PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15

Old Apr 20, 10, 10:38 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by ejh25 View Post
I had three bookings made in this period prior to registration and almost a fourth but I was able to get that cancelled and rebooked after signing up. One thing to note is that last weekend I was flying on an itinerary booked a couple of months ago and I had an agent make a routing change for me at check-in. The re-routed flight segment qualified for double PQM I was shocked to see it pop up in my account today.

Did you have to pay extra? Or was it just a stand-by to an earlier flight?
Old Apr 20, 10, 11:26 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tommyleo View Post
Did you have to pay extra? Or was it just a stand-by to an earlier flight?
I didn't have to pay extra and it wasn't a standy. I commute most weekends ITH-BWI but I get rereouted to DCA either through an LGA or PHL connection. Any weather delay (even a 15 minute one and I call US Airways and try and get a re-reouting). Now I have even more reason to do so for my itineraries booked prior to the promo.
Old Apr 21, 10, 12:21 am

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Dividend Miles Multiplier.... with the Double Miles being in effect, is the double miles then further doubled or tripled ?
Old Apr 21, 10, 4:01 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by jredknapp11 View Post
Dividend Miles Multiplier.... with the Double Miles being in effect, is the double miles then further doubled or tripled ?
If you elect to double or triple, it will be calculated on the base PQM's (and any preferred bonus) only.

Example:

CP flying one way PHX-LAS and paying for triple miles.
500 PQM Base miles + 500 CP Bonus miles = 1000 x Triple Multiplier = 3000 + 500 Double Preferred bonus = 3500 total.

Only 1000 of those are preferred qualifying, of course.
Old Apr 21, 10, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Gold
Has anyone tried calling their preferred desk asking to be reticketed or ...in order to qualify for the promo on flights they have already booked?
Was thinking about giving it a shot today, but if other FF's have tried without success, I wouldn't bother.
Thanks
Old Apr 21, 10, 7:45 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IzzyL View Post
Has anyone tried calling their preferred desk asking to be reticketed or ...in order to qualify for the promo on flights they have already booked?
I called yesterday and tried to pay the $250 change fee (international flight) without actually changing anything to get the bonus. The woman at the CP desk told me the PNR would still be the same and so I wouldn't get the double miles since the ticketing date will not have changed.

I would imagine you could cancel your flight and then rebook and you would get the double miles, I just didn't want to do that because my flight is Saturday to LHR and with all of the volcano issues, if I canceled, it's likely I wouldn't get a seat again.
Old Apr 21, 10, 1:14 pm

Programs: Working on this!
Anyone have...

A good idead for a MR from WAS(Any of the 3)... I am new to this and want to make my first MR but still not quite understanding everything yet. Any help offered would be wonderful, espcially if I am able to make use of this offer! Thanks everyone!!
Old Apr 21, 10, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Originally Posted by rcarteraz View Post
A good idead for a MR from WAS(Any of the 3)... I am new to this and want to make my first MR but still not quite understanding everything yet. Any help offered would be wonderful, espcially if I am able to make use of this offer! Thanks everyone!!
BWI to the Left Coast can be had for about $250 to $270. If you fly via PHL, you can ensure yourself anywhere from 10000 to 11500 EQMs.
Old Apr 21, 10, 8:34 pm

Programs: Working on this!
Originally Posted by ITRADE View Post
BWI to the Left Coast can be had for about $250 to $270. If you fly via PHL, you can ensure yourself anywhere from 10000 to 11500 EQMs.
How would you go about setting that up? Where should I make the stops? Thanks
Old Apr 22, 10, 8:10 am

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Since you've already booked it, care to share?
Sorry I missed this one....

DCA-PHL-SJU-CLT-DCA

Big metal on the water legs, so maximized chances for upgrades.
Old Apr 22, 10, 3:14 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IzzyL View Post
Like USPhilly, I tried to do a change and redo a TATL flight I have beginning on June 2nd. Also told "no" would not qualify for double miles. I was also going to do so because the cost of the flight has dropped and the change fee wouldn't have mattered. The CR just sort of laughed when she noticed and then commented on the fact that I'd booked in early March. Oh well....
Makes me wonder how long I should wait before booking my September TATL flight that I need.... as well as a couple more coming up in October, November. Book early, book late?
Old Apr 22, 10, 4:19 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by miffSC View Post
Like USPhilly, I tried to do a change and redo a TATL flight I have beginning on June 2nd. Also told "no" would not qualify for double miles. I was also going to do so because the cost of the flight has dropped and the change fee wouldn't have mattered. The CR just sort of laughed when she noticed and then commented on the fact that I'd booked in early March. Oh well....

What if you canceled your ticket and bought another on the same flight? Don't you keep the unused value, to be used toward another ticket, minus a change fee when you book the new ticket?

Could that be the workaround?
Old Apr 22, 10, 4:52 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
What if you canceled your ticket and bought another on the same flight? Don't you keep the unused value, to be used toward another ticket, minus a change fee when you book the new ticket?

Could that be the workaround?
It would be in my mind and that's exactly what I would have done had it not been for the volcano which has every PHL-LHR flight full until Tuesday.
Old Apr 22, 10, 6:46 pm

Programs: US CP / AA PLT / MR PLT / Hertz PLT
Originally Posted by awpeters View Post
So, because the T&C's say "cannot combined with any other offer," I would hope this promotion trumps the current US Airways Mastercard DBRDM/DBEQM promotion for new bookings, as this new promo is better and more inclusive, and you can't stack them for Triple RDMs and EQMs.

It sort of makes the mastercard promo obsolete....no?

If you're registered for both promos, and you book one of the routes eligible for the mastercard bonus with a normal mastercard, it seems possible that US would only give you Double RDM, and could withhold the Double EQM....

EDIT: Interestingly, the mastercard offer's T&C's does not say anything about not being eligible for combining with other offers.

Could one get TEQM??? (QRDM for CPs)
Did anyone get a chance to see if the MasterCard promotion could be used with the DEQM promotion?
Old Apr 22, 10, 7:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Just booked PHX-MAD. Not a fantastic price, but not horrible either. I was a bit paranoid about the volcano, so MAD should still be safe, if things go sour again. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: