Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
I already know the answer to this, but maybe someone wants to bring great news....

Anyway to extend this by a week? Hahaha
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Anyone get a new card after their bump?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:31 am

I had the same question. Haven't seen anyone post a response. I have coach seats to Europe next month and would love to use the upgrades!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ellinj
I've got it few weeks after I got my CP status from H/J/S promo. I don't know exactly when it arrived because I was in Europe that time.
It didn't take more than 4-5 weeks after getting the status.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mjfink
Just finished the HSJ and was upgraded to CP. How can I see/use the annual upgrade certs for Europe/HI? Do I actually get them by mail, or are they electronic? Is there anyway to see "if you have them" or not?
No e-mail, no online visibility. You have to call.
We were able to use upgrade certificates three days after CP was posted.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Yep, the whole CP package arrived about 3-4 weeks afterward.. and I enjoyed adding my lapchild this morning on the CP line, which I used to gate 50% of the time when I called PLT anyhow... I could tell by the accent.... good ole Winston Salem!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
I qualified for PLAT and CP about 10 days apart (my PLAT run overshot, and I was one flight from CP). I got my PLAT card about a week ago. Wonder when the CP package arrives.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:29 am

I got an email within 5 days of 4th HSJ saying welcome to CP. (I was already CP so I thought this was good news.)

Got my new card 3-4 weeks later.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by ariyo15
Uggg...2,344 mi. short of Platinum! Why am I such an idiot? Haha. I could have easily fit that into my BTR run yesterday!
Yikes.

I also was not aware that I could get past Silver during the trial...until I got the e-mail indicating I've flown enough miles to lock up Silver for 2011 AND, "Hey, keep going while you're at it. For 7,xxx more miles, we'll give you Gold!"

Would've also done HSJ but for my situation, it was cheaper/easier/more efficient to just go for Gold through the trial.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
I got an email welcoming me to CP for 2011. No card yet, usually takes several weeks.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
Yikes.

I also was not aware that I could get past Silver during the trial...until I got the e-mail indicating I've flown enough miles to lock up Silver for 2011 AND, "Hey, keep going while you're at it. For 7,xxx more miles, we'll give you Gold!"

Would've also done HSJ but for my situation, it was cheaper/easier/more efficient to just go for Gold through the trial.
That's BS! I got a "progress" email telling me I needed an extra 3,000 miles to hit silver, but once I did...? NOTHING! How was I supposed to know?!

I guess it's no biggie b/c I'm still hitting *G with the h/s/j, but think about how nice it would've been to hit PP with it instead of GP? And it would have only cost me an extra $80-100
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS
I got my 4th point before the 30 segments was completed but that shouldn't matter. It's possible that HSJ updated first but someone in this thread mentioned they were on the trial and HSJ bumped them up. Out of all the people I talked, no one has said anything that would make me think the status bump won't happen, so I'll be patient for a few more days.
Finally I got an email back from DMSC. This is good news for some and definitely a good news to me, depending on whether I would really wanna push it:

--Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

You've earned a new level of Preferred status with the 'Hop, Skip &
Jump' promotion. However, you also qualified for Gold status through
your trial Preferred program with the same flights. Therefore, as you
have dual enrollment in promotions, your 'Hop, Skip & Jump' level will
not take effect until the Trail program ends on 10/22/2010. Your status
will be moved up one level from your status that day.

We value your business and want to thank you for your continued support
of US Airways.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxx
US Airways Dividend Miles---

This means that I could even push it to CP if I want to. However, I am not entirely sure if I really wanna go for extra five segments to get to PP before HSJ bumps me up to CP.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by TeleP
No e-mail, no online visibility. You have to call.
We were able to use upgrade certificates three days after CP was posted.
What number do I call? Just made CP yesterday and want to upgrade my coach tickets to Europe for next month.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by ariyo15
That's BS! I got a "progress" email telling me I needed an extra 3,000 miles to hit silver, but once I did...? NOTHING! How was I supposed to know?!

I guess it's no biggie b/c I'm still hitting *G with the h/s/j, but think about how nice it would've been to hit PP with it instead of GP? And it would have only cost me an extra $80-100
Don't bet on it. If they say you need 3000 miles to hit silver, then you do need 3000. If you don't, then you will first go back to dirt status after the trial period is done, then the HSJ will bump you back up to SP. This is what that I interpreted from the email I got.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by InFrontOfTheCurtain
What number do I call? Just made CP yesterday and want to upgrade my coach tickets to Europe for next month.
Mrs. TeleP just called Gold number and asked for CP desk number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.