Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
If we could just get some planes with a first-class cabin into RIC, I'd keep an eye out for you. Congrats!
Originally Posted by RIC Hokie
Thanks! I know they really reduced mainline to RIC over the last few years. It's only express to PHL now and I only think there are 2 or 3 mainline left to CLT. I remember they seemed to be running the E190's a lot out of RIC for a while, too bad they got rid of most of them.
^ Ya, I started getting use to the occasional E190 bump up to first. With very few mainline going to CLT (and even less to PHL), it's a rare bump out of RIC for sure. Since it seems like the CP group out of RIC is growing, it's a good thing I'll get to CP next week from my PBG run Congrats RIC Hokie.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Possible, although I don't think it would make any difference for the TLV trip other than mileage bonus. For a trip like TLV, however, the extra mileage bonus isn't something to ignore, so if it doesn't matter I'd recommend doing the Shuttle flight on the 26th - worst case you don't get any extra bonus miles for TLV but might get them on the return, best case you get them both ways.

Jim
If there were Envoy seats available on the TLV flights, wouldn't getting to CP before the flights also mean a possible free bump up to Envoy (using the CP certs)? That might be some extra motivation to get to CP before going to TLV. I know it would be for me.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:10 pm

Since US seems to be after the non-profitable customers, who has gotten to CP for the least amount? I'm talking ticket price here, none of this "I had a $1000 voucher so I did 8 h/s/j for free" stuff.

I used to be quite profitable for US, but their choice seat experiment told me that they don't care - so I took my CLT-ORD trips (at around 40-50 cents per mile) to UA and haven't looked back, until this promo. Earned platinum last year, status matched to UA, have barely qualified for silver on US for next year, but will be CP for the next 18 months thanks to this promo and $316.

I can see it now, instead of FT profiles stating things like 1K lite, we'll have things like <$300 CP.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: CP USAirways, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I'm not sure, but why not just book PHL-CLT-BTR-CLT to be safe?
Seems that doing a multiple-city trip is way more expensive than doing a roundtrip from Phl to/from Btr via Clt.

Couldn't find anyway from clt to btr for less than 800+...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: AX CNT|DL P|CO P|US CP|AT E|HH D|SPG P|RC 5C|HY D|PC P|AVS PC|HZ 1G|PRPCLB BLK|USCLB LIFE
I looks like there's high demand for those seats due to HSJ. However, I'm still seeing under $300 R/T flights from MLB-CLT-BTR-CLT-MLB which will count as 2 jumps. I'd fly into MCO, drive to & stay the night in MLB. Then, do the MLB to BTR jumps the next day and return home via MCO that night.

Here's an example from ITA:
Melbourne (MLB) to Charlotte (CLT) - Wed, Oct 6
US Airways 2470 Dep: 6:35am Arr: 8:16am 1h 41m Canadair Reg. Jet Coach (K)
Layover in CLT 0h 59m

Charlotte (CLT) to Baton Rouge (BTR) - Wed, Oct 6
US Airways 2556 Dep: 9:15am Arr: 10:22am 2h 7m Canadair Reg. Jet Coach (K)

Baton Rouge (BTR) to Melbourne (MLB) - Wed, Oct 6
Baton Rouge (BTR) to Charlotte (CLT) - Wed, Oct 6
US Airways 2555 Dep: 10:50am Arr: 1:47pm 1h 57m Canadair Reg. Jet Coach (K)
Layover in CLT 2h 43m

Charlotte (CLT) to Melbourne (MLB) - Wed, Oct 6
US Airways 2478 Dep: 4:30pm Arr: 6:14pm 1h 44m Canadair Reg. Jet Coach (K)

TOTAL: $297

Good Luck!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
If there were Envoy seats available on the TLV flights, wouldn't getting to CP before the flights also mean a possible free bump up to Envoy (using the CP certs)?
If the certs were deposited in their account in time yes, but with only 4 days between getting the necessary HSJ point (on the 26th) and the TLV departure (the 30th) I thought it might be unlikely the certs would be deposited in time.

Jim
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i think some of us need to realize why BTR is so expensive around this time of year on certain dates, as well. LSU is a large college with a HUGE football presence nationally. Roughly seven weekends every Sept-Nov will be very expensive to fly into BTR.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: None
In addition to the normal influx of football fans, this is LSU's 150th anniversary also, with accompanying special events.

The price I mentioned in the last post was a weekday fare - Saturday was quite a bit higher simply because of the BTR fare being higher.

Jim
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mrredskin
i think some of us need to realize why BTR is so expensive around this time of year on certain dates, as well. LSU is a large college with a HUGE football presence nationally. Roughly seven weekends every Sept-Nov will be very expensive to fly into BTR.
I agree with you about the Baton Rouge route and the games. Also keep in mind that these New Markets are not quite so new any more. Where I once could easily see $79 fares from CLT to either market, they are now hovering around the 100+ mark. Also because everyone is trying to squeeze them in before October 10th you don't get that 'long time away from flight' price.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: US Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
We recently did a h/s/j CLT-BOS-PBG and return. We were also registered for the double-up BOS promotion and have been getting double miles for the past month or so. Got no double miles for the CLT-BOS-PBG trip. (Actually got no bonus miles either.) Is it true that any trip that might count for h/s/j will cancel out the double-up miles promotion?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Gator
We recently did a h/s/j CLT-BOS-PBG and return. We were also registered for the double-up BOS promotion and have been getting double miles for the past month or so. Got no double miles for the CLT-BOS-PBG trip. (Actually got no bonus miles either.) Is it true that any trip that might count for h/s/j will cancel out the double-up miles promotion?
Your flight has to originate or end in BOS to get the double miles
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
OK, I'm confused. I'm planning BOS-CLT-BTR RT in early October. Apparently this will count as new route and West? The gal on the CP line didn't think BTR was West. Where can I find this? Thanks.

***UPDATE*** Never mind! Found the FAQ!

http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs...ump_faq.html#6

Last edited by BOS2DCA; Sep 17, 2010 at 8:31 am
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
...Where can I find this?
H/S/J FAQ

What's the difference between North American regions that count as hops?

We've divided up the U.S. and Canada along the Mississippi River to define east and west.

North America, east includes: Gulfport, MS; Jackson, MS; Memphis, TN; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; plus the Canadian cities of Halifax, Nova Scotia; Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; and Toronto, Ontario.

North America, west includes: New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Little Rock, AR; St. Louis, MO; Des Moines, IA; plus the Canadian cities of Edmonton, Alberta; Calgary, Alberta; and Vancouver, British Columbia; Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN; and Anchorage, AK.

Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by kudzu
Thanks kudzu. I went to the beginning of this thread and found the FAQ.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
In addition to the normal influx of football fans, this is LSU's 150th anniversary also, with accompanying special events.

The price I mentioned in the last post was a weekday fare - Saturday was quite a bit higher simply because of the BTR fare being higher.

Jim
also wasn't aware of that.

as long as LSU doesn't cover (-8) against Miss St this weekend, I'll be ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.