Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I don't think there's a way to maintain your current status through 2012 with the HSJ promo (unless <4 hop/skip/jump flights give you enough miles to maintain it and that's all you do - i.e. you maintain your status the old fashioned way). Each 4 HSJ points ups your current status by one level.
Sorry - I wasn't precise. The maintain status is only if you are currently a CP (as there is no level to jump to).

From the FAQs:
4 to 7 hops, skips, and jumps will move your pre-offer Preferred status up one level.
Chairman's --> Chairman’s Preferred
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Devyan1
Anyone Flying CLT-MLB this Saturday, September 25?
I'm heading down on October 2 - and that will be my final HSJ! Can't wait!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:24 am

This has got to be the most confusing promo ever.

I'm current a PP, and have 50K EQMs for this plan year. Can I just do the HSJ promo and get CP through 2012? I've already flown several of the needed legs, I think I'd probably just need to fly on one of the new shuttle routes and I'd be set. If that's the case, I'm certainly going to do it, that's a crazy promo (and will, as others pointed out, make for a TON of silvers/golds out there!).

It seems pretty clear that if I do a 4 legs of HSJ right now that I'd be move to CP. However; the bigger question is, when does that status expire?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by BizJet
Sorry - I wasn't precise. The maintain status is only if you are currently a CP (as there is no level to jump to).
Darn, I knew that but didn't think of it when I say your question.

Jim
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mjfink
It seems pretty clear that if I do a 4 legs of HSJ right now that I'd be move to CP. However; the bigger question is, when does that status expire?
It's good though the 2011 benefit year, meaning it ends February of 2012.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
This has got to be the most confusing promo ever.

I'm current a PP, and have 50K EQMs for this plan year. Can I just do the HSJ promo and get CP through 2012? I've already flown several of the needed legs, I think I'd probably just need to fly on one of the new shuttle routes and I'd be set. If that's the case, I'm certainly going to do it, that's a crazy promo (and will, as others pointed out, make for a TON of silvers/golds out there!).

Yes, you could have had 0 EQMs this year, but be bumped from PP (assuming that's your current status) to CP until Feb 2012. From what I've heard, you also get a set of upgrade certs for this and next year!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Avis President's Club
Another data point on this promotion (probably discussed before, but I can't read all 1500 posts). Both of the others on my HSJ run yesterday had no idea this promotion was even running until they got that email a couple weeks ago telling them how close they were to a status bump. I wonder how many others were prompted to action by that email?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mudfish
Another data point on this promotion (probably discussed before, but I can't read all 1500 posts). Both of the others on my HSJ run yesterday had no idea this promotion was even running until they got that email a couple weeks ago telling them how close they were to a status bump. I wonder how many others were prompted to action by that email?
I know I was. I had no idea this was running, and it's not easy to find on the web site. So if it wasn't for the email, I would never have done it. I imagine it will make for a lot more GPs, as people who aren't SP probably wouldn't run to do this.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:27 am

How long are the upgrade certs good for? Would I have to travel this year (before Jan 1st) to use the ones that I'd get immediately, or will they all roll into next year (so I could take 2 RT flights to HI, for example)?

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Yes, you could have had 0 EQMs this year, but be bumped from PP (assuming that's your current status) to CP until Feb 2012. From what I've heard, you also get a set of upgrade certs for this and next year!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
How long are the upgrade certs good for? Would I have to travel this year (before Jan 1st) to use the ones that I'd get immediately, or will they all roll into next year (so I could take 2 RT flights to HI, for example)?
I believe you would need to book the upgrade using this year's certs by Feb 28, 2011, but the actual flights don't need to occur by Feb 28. Someone with actual CP experience correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Took my first mileage run today. Needed 3 points to go from Gold to Platinum (already had a West hop)

Went DCA-LGA-PHL-BDA-PHL-DCA for $422 AI

Took 12.5 hours and had to book 2 separate tickets, as USAirways.com would not let me book the same day R/T to Bermuda.

The turnaround was easy, although the customs agents couldnt believe that I was only staying on the island for an hour.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: None
** Off topic alert**

How did BDA look after the hurricane?

Jim
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
** Off topic alert**

How did BDA look after the hurricane?

Jim
Looked fine flying in. On the ground, I was only outside for 100yds between the arrivals terminal and the departure terminal; but it didnt look like there was any damage at all.

The "Executive Lounge" at BDA is like a Jiffy Lube waiting room with $7 Coronas
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Mudfish
My question is, why wasn't I sent an email telling me how close I was, since by my calculation, all I need is a shuttle run to complete an upgrade.

I also haven't received my welcome to Gold email, though I've been Gold for about 2 weeks. Strange?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
I just finished doing 10 flights in 48 hours for 3 points...so tired

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.