Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by GaryZ
I wonder if you could do an airside transit?

I've been trying to figure that out. It's a relatively small airport and doesn't look like passengers are funneled directly to immigration. Just need someone who has been there to confirm but I think it may be possible to do airside in which case I'll book immediately.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Me, I would just call them and find out (http://www.mbjairport.com/English/Custom.aspx), however, if past experience is any guide, I found nearly all of the officials to be needing a serious dose of customer-service training, so YMMV.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Originally Posted by tovaz
How about LAS-PHX-CLT-MBJ-PHX-LAS in 22 hours for $451 all in? I found it on Aug 14-15 (Sat/Sun), probably other weekends as well. No sense driving when it's cheaper from LAS :P

Of course, this also has the transiting issue that is under discussion.
I can not seem to find any dates available for the above routing other then Aug 14-15. Unfortunately, I am out of the country from Aug 6-21. But if I can swing the above routing or even a LAS-PHX-PVR-CLT-LAS for less then $500, t hat would be perfect!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: USAir Silver
Best bet from SYR?

Originally Posted by Sabre1
Can someone help me figure out a way to get 4 points with BUF as my starting point for ~$400 and preferably in 1 or 2 days?
I'm in the same boat. Being in SYR leaves alot to be desired in terms of finding cheap airfare for this deal. I also have an upcoming trip to phx this week or next week which if i could include it in a 4 pointer (ending in phx) that would rock! Any help getting the biggest bang for my buck would be appreciated.

Last edited by CuseGuy44; Jul 9, 2010 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by GaryZ
Me, I would just call them and find out (http://www.mbjairport.com/English/Custom.aspx), however, if past experience is any guide, I found nearly all of the officials to be needing a serious dose of customer-service training, so YMMV.
Yea, tried that. Got transferred a bunch with no resolution, and told to call airline which of course isn't necessarily going to know better than the airport staff.

So I went to Air Jamaica's website. You can book a flight FLL-JFK with a 1 hour connection in MBJ. Looking positive, still need confirmation. So I called Air Jamaica (800-523-5585) to ask the same question about airside connections but every time I pick an option to speak to someone I get disconnected.

Anyone else want to give this a shot?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Interesting promo...

As a platinum with 0 EQM this year (and last - Platinum status via AmEx) I just need a 4 point routing out of DCA to be Chairmans for 16 months now? Potentially 3-4 flights....

Anyone figured out the cheapest routing from DCA?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:09 am

Another heads up from the FAQ, MSP is considered 'West' region. So MSP-PHL is 2 "hits"/"credits". Move over Grand Slam 2011, I'll take my "hits" with this.

I have confirmed with another supervisor and she read rules to me word for word. A 2010 CP that earns 4 or more "hits" will be CP to March 2012. As soon as I heard that I ticketed to PVR for under $300 r/t w/ a $50 E-TUV. ORD-PHX-PVR-CLT-ORD for 2 nights does indeed earn 4 "hits"- I checked that out as well.

Another suggestion to some folks living near MLB/BTR or PBG. You can get four hits for PBG-BOS-DCA-CLT-MLB/BTR. Yes, it is one fare. 1st hit for PBG-BOS new route, then 2nd hit for Shuttle, 3rd hit for East and CLT-MLB/BTR is a 4th hit for new route.

One of the most creative promotions out there!

-Kinglobjaw
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Interesting promo...

As a platinum with 0 EQM this year (and last - Platinum status via AmEx) I just need a 4 point routing out of DCA to be Chairmans for 16 months now? Potentially 3-4 flights....

Anyone figured out the cheapest routing from DCA?
Play around with dates for DCA-CLT-PVR-PHX-DCA will work. You'll have to spend at least a night in PVR.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: UA-Platinum; HHonors-Diamond; Hertz Five Star; Priority Club-Gold
Originally Posted by matthew gulino
Well, I'll be spending a grand total of 28 minutes in BTR in mid-august getting my 4 hops/skips/jumps in order to qualify for Gold Status this/next year!

I just booked it online for $306.50 all-in...good promo for us lower tier guys...not so good for Chairmen/plat.

BOS-CLT-BTR-CLT-DCA-BOS Same Day...about 12 hours total travel time.

Regards,
Matt Gulino
good stuff - thanks Matt
I'm based out of Boston, too, and a Gold Preferred

This would bump me to Plat Preferred right away!

sweet, since I'm in Scottsdale now and didn't get upgraded on either leg of BOS-PHX

have you figured out how to get to CP yet?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by tovaz
I'm trying to break the $500 all in barrier on my PHX-CLT-MBJ-PHX "4 in less than a day" extravanganza. I know the fare is out there...
Based on some previous poster, I found a BOS-CLT-BTR-CLT-BOS for $298...departure time is a little tough @ 6:50am and the return time is 12:15am the following day

but, I'll get Plat Preferred out of it....woo hoo!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by daterps
Based on some previous poster, I found a BOS-CLT-BTR-CLT-BOS for $298...departure time is a little tough @ 6:50am and the return time is 12:15am the following day

but, I'll get Plat Preferred out of it....woo hoo!
That's only 3. 2 hops and 1 jump.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Alaska, American
question about CP benefits

New question! (Though maybe I should start a new thread for this one. Oh well, it is related.)

I'm Platinum now, so the bump will put me to CP. Hooray! Does anybody know at what point the electronic upgrades to Envoy become available to a new CP? Would you get them immediately, or would that benefit not be available until the new calendar year? I asked the Platinum Preferred desk, they said the upgrades would be available immediately, but I'm not sure I trust the PP desk to give me a correct answer about CP! :-)

The answer to this question will impact whether or not I try really hard to get 4 points before a planned, but not yet booked, trip to Europe. It would be really nice if I could use those e-upgrades on a trip to Europe this year!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by matthew gulino
Well, I'll be spending a grand total of 28 minutes in BTR in mid-august getting my 4 hops/skips/jumps in order to qualify for Gold Status this/next year!

I just booked it online for $306.50 all-in...good promo for us lower tier guys...not so good for Chairmen/plat.

BOS-CLT-BTR-CLT-DCA-BOS Same Day...about 12 hours total travel time.

Regards,
Matt Gulino
what day are you traveling?
finding it hard to match your rate
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold
I can't seem to understand the point of this program. Maybe it is to get people to fly the shuttle or their failing new routes, but who, other than crazy mileage run flyer talkers would understand how to do this?

It is yet another dilution of USair preferred status, and why today, completely aware of this promotion, I booked on united. Soon you'll just be able to buy your status, and then being a "frequent" flyer will mean nothing.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Bagette
...Does anybody know at what point the electronic upgrades to Envoy become available to a new CP? Would you get them immediately, or would that benefit not be available until the new calendar year? I asked the Platinum Preferred desk, they said the upgrades would be available immediately,...
The Plat Desk rep is correct; your CP upgrade certs are in your account (you can't see them online, but the CP Desk can) when your new CP status shows up online.

These immediate certs are a courtesy to a new CP in the middle of the program year. Use 'em or lose 'em, 'cause they expire Feb 2011 (but you can use them for flights after February). On March 1, 2011, a new set of certs is deposited electonically to your account for use during the 2011 program year ending Feb 2012.

At any one time, a CP can have only a set of these certs; they do not rollover into the following year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.