Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: AX CNT|DL P|CO P|US CP|AT E|HH D|SPG P|RC 5C|HY D|PC P|AVS PC|HZ 1G|PRPCLB BLK|USCLB LIFE
The LSU factor is certainly a valid one. There were indeed a myriad of purple shirted folks with LSU logos on them seen on my CLT-BTR leg.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: None
I was originally trying prices on Sat - high. So I thought I'd try Sun. I already had the BTR-CLT-MLB in the search so just changed the date and the BTR-CLT flights were sold out.

Jim
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Seat Assignments on the CLT>BTR>CLT flop-a-roo

Yeah, usairways.com doesnt like these quick turnarounds.

I booked through Expedia a SYR>CLT>BTR>CLT>SYR to get my final 2 hops/jumps. I let it book me whatever seat assignments were available.

Went to check-in tonight for tomorrow morning. Changed my seats to 3A on the SYR>CLT and CLT>SYR legs, and 5F on the CLT>BTR>CLT legs. Confirmed online thats what it said.

Go to print my boarding passes... It gives me 2F, 10A, 5F, 3A.

Weird right?

Then I go back into the reservation, and it shows: 5F, 3A, 5F, 3A...

Wow, i wonder where i should sit?? I guess i'll go by my boarding pass, right?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Would someone kindly verify that I will be moving up a status level and extending expiration though early 2012 by flying just two US segments? I saw that BTR>CLT>MLB was available for under $150 and takes just 4.5 hours to complete, so I grabbed it. I had a trip planned in that sector of the country already, so I just tweaked it (free) to put me at the start/finish. Seems almost too easy that I'm going to qualify for all four points, 2 hops (east+west) + 2 jumps (two new markets), in just two cheap quick segments, which is why I want to check that I didn't miscalculate. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Can I H/S/J from a higher place then I started at the promo begining?

I read on another thread that the H/S/J promo will only bump you up from the status you had at the beginning of the promo, not from where you are as you hit each stage.

Example, I started the H/S/J as a silver, but next week I will make gold the standard way. However, I have flown 2 H/S/J flights and on the last day of the promo I have booked 2 more. I figured I would reach platinum that way, but if what the other thread says is correct I will not. Which would be BS, because I only flew some of these flights for the promo, just as US intended when they started this promo.

Any idea if this is true. I imagine this would have been an issue for more then a few.

Thanks,

TT
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by mooper
Would someone kindly verify that I will be moving up a status level and extending expiration though early 2012 by flying just two US segments? I saw that BTR>CLT>MLB was available for under $150 and takes just 4.5 hours to complete, so I grabbed it. I had a trip planned in that sector of the country already, so I just tweaked it (free) to put me at the start/finish. Seems almost too easy that I'm going to qualify for all four points, 2 hops (east+west) + 2 jumps (two new markets), in just two cheap quick segments, which is why I want to check that I didn't miscalculate. Thanks in advance.
You have a 4 pointer.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
Just booked my mini-mileage run on 10/5:

BOS-CLT-BTR at 12:55 arr BTR 5:52
BTR-CLT-BOS at 6:20 arr BOS at 12:21

$258.90 AI

I hope that it's the same plane going in and out of BTR or I'm screwed. I assume it is-anyone else do CLT-BTR recently?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Originally Posted by Techtravler
I read on another thread that the H/S/J promo will only bump you up from the status you had at the beginning of the promo, not from where you are as you hit each stage.

Example, I started the H/S/J as a silver, but next week I will make gold the standard way. However, I have flown 2 H/S/J flights and on the last day of the promo I have booked 2 more. I figured I would reach platinum that way, but if what the other thread says is correct I will not. Which would be BS, because I only flew some of these flights for the promo, just as US intended when they started this promo.

Any idea if this is true. I imagine this would have been an issue for more then a few.

Thanks,

TT
The promo page says that it will bump your "pre-offer" status. According the these terms you will have gold via both H/S/J and traditional. If true, this (wacky) promotion is certainly better for those that had status from 2009 miles rather for those that attained status using miles accrued in 2010.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Threatened for the first time...

In my run to CP. Headed for an extra stop in PVR on the way home from SFO, I booked UA to phx connecting to US (there was a US filght 45 mins earlier that I didnt think I could make.)

Well, UA is delayed over an hour and I'm going to have under an hour to connect from T2 to far T4 to get my US flight down. If I miss that, theres no way to get to PVR today, and maybe not in time to get my outbound to CLT tomorrow!

Anyone connect in PHX enough to guess if 50 mins is enough to change terminals and reclear security comfortably? Uncomfortably?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dracs
You have a 4 pointer.
Thanks for the verification; I'll send you the bill if you're wrong Still can't believe I'm getting 17 months of Platinum for $148, whereas I would have dropped my US Gold status to zilch in five months otherwise.

At one point (when I used to fly US quite often) I had six US-branded credit cards, each of which I ran up to $25K to get the 10K EQMs. It took $150K of CC spending (business-driven, wasn't a problem) allocation to net 60K EQMs and Gold, then I flew the rest to get to Chairman's. I had let that lapse when my flying patterns changed and it made more sense to put the spending on other cards. Now I'm getting a bump to the 75K EQM tier for just few hours of RJ time. Well worth it, as I still fly US, just not as much, and Platinum status helps make award redemptions nicer, too.

Originally Posted by jfinsocal
The promo page says that it will bump your "pre-offer" status. According the these terms you will have gold via both H/S/J and traditional. If true, this (wacky) promotion is certainly better for those that had status from 2009 miles rather for those that attained status using miles accrued in 2010.
Such is the case for me. I had dwindled down to Gold in 2009 and was letting the clock run out this year, having only 15K 2010 EQMs or so to my name. This puts me back in the mix for 17 more months with almost no effort. Might be a good deal for US, too, as I'll definitely add at least a dozen flights through that upcoming period that I would have likely flown on other airlines instead.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
Just booked my mini-mileage run on 10/5:

BOS-CLT-BTR at 12:55 arr BTR 5:52
BTR-CLT-BOS at 6:20 arr BOS at 12:21

$258.90 AI

I hope that it's the same plane going in and out of BTR or I'm screwed. I assume it is-anyone else do CLT-BTR recently?
I am on the same late afternoon CLT-BTR turnaround.

BOS-DCA-CLT-BTR-CLT-PVD. $308 AI...Should have been $298 but a waited a day too late to book it earlier this week.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: US,PC
Mooper,

From Faqs for promo:

4 to 7 hops, skips, and jumps will move your pre-offer Preferred status up one level.
Chairman's --> Chairman’s Preferred
Platinum --> Chairman’s Preferred
Gold --> Platinum Preferred
Silver --> Gold Preferred
Not a Preferred member --> Silver Preferred

Dracs.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
PBG turnaround

I'm doing my BOS-PBG-BOS turnaround on Tuesday (actually starts in RIC and has several other segments). Has anyone had any issues with doing the in and out of PBG same day (about 30 mins between the turnaround)? I know it's the same plane, but just curious if there have been any other issues. Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
I'm doing my BOS-PBG-BOS turnaround on Tuesday (actually starts in RIC and has several other segments). Has anyone had any issues with doing the in and out of PBG same day (about 30 mins between the turnaround)? I know it's the same plane, but just curious if there have been any other issues. Thanks.
Make sure you have your boarding pass already printed for the return flight.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
Has anyone had any issues with doing the in and out of PBG same day (about 30 mins between the turnaround)? I know it's the same plane, but just curious if there have been any other issues. Thanks.
I did that a month ago or so - no problems at all. Oddly, there was a crew change so I didn't have to explain to the FA what I was doing. There were only 8-12 pax on the two flights, so I certainly would have been recognized. By the time I deplaned, walked in the restroom to wash my hands, and stepped back out, they were starting to board.

And with my LAS trip this week, my status was updated to CP (for the first time in 4 years) this week. As mentioned earlier, I was the perfect candidate for this - squeaked in to PLT last year with exactly 90 segments, and only trending to 60-70 this year. So it basically bumped me PLT-CP for 5 months and GLD-CP for a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.