Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connect time PHL INTL arrival to domestic flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Connect time PHL INTL arrival to domestic flight?

We (me, Ms. Me, 3y old me and 1y old me) were on a direct PLS-BOS flight on May 8, but USA decided to cancel that one (no reason--it looked like it was at least 3/4 full) and put us on a connector via PHL.

The flight arrives at PHL at 540pm, but the PHL-BOS leg doesn't leave until 830pm. How long does it take to clear customs etc? I'm wondering about an earlier flight, although I think the next earlier one on the weekend is at 615 not 715....
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by mdbruce
The flight arrives at PHL at 540pm, but the PHL-BOS leg doesn't leave until 830pm. How long does it take to clear customs etc? I'm wondering about an earlier flight, although I think the next earlier one on the weekend is at 615 not 715....
Check out this thread...Guide to PHL...it recommends 2 hours.
Originally Posted by mdbruce1
...but USA decided to cancel that one (no reason--it looked like it was at least 3/4 full) and put us on a connector via PHL.
Really? They canceled it for no reason at all?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitburgr
Check out this thread...Guide to PHL...it recommends 2 hours.
Really? They canceled it for no reason at all?
Pretty much. I called and asked several times, and was only told that flight 1056 is 'not operational.' We had been holding a reservation since January on 1056 and suddenly I received a 'schedule change'

I even tried asking why it was canceled, and I was given boilerplate where they answer a different question 'you've been rerouted because the flight is not operational.' 'yes, but why is it not operational?' 'this occurance can happen if the flight is canceled.' 'yes, but why was it canceled' 'flights can be canceled if they become non-operational.' and so on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.