PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15

Old Apr 14, 10, 6:13 am

Programs: AA PRO (but always US in my heart), HH Gold
Originally Posted by kopflyer View Post
How did your rebooking work? Did you change dates, flights, routes? I'm thinking about paying the change fee and re-confirming on an earlier flight - if that would reset the clock for me.
For me, everything was the same with regard to trip details. I happened to notice that the fare had dropped DRASTICALLY, so I rebooked. When I say "drastically," I mean that even though there was a $250 change fee, it still ended up giving me a voucher for the difference. ^
Old Apr 14, 10, 6:32 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Got the email late last night and registered... Still working on renewing my Diamond status on DL, so will still only use US if the fares are drastically different.
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Ti & Ambassador, UA Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Select Plus, Uber Diamond
I highly recommend that everyone print off any registration confirmation and save it. Last spring, US had another promo and many people on the forum had trouble actually getting the bonus miles.
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:29 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ffmariners View Post
Same... already have 1 CLT-PBI-PHL and 2 PHL-DTW-PHL booked. Does US Airways ever waive that term and allow the flights to get included?
Makes 3 off us. I understand why they do it this way but it still bums me out. I wonder if I were to, as honeytoes did, try to rebook due to a lower fare (even though it's only $10 different), pay the change fee and get the DEQMs.

Either way, it's good and will lead me to book a few MRs which is what they want. ^
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:11 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by USFreak View Post
Free 90 day Club membership and now DEQM's.....yea, Tempe must be hurtin' enough to pay the bills to try and lure back customers they ran off several years ago.......bankruptcy in 6 months when all of this fails.
I started a recent thread saying it can't be a good situation at US if they keep selling all these miles or giving them away for free. However, several posters pointed out that cost-per-mile isn't much anyway for US.
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:51 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by honeytoes View Post
WOOOO!

Actually, when they did this last year, a trip that I rebooked at a lower fare DID count in the DEQM promo. I might try that again this time around.
Anyone know how effective US IT is at screening out bookings before you register? I inquire since if I recall many got DEQM for earlier bookings.. just curious.
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:56 am

Is this promotion good for ALL travel within this time period or the first trip booked?
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:57 am

Programs: US Chairman
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
Damn no double segments :-(
I agree with that, I'm a segment qualifier...that would be more meaningful for me. The extra miles will be nice though, I'll be booking 3 trips for May when i get back in the office tomorrow.

On a serious note, why do you have to register for these types of promotions? I don't understand the why you have to do it on some things, but others are automatic (such as the 4Q promotion last year to get status quicker).
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:02 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by RIC Hokie View Post
On a serious note, why do you have to register for these types of promotions? I don't understand the why you have to do it on some things, but others are automatic (such as the 4Q promotion last year to get status quicker).
I think some of it has to do with getting people in the habit of reading the emails. If they can show a boost in email readership then they can charge more for the ad space on them. I read every single US email just in case there's a good promo buried in one.

Originally Posted by BigErn View Post
Is this promotion good for ALL travel within this time period or the first trip booked?
It should be good for ALL travel booked and flown within that period. Last year they had the promo a little earlier in the year and I racked up about 60k EQM all told. Could have done more if I'd tried
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:23 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Anyone know if there are two people on one PNR and both registered for the promo, do both get the DEQM or just the one who booked it?
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dcpatti View Post
Anyone know if there are two people on one PNR and both registered for the promo, do both get the DEQM or just the one who booked it?
If it works the same as in the past, both (if registered) get it.
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy View Post
Say what?
Sorry - thought US still had the 24 hour policy. I guess no longer.
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:06 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by dcpatti View Post
As apeortdz said, both need to be registered (barring quirks in the system that give the miles regardless of being registered). I don't know of any time that miles earned by flying depended on who booked or even paid for the ticket - the miles go to the passenger if they have a FF account or to no one if the passenger doesn't. How many people here have their tickets booked and paid for by a corporate travel department yet they, as the passenger, get the miles.

Barring explicit language saying otherwise I think it's safe to assume that anyone that would get miles from the flight would get the bonus as long as they're registered and meet the other requirements on booking and flying time periods.

Jim
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Booked a PIT-CLT-RDU-PIT trip next week, glad I waitied til today to do it.
After that, it's lots of PIT-CLT-?? for the next few months.

I really wish it was double segments! Now that would REALLY help me get back to CP.
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by liveon777 View Post
Booked a PIT-CLT-RDU-PIT trip next week, glad I waitied til today to do it.
After that, it's lots of PIT-CLT-?? for the next few months.

I really wish it was double segments! Now that would REALLY help me get back to CP.
I wish it was segments as well, but for the goal of reaching 150 easier for free club membership. I am not sure if I will hit 150K miles this year with all my east coast travel.

I fly PIT-CLT-?? almost weekly as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: