQ

I wouldnt be surprized to be screwed over after spending 400 + bucks on a MR
charlotteimmigration is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 7:30 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 683
Terrible promotion for us flyers who go to and from the same destination every week...just after being burned by the Jump Start and Trial Preferred BS...
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 7:36 am
  #53  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Posts: 15,415
Again folks, read the FAQ's, so many of these questions are clearly answered there.

Originally Posted by DCAorBust View Post
So your definition of "Pre-offer Preferred status" (which is the term used by the promo--not "current" status) is the status earned as of last year
First, it's not 'my definition', but rather what I think is pretty clearly what US intends, it is whatever status you had at 12:01 AM on July 7th, 2010, regardless of where you are this year, how you got that status, or anything else. The clarification on trial elite makes it pretty clear to me that this is what they mean, since they count trial Silver as Silver for those who have it.
Originally Posted by jbelinc View Post
If I am reading this right a CLT-BTR-CLT flight will count 3 times, North America east hop, N.A. west hop & Charlotte to Baton Rouge jump. A CLT-MLB will count as the Charlotte to Melbourne jump and also get you Space Coast 1000 bonus miles promo.
Seems pretty clear to me that is correct.
Originally Posted by bthobe View Post
What is really confusing me is the "pre-offer" status. What does that mean? Currently I am US Gold but have only flown 5k miles this year. If I fly 8 hop,skip and jumps, does that mean I am Chairman through Feb 2012?
You're Gold.
Originally Posted by mister880 View Post
Where in the FAQ does it say anything about current CP?
Nowhere, which is why it seems clear to me they get nothing since it specifically explains how this promotion works in moving all other members up to higher elite levels.
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration View Post
so which trumps? the map or the FAQ
Seriously?
Beckles is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:18 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 493
Someone correct me if they think my rational is wrong on this...

PHL-CLT (counts east hop)
CLT-PVR (counts new route)
PVR-PHX (counts mexico hop)
PHX-LAS (counts west hop)
LAS-PHL (extra)

$456...any days this month. Thats 4-5 if im not wrong.
stefg1007 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:21 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pvr
Programs: US C.P.
Posts: 546
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration View Post
so which trumps? the map or the FAQ

I wouldnt be surprized to be screwed over after spending 400 + bucks on a MR
According to U.S. Plat desk, anything booked before June 7 does not qualify.........but they´ve been wrong before
itsme110 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:23 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PHL
Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Posts: 880
Originally Posted by stefg1007 View Post
Someone correct me if they think my rational is wrong on this...

PHL-CLT (counts east hop)
CLT-PVR (counts new route)
PVR-PHX (counts mexico hop)
PHX-LAS (counts west hop)
LAS-PHL (extra)

$456...any days this month. Thats 4-5 if im not wrong.

How are you getting that right? I can't have it price out for anything NEAR that amount!

EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot. Just found it. Haha. Actually though, I think I found a better cpm routing:

PHL-CLT
CLT-PVR
PVR-PHX
PHX-DEN
DEN-PHL

And still you get the East, West, New Route and Mexico!

Last edited by ariyo15; Jul 8, 10 at 8:29 am
ariyo15 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:34 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PHL
Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Posts: 880
Combining HSJ with Trial Silver

I did the "free" silver trial, but (because it can take "up to 7 days" to become silver after making that first ticket purchase) my status has NOT shown up as SP yet. I made the ticket purchase on the 6th though.

I will be flying the necessary 7,500 miles with a RT to TLV (ex-PHL) to keep the status through next year, BUT am I able to turn that into GOLD if I hit four of the HSJs?

This one is a bit of a stretch, but I'll ask this too: If I fly 15k and earn GP through the trial silver AND fly 4 HSJs, would I then go up to PLT?

Crossing my fingers hoping for a good answer
ariyo15 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:39 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 4,811
Originally Posted by stefg1007 View Post
Someone correct me if they think my rational is wrong on this...

PHL-CLT (counts east hop)
CLT-PVR (counts new route)
PVR-PHX (counts mexico hop)
PHX-LAS (counts west hop)
LAS-PHL (extra)

$456...any days this month. Thats 4-5 if im not wrong.
I think you can drop PHX-LAS and just go PHX-PHL. That should still count for the west hop.
johnep1 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:40 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 4,811
Originally Posted by ariyo15 View Post
I did the "free" silver trial, but (because it can take "up to 7 days" to become silver after making that first ticket purchase) my status has NOT shown up as SP yet. I made the ticket purchase on the 6th though.

I will be flying the necessary 7,500 miles with a RT to TLV (ex-PHL) to keep the status through next year, BUT am I able to turn that into GOLD if I hit four of the HSJs?

This one is a bit of a stretch, but I'll ask this too: If I fly 15k and earn GP through the trial silver AND fly 4 HSJs, would I then go up to PLT?

Crossing my fingers hoping for a good answer
Nope.
johnep1 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 8:48 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pvr
Programs: US C.P.
Posts: 546
Originally Posted by ariyo15 View Post
How are you getting that right? I can't have it price out for anything NEAR that amount!

EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot. Just found it. Haha. Actually though, I think I found a better cpm routing:

PHL-CLT
CLT-PVR
PVR-PHX
PHX-DEN
DEN-PHL

And still you get the East, West, New Route and Mexico!
sometimes it also works to go phx-ord-phl
itsme110 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: