PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15

Old Apr 13, 10, 10:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by tommyleo View Post
OK, who's going to be the first to post their mileage run?
I've been watching PHX-MUC for a while, now that this is in play, I might do it. Usually I'm having to do this in winter...
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis President
Let the games begin.
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tommyleo View Post
OK, who's going to be the first to post their mileage run?
I'm thinking of a one day DCA-CLT-SFO-PHL-DCA for roughly 15060 w/ my 50%bonus (and aprox 12040 EQM).
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:40 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Just got the message too. Hbopefully ua wil redo their double rdm promo so its double eqm too.
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold; US TIB; Hyatt Diamond
Booked a 10,000 eqm MR yesterday because I didn't see this forthcoming. A little miffed at myself for not waiting a day...
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kopflyer View Post
Booked a 10,000 eqm MR yesterday because I didn't see this forthcoming. A little miffed at myself for not waiting a day...
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....
Old Apr 13, 10, 11:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....
Say what?
Old Apr 13, 10, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Thanks US! Not going to fly on US but will hope that AA/DL/CO/UA would match.
Old Apr 14, 10, 1:09 am

So, because the T&C's say "cannot combined with any other offer," I would hope this promotion trumps the current US Airways Mastercard DBRDM/DBEQM promotion for new bookings, as this new promo is better and more inclusive, and you can't stack them for Triple RDMs and EQMs.

It sort of makes the mastercard promo obsolete....no?

If you're registered for both promos, and you book one of the routes eligible for the mastercard bonus with a normal mastercard, it seems possible that US would only give you Double RDM, and could withhold the Double EQM....

EDIT: Interestingly, the mastercard offer's T&C's does not say anything about not being eligible for combining with other offers.

Could one get TEQM??? (QRDM for CPs)

Last edited by Surgee; Apr 14, 10 at 1:41 am
Old Apr 14, 10, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Free 90 day Club membership and now DEQM's.....yea, Tempe must be hurtin' enough to pay the bills to try and lure back customers they ran off several years ago.......bankruptcy in 6 months when all of this fails.
Old Apr 14, 10, 1:45 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Too Early Bird

Just hate the timing on this because I/we have four flights booked already (one TATL)that fall between that time period- and only possibility of one paltry AGS-MCO to book for May (a little help).
Old Apr 14, 10, 3:16 am
GVA

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy LTT, United Silver, LH Unelected fool, Carrot Rewards
Originally Posted by miffSC View Post
Just hate the timing on this because I/we have four flights booked already (one TATL)that fall between that time period- and only possibility of one paltry AGS-MCO to book for May (a little help).
Try to change your dates/flights, it might work as a new booking. Although YMMV as to how US treat this.
Old Apr 14, 10, 5:26 am

Programs: AA PRO (but always US in my heart), HH Gold
WOOOO!

Actually, when they did this last year, a trip that I rebooked at a lower fare DID count in the DEQM promo. I might try that again this time around.
Old Apr 14, 10, 6:03 am

Programs: US Airways: Nothing yet!, Hilton: Gold, Priority Club: Gold, Mariott: Nada
Originally Posted by miffSC View Post
Same... already have 1 CLT-PBI-PHL and 2 PHL-DTW-PHL booked. Does US Airways ever waive that term and allow the flights to get included?
Old Apr 14, 10, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Gold; US TIB; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by honeytoes View Post
Actually, when they did this last year, a trip that I rebooked at a lower fare DID count in the DEQM promo. I might try that again this time around.
How did your rebooking work? Did you change dates, flights, routes? I'm thinking about paying the change fee and re-confirming on an earlier flight - if that would reset the clock for me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: