Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PL
I was wondering if this flight I am looking would qualify for the Double miles. It's BWI-PHL-SEA-PHL-BWI for $280.80. Regular miles would be 4920 but with the double miles it would be 9840 which would make it comee out to 2.8 cpm IF the double miles applied. Did I calculate that right?

The thing is though ita shows it as this fare EXATNJ6Y but when looking at the fare rules it says travel on 16 May 10 but the last flight is on 16 May 10 at 931 am. So I am really confused.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by rcarteraz
I was wondering if this flight I am looking would qualify for the Double miles. It's BWI-PHL-SEA-PHL-BWI for $280.80. Regular miles would be 4920 but with the double miles it would be 9840 which would make it comee out to 2.8 cpm IF the double miles applied. Did I calculate that right?

Nope, you short-changed yourself. BWI-PHL and PHL-BWI get 500 miles (the minimum for every segment on US). Then you double each of those. You should get 11,480 miles!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Nope, you short-changed yourself. BWI-PHL and PHL-BWI get 500 miles (the minimum for every segment on US). Then you double each of those. You should get 11,480 miles!
Awesome that means it's 2.4 cpm then!?! That's pretty good right? And it works out on a weekend that I am off and do not have my son and a day in SEA would be nice. Never been and I have a relative there!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
If he's not preferred, he doesn't get a min segment bonus. Actual miles only....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by ITRADE
If he's not preferred, he doesn't get a min segment bonus. Actual miles only....
Darn! Oh well, still nice!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Dang. My bad. I forgot that US doesn't give the 500-minimum to non-Preferreds anymore.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Anyone seen these miles posted yet to their accounts after travel is complete?
It took 2 business days after the trip for both types of miles to show up in the account.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:21 pm

I saw this question being asked, but didn't see the answer.
I see some cheap prices where us is used to fly to west coast but flying back is on CO/UA. Do the flight back also counts as double if I use US FF#.
What about entire trip on CO/UA?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by naps8906
I saw this question being asked, but didn't see the answer.
I see some cheap prices where us is used to fly to west coast but flying back is on CO/UA. Do the flight back also counts as double if I use US FF#.
What about entire trip on CO/UA?
US metal only. My UA flights last week did not earn me double miles. It was a mix of US/UA segments, and only the US segment gave me double.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GoodOmens
I almost booked, but chickened out DCA-PHL-ZRH-PHL-DCA for 450 A/I R/t. Spending 750ish (Flight plus 2 nights hotel and food) for a MR was pushing it haha.

Still an amazing deal for europe.
What dates? I want to go to Zurich. The cheapest flights that I saw for weekends in May were around $650 ai.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tommyleo
Dang. My bad. I forgot that US doesn't give the 500-minimum to non-Preferreds anymore.
I lost out on last year's race to preferred by 87 miles because my CP hubby was doing the counting. Didin't catch it till it was too late.
Eileen
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bwiadca
What dates? I want to go to Zurich. The cheapest flights that I saw for weekends in May were around $650 ai.
Last weekend - so you missed it.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Update

Originally Posted by USPhilly
It would be in my mind and that's exactly what I would have done had it not been for the volcano which has every PHL-LHR flight full until Tuesday.
Ended up working on a refund for these three PNR's because of the lower cost - ended up with a $300, a $200, and an $87 future travel vouchers. I'm happy with that. Maintained F on the west to east legs - none of the seats seemed to change. I think one might have a seat problem with a full cancellation/rebook - too dodgy.

My CSR really went above and beyond doing all of this while dealing with computer shutdowns and inconsistencies in website pricing as opposed to what she was initially able to bring up on her system - she perservered! Mailed an AB cert for her.

Now if the DEQM angels would just come in to play..... (not holding my breath though!)
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by r.brown
US metal only. My UA flights last week did not earn me double miles. It was a mix of US/UA segments, and only the US segment gave me double.
Thx for that info. I guess i have to be careful.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
can someone confirm that the miles that have been posting have been from the JS promotion? My trip from Wednesday posted, but the double miles did not post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.