Search

A330-200: New Envoy Seats [MASTER THREAD]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:22 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by PrivatetoComercial
Just went on today and the seat map now reflects the new envoy suite!
Now if I can get my refund for the Sleeper....I'll be a happy guy.
What did you pay/do to get a sleeper? This is an A330-200, and always has been on that route. There are no sleeper 'upgrades', nor were there ever.

On the A330-300, the sleeper seats in row 1 can be upgraded from Envoy, but even that's only within 24 hours of departure (or so I thought). But this aircraft type has never been on that route....

I'm just scratching my head at what US Airways sold you if you paid something above and beyond the Envoy fare.

Last edited by PHL; Oct 26, 2010 at 11:32 am
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
On the A330-300, the sleeper seats in row 1 can be upgraded from Envoy, but even that's only within 24 hours of departure (or so I thought). But this aircraft type has never been on that route....
It is confusing but in regards to A333 Envoy Sleeper seats the chart shows that Platinum and Chairman can, "Buy upgrades to Envoy Sleeper anytime"
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:03 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neotope
It is confusing but in regards to A333 Envoy Sleeper seats the chart shows that Platinum and Chairman can, "Buy upgrades to Envoy Sleeper anytime"
Ah, ok. Thanks for that clarification. Assuming he's Plat/CP, how the heck did they sell him a sleeper upgrade on a route that doesn't have Sleeper seats?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
Ah, ok. Thanks for that clarification. Assuming he's Plat/CP, how the heck did they sell him a sleeper upgrade on a route that doesn't have Sleeper seats?
That's the confusing part

Perhaps it might have been an equipment swap or scheduling change on a one off flight because of MX.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, DL Platinum, B6 Mosaic
Not Sure

So I think what happened is for some reason the seat map that showed up wasn't for the 330-200 originally. I called in on the CP line and they sold me the upgrade into row 1 for 600 each person. When I called back up they said I would get my refund within 7 days...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Airbus A330-200 version 2 configuration of FC

My wife and I are flying on the Airbus A330-200 version 2 with the redesigned FC cabin for the first time next month PHL-LHR. When I originally booked the trip, we were in 3A/3B next to each other. I guess there was an equipment change since this new version has no B seats in FC. So we are now assigned to 2A/3A one behind the other. Is this a good way to sit? I would think conversation would be hindered but based on what I see in seatguru, perhaps side-by-side (AD or DF or FH) is not conducive to conversation either.

I know the cabin layout and lie-flat sleeping will be great, but should I do anything to improve the ease of conversation?

Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:36 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Is this a good way to sit? I would think conversation would be hindered but based on what I see in seatguru, perhaps side-by-side (AD or DF or FH) is not conducive to conversation either.

I know the cabin layout and lie-flat sleeping will be great, but should I do anything to improve the ease of conversation?
If you want to see your companion and actually talk, get 2 seats next to each other in the middle.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:33 pm

LHR-PHL 23 Nov new Envoy seat map showing already

So I am traveling LHR-PHL on the 23 Nov. Obviously have been hoping that it would be the new Envoy suits as it is on an A332. Everything I have ready though has said that you don't really know till about 24 hours before when the correct seat map shows. Well I just checked it and it is showing the new 1X2X1 layout. I am in 2H.

Just thought I would mention it as its not the way its been happening to date. I know the final 2 aircraft are supposed to be complete by the end of the month so perhaps thats it, there all done!!

Last edited by aztimm; Nov 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm Reason: adjusted PHL code
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: US CP; Marriott G
I booked 2 weeks ago lhr-phl and it shows a 1x2x1... I hope I get it!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: None
The last 2 A332's were reported to be in for retrofit a couple of weeks ago so they should all have the new suites by then. Hopefully those delivered going forward will come with the suites already installed.

Jim
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:55 pm

I checked the progress chart on the website and its still at 5 with 2 to be done. I can only assume they have all been finished thats why there showing it on the seatmap
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:59 pm

Out of interest any ideas why 1a is not showing?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
Out of interest any ideas why 1a is not showing?
If it's not one of the A332's with the pilot rest compartment (the first few didn't come with it) it could be blocked for crew rest.

Jim
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:08 am

Ships 281 and 283 are the 2 a332's that have the old envoy and as of now neither have gone in for retrofit. My guess as to why the new configuration is showing up so far out is because by then the two old configs will be down for retrofit leaving only the 5 suite equipped aircraft active.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by USfan
Ships 281 and 283 are the 2 a332's that have the old envoy and as of now neither have gone in for retrofit.
Hmmm, someone posted differently over on Aviation but that doesn't mean that they were right...

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.