Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 90 Day Silver Trial - Again for 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by brucefan21
Has anyone gotten gold with this promo yet? When I called the other day I was told it was only a promo for silver; I could only get gold if I got the normal number of miles/segments needed.
Looks like you will get gold:

I just received this email:

Your first 30 days in the Trial Preferred program

Congratulations – you've reached Silver status in the Dividend Miles program and you'll keep that status
until February 29, 2012.
Don't stop now – you're on your way to Gold status. You only need to earn 5,985 additional miles or 4 additional segments by November 6, 2010 to reach that goal.*
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by macfromage
Looks like you will get gold:

I just received this email:

Your first 30 days in the Trial Preferred program

Congratulations – you've reached Silver status in the Dividend Miles program and you'll keep that status
until February 29, 2012.
Don't stop now – you're on your way to Gold status. You only need to earn 5,985 additional miles or 4 additional segments by November 6, 2010 to reach that goal.*
Hmm you think you can get Platinum by doing 10 more segments?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by TAWS
I would think so. If you started as a base member, then the trial should operate similar to the current GoPreferred trial that they currently offer, right?

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
I think so. I am in the trial preferred program (the free one from Jul/Aug) coming in from GM to Silver. In response to my email question, the DMSC responded that if I hit the 22.5K miles I would be Plat to Feb 2012. Easy enough.

Here's the question though. It is my understanding that I can't get CP this way even at 30K miles. H/S/J is based on pre-trial status, so that won't get me to CP. Without flying another 77K miles, how do I get CP? Thanks.

Last edited by airgator; Sep 19, 2010 at 7:55 pm Reason: math error in miles
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by airgator
I think so. I am in the trial preferred program (the free one from Jul/Aug) coming in from GM to Silver. In response to my email question, the DMSC responded that if I hit the 22.5K miles I would be Plat to Feb 2012. Easy enough.

Here's the question though. It is my understanding that I can't get CP this way even at 30K miles. H/S/J is based on pre-trial status, so that won't get me to CP. Without flying another 77K miles, how do I get CP? Thanks.
I am actually going to take a gamble and do 4 HSJ in hopes that the system gives me a bump to CP anyways. Since the flights for the 4 HSJ points were part of the 30 segments needed to get to Platnium, I figure I won't have much to lose.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Correct you can not make CP in the "Free Days Day Silver Trail" promo, the highest you can go is PLT. I'm currently Gold with US, should hit PLT before Oct 19th (my end date for this promo.) I will try and make CP, I'll do some MR's if I have to. I'll be being PHX-STL (STL is a double mileage city) for the next 2 months (8 RT's.)

I was under the impression that the Trial Promo and H/S/J could not be comdined for elite status.

Originally Posted by airgator

Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
So the double miles promo is fully compatible with the Preferred Trial?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by no0neelse
I would think so. If you started as a base member, then the trial should operate similar to the current GoPreferred trial that they currently offer, right?

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html
My goodness, really?!?! I am actually going for the Gold with the RT PHL --> BTR on Oct 4-5, so it will bump me to Gold afterwards. Now you are saying you can get to PLT by doing ten more segments? That's very, very enticing to be honest.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:59 am

My situation is a little different. Now I have 11 segments, and I will get to Gold before I reach 20 segments. I should reach 17 segments via H/S/J and get to GP. I will have four more segments and I will reach 21. Do you think I will be bumped up to PLT by reaching 20 segments after H/S/J are done? Or I still need 30 segments to get to PLT?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
YES.....

Originally Posted by marksskram
So the double miles promo is fully compatible with the Preferred Trial?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
Question to DMSC on 9/6/10:
I will shortly need to make reservations for San Diego. I have registered for the double preferred miles promotion to SAN. The question is, are the preferred miles doubled on the entire itinerary or just for the legs in and out of SAN? Can I then assume that the answer is the same for the other cities in this promotion? Thank you.

Answer 9/9/10:
We appreciate this opportunity to address your questions regarding the double up promotion.

1. You will earn double miles on the entire itinerary.

2. As long as you are registered for the other cities you would earn the double miles on the entire itinerary.

Followed by my second question to DMSC on 9/13/10:
I am in the Trial Preferred program - silver. Before the expiration of my trial period I will have flown enough preferred miles for Platinum, using the trial platinum figure of 22,500 EQM's. Will I get platinum (once this is completed) or am I capped at silver since that is my status in the trial? Thank you.

Answer on 9/15/2010:
If during the 90 day period you fly a designated number of Preferred miles and segments on US Airways operated flights as listed below, you will qualify for the status you have earned.

Please be advised that only flights flown on US Airways or US Airways Express between 8/4/2010 and 11/2/2010 will qualify as Trial Preferred Miles.

Silver Preferred - Fly 7,500 Preferred Miles or 10 Preferred Segments Gold Preferred - Fly 15,000 Preferred Miles or 20 Preferred Segments Platinum Preferred - Fly 22,500 Preferred Miles or 30 Preferred Segments (end )

The 8/4 to 11/2 reflects my trial period. Are not double preferred miles still preferred miles? I have SAN and RDU scheduled for next week. I will report back on the doubling upon posting.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
My situation is a little different. Now I have 11 segments, and I will get to Gold before I reach 20 segments. I should reach 17 segments via H/S/J and get to GP. I will have four more segments and I will reach 21. Do you think I will be bumped up to PLT by reaching 20 segments after H/S/J are done? Or I still need 30 segments to get to PLT?
You will need to reach 20 segments before 10/10, which is when the HSJ promotion ends to get bumped up to Platinum, assuming you have 4 HSJ
Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse

I was under the impression that the Trial Promo and H/S/J could not be comdined for elite status.
Haven't others on here reported that they've used both to jump status twice?

I'm on Trial Silver that'll be full silver after this coming weekend's trip, when I cross the 7500 mile threshold. I'm also taking a skip and a jump (DCA > BOS, BOS > PBG) in early October to round out my 4 H/S/J points, as I obtained the other points with a DCA > LAX trip. My goal is to end up at Gold through Feb. 2012 by mid-October.

Can anyone confirm if this would work?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:09 pm

You will need to reach 20 segments before 10/10, which is when the HSJ promotion ends to get bumped up to Platinum, assuming you have 4 HSJ
Wait you are saying the HSJ will not bump you up to the next level after Oct 10? I thought it's immediately effective right after you reach 4 HSJ points. Let me clarify a little. I have 11 now, 17 after I am done with the 4-segmented trip between PHL and BTR(West and new line), get done with 4HSJ, and I will have four other segments between Oct 15 and Oct 17 to reach 21. My free silver trial will be done on the Oct 24. So my question again to you is, will I get bumped right up to GP after I finish the trip of PHL-->BTR, or I will just be bumped up to GP after Oct 10? If that's the case then I could try to squeeze in three more segments before Oct 10 to get done. Can you confirm?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Wait you are saying the HSJ will not bump you up to the next level after Oct 10? I thought it's immediately effective right after you reach 4 HSJ points. Let me clarify a little. I have 11 now, 17 after I am done with the 4-segmented trip between PHL and BTR(West and new line), get done with 4HSJ, and I will have four other segments between Oct 15 and Oct 17 to reach 21. My free silver trial will be done on the Oct 24. So my question again to you is, will I get bumped right up to GP after I finish the trip of PHL-->BTR, or I will just be bumped up to GP after Oct 10? If that's the case then I could try to squeeze in three more segments before Oct 10 to get done. Can you confirm?
This is an exact quote from an email they sent me.
"The Hop, Skip, Jump Promotion will process on 10/10/10 and will be based
on the level that is currently being held"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.