FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

apeortdz Apr 14, 2010 8:31 am

Originally Posted by dcpatti (Post 13768227)
Anyone know if there are two people on one PNR and both registered for the promo, do both get the DEQM or just the one who booked it?

If it works the same as in the past, both (if registered) get it.

GoodOmens Apr 14, 2010 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13766171)
Say what?

Sorry - thought US still had the 24 hour policy. I guess no longer.

BoeingBoy Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am

Originally Posted by dcpatti (Post 13768227)
Anyone know if there are two people on one PNR and both registered for the promo, do both get the DEQM or just the one who booked it?

As apeortdz said, both need to be registered (barring quirks in the system that give the miles regardless of being registered). I don't know of any time that miles earned by flying depended on who booked or even paid for the ticket - the miles go to the passenger if they have a FF account or to no one if the passenger doesn't. How many people here have their tickets booked and paid for by a corporate travel department yet they, as the passenger, get the miles.

Barring explicit language saying otherwise I think it's safe to assume that anyone that would get miles from the flight would get the bonus as long as they're registered and meet the other requirements on booking and flying time periods.

Jim

liveon777 Apr 14, 2010 9:16 am

Booked a PIT-CLT-RDU-PIT trip next week, glad I waitied til today to do it.
After that, it's lots of PIT-CLT-?? for the next few months.

I really wish it was double segments! Now that would REALLY help me get back to CP.

r.brown Apr 14, 2010 9:31 am

Originally Posted by liveon777 (Post 13769219)
Booked a PIT-CLT-RDU-PIT trip next week, glad I waitied til today to do it.
After that, it's lots of PIT-CLT-?? for the next few months.

I really wish it was double segments! Now that would REALLY help me get back to CP.

I wish it was segments as well, but for the goal of reaching 150 easier for free club membership. I am not sure if I will hit 150K miles this year with all my east coast travel.

I fly PIT-CLT-?? almost weekly as well.

BoeingBoy Apr 14, 2010 10:14 am

In all these "double/triple" miles promos, do they normally give the bonus on actual or 500 minimum miles? If minimum miles get the double miles EQM bonus, while not as good as double segments, it is still better than just segments - 1000 miles per minimum segment is 25 segments to reach Silver (instead of 30), 50 to reach Gold (instead of 60), etc.

Jim

lkar Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Alphaguy (Post 13768030)
Anyone know how effective US IT is at screening out bookings before you register? I inquire since if I recall many got DEQM for earlier bookings.. just curious.

Boy, that would be nice, since I'm in the group that also has several already booked trips planned during this period, including one TATL. (Well, not really -- BDA, but still lots of miles.)

tommyleo Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 13769705)
In all these "double/triple" miles promos, do they normally give the bonus on actual or 500 minimum miles? If minimum miles get the double miles EQM bonus, while not as good as double segments, it is still better than just segments - 1000 miles per minimum segment is 25 segments to reach Silver (instead of 30), 50 to reach Gold (instead of 60), etc.

Jim

Good math, Jim. But it would really only apply for segment-qualifiers if the promo lasted way more than two months.

BoeingBoy Apr 14, 2010 11:30 am

Very true, but if min EQM miles are doubled those segments flown during the promotion period are worth like 1.2 regular segments. Every little bit helps.

Jim

lkar Apr 14, 2010 11:42 am

Originally Posted by exiled2tx (Post 13765134)
Not sure if this is targeted or not. My wife got the email this evening. I however have not.

Are you signed up for all the e-mail subscription options through DM? I just checked this morning after reading the thread about some people getting free 90 day club memberships via e-mail and others not, and to my surprise there were some categories of e-mail offers that I wasn't getting.

kinglobjaw Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by milomaniac (Post 13765131)
Received an email also at 8:09 PM CST.

Thanks for posting. Been waiting for this for sometime. Ended up booking my flights with 5000 Miles round-trip on Delta yesterday to take advantage of Together We Fly promo.

DL has a 24 hour cancellation policy, so you can still book with US :D

By the wya, how are you doing with the Together we Fly? My team is about 4,500 miles away from reaching the highest bonus (20K). Good luck!

-Kinglobjaw

ArizonaRoadWarrior Apr 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13766090)
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....

You can do that at CO...it is even stated on the webpage (just made some reservations on CO and thought that this was a good feature\benefit). I don't think that US has anything like this.

ACC2008 Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Good job US

Signed up for it and have 4 r/ts so will get 32 segments and double miles counted towards my qualification for next year. Thanks USAirways

ArizonaGuy Apr 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ACC2008 (Post 13772775)
Signed up for it and have 4 r/ts so will get 32 segments and double miles counted towards my qualification for next year. Thanks USAirways

Unless I missed it, it's not double segments. And the trips need to have been booked after registering, per the terms.

ArizonaGuy Apr 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13768373)
Sorry - thought US still had the 24 hour policy. I guess no longer.

Been gone for at least a couple of years.

USPhilly Apr 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13772811)
Unless I missed it, it's not double segments. And the trips need to have been booked after registering, per the terms.

Yep that's my understanding. From the T&C:

Terms & conditions: You must register, book and travel between April 13 and June 15, 2010. You must register before you ticket your reservation to be eligible. Not combinable with any other offer. Jumpstart promotional miles count towards Preferred status. Bonus miles are applied to the base miles earned and do not reflect a class of service, Preferred flight or any other bonus. Flights must be operated by US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle. Please allow up to 2 weeks for bonus miles to be credited to your account. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.

aztimm Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Anyone know if this promo works with e-savers? I'm finding some interesting fares to Europe in May. PM me if you'd like details.

Also, I had a request to organize an AVP/Office Tour Do while the double miles promo is going on. I just need to get myself a trip to AVP...

itsme110 Apr 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by docr775 (Post 13765181)
I did not receive the e-mail, but I was able to register. Cool beans.

Where did you go to register?? I can't find it anywhere in the U.S. website

neotope Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by itsme110 (Post 13773251)
Where did you go to register?? I can't find it anywhere in the U.S. website

The link in the first post appears to still be working fine:

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...00930_04132010

exiled2tx Apr 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74 (Post 13765352)
Seems like it is NOT targetted since they have verbiage that may apply to non Dividend Miles members:

Not a member yet? This is a great time to join. You can earn more miles faster and more miles that count towards Preferred status. Join now and find out all about Dividend Miles and the benefits of being Preferred.

My email came in later on (not at the same time as my wife's)

ImprovGal Apr 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Am I reading the T&C correctly? The flights just have to be operated by USAirways/Express and ticketed after promotion registration, but I'm not seeing anything that says they can't be ticketed as United codeshares operated by US?

ejh25 Apr 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13766090)
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....

I booked earlier today without registerring and just saw this. Made a call to US Airways and explained to them my reasoning and they cancelled and allowed me to rebook :)

ejh25 Apr 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 13769705)

Jim

They gave me DEQMS based on the 500 min miles per segment last year I would expect the same this year.

ejh25 Apr 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13772825)
Been gone for at least a couple of years.

Maybe I've just gotten luck with the right agents. I've explained my "mistakes" and it's worked. Today the first agent wouldn't do it and she transferred me to the Internet Desk and I explained that the I had booked before the promotion and I'd really like the DEQMS. The guy took care of it with no questions asked.

5.9LITRE Apr 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Ugh I just booked my flight to Madrid yesterday with the Mastercard promo and 2 domestic flights. Arg!

ArizonaRoadWarrior Apr 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler (Post 13767627)
I highly recommend that everyone print off any registration confirmation and save it. Last spring, US had another promo and many people on the forum had trouble actually getting the bonus miles.

Today, I signed up for the Mileathon promotion at CO. I received an e-mail confirmation of my registration...that is service. I just don't understand why the folks at Tempe can do the same thing!?!

Diamondback Apr 15, 2010 12:45 am

Dang these airlines and the way they run these promotions. This is the third time in a just the last few weeks I have been burned or almost burned by the rules and timing of booking vs. the promotion. WN has run two promotions in the past few weeks offering double credits. In both cases I had booked a reservation 24 hours prior to the promotion starting but was flying within the travel window. Now, guess what. I booked a reservation with US 24 hours ago prior to receiving the email for this promotion. Grrr...... I did pull off one flight promotion with WN. I just cancelled and used the TTF to rebook. I actually got 6.5 credits for a PHX-LAX flight.

liveon777 Apr 15, 2010 5:48 am

Originally Posted by r.brown (Post 13769361)
I wish it was segments as well, but for the goal of reaching 150 easier for free club membership. I am not sure if I will hit 150K miles this year with all my east coast travel.

I fly PIT-CLT-?? almost weekly as well.

I wish I would have received the 90 day Club promo. Didn't get that one, but I surely would have taken advantage of that one.

Not sure how many miles/segs I'll wind up with this year, but guessing north of 75K/100 segs and I'd consider rejoining the club.

Today is PIT-CLT-ATL at 1:40, but I have an E seat on both legs, so it's going to suck! The joys of booking last minute.

c_alt24 Apr 15, 2010 7:21 am

Can I book through Orbitz and still get the DEQM? I didn't see anything in the terms about this so I'm guessing its ok but just wanted to make sure.

I'm trying to do PHL-LAS-PHL but usairways.com won't let me book it because the turnaround in LAS is 57 minutes. Also, when booking through Orbitz will my reservation still show up in my DM profile and allow me to select preferred/exit seats?

Thanks

tommyleo Apr 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by c_alt24 (Post 13775931)
I'm trying to do PHL-LAS-PHL but usairways.com won't let me book it because the turnaround in LAS is 57 minutes. Also, when booking through Orbitz will my reservation still show up in my DM profile and allow me to select preferred/exit seats?

Yes to that question. As for your routing, did you try booking two separate one-way tickets? That often prices out the same as the round trip.

shyam99 Apr 15, 2010 6:37 pm

I feel your pain...I booked 2 RT's in consecutive weeks to BWI/SEA and BWI/LAX via the work travel agent, and then bammm, the double miles offer comes out....still will get the Platinum Preffered bonus, but it would have been nice to get those double miles...

Originally Posted by Diamondback (Post 13774726)
Dang these airlines and the way they run these promotions. This is the third time in a just the last few weeks I have been burned or almost burned by the rules and timing of booking vs. the promotion. WN has run two promotions in the past few weeks offering double credits. In both cases I had booked a reservation 24 hours prior to the promotion starting but was flying within the travel window. Now, guess what. I booked a reservation with US 24 hours ago prior to receiving the email for this promotion. Grrr...... I did pull off one flight promotion with WN. I just cancelled and used the TTF to rebook. I actually got 6.5 credits for a PHX-LAX flight.

lkar Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by liveon777 (Post 13775478)
I wish I would have received the 90 day Club promo. Didn't get that one, but I surely would have taken advantage of that one.

I just got mine this evening, for what it's worth.

IADCAflyer Apr 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Just booked a MR for early May.

R/t for about $290. About 8200 EQMs, and now here's to good juju to the upgrade Gnome.

tommyleo Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 13784657)
Just booked a MR for early May.

R/t for about $290. About 8200 EQMs, and now here's to good juju to the upgrade Gnome.

Since you've already booked it, care to share?

Alphaguy Apr 16, 2010 1:40 pm

The only redeeming factor of my ZRH trip being canceled, is I can rebook on US and get DEQM's!

CPRich Apr 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13765276)
Damn no double segments :-(

So I'm not the only one for whom the double EQM's are useless. Does everyone else fly 1000 mile segments and qualify with miles? I've flown 130 segments in the last 15 months and not a single one over 500 miles. I'll take the double miles for my balance, but double segments would surely be more useful to me.

GoodOmens Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm

I almost booked, but chickened out DCA-PHL-ZRH-PHL-DCA for 450 A/I R/t. Spending 750ish (Flight plus 2 nights hotel and food) for a MR was pushing it haha.

Still an amazing deal for europe.

ArizonaGuy Apr 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13786267)
I almost booked, but chickened out DCA-PHL-ZRH-PHL-DCA for 450 A/I R/t. Spending 750ish (Flight plus 2 nights hotel and food) for a MR was pushing it haha.

Still an amazing deal for europe.

Yea. I've passed on BCN, ZRH and DUB fares. Just can't justify it right now, especially since last year's horrible year for air travel meant I went to FRA for $400 during DEQM.

I am still looking for some cheap transcons from PHX. I can find BUF for fairly low but not low enough on the dates I really want to go. Grrr.

lkar Apr 17, 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13786379)
I am still looking for some cheap transcons from PHX. I can find BUF for fairly low but not low enough on the dates I really want to go. Grrr.

PHX-HNL is a pretty good run with DEQM. Still lots of dates left at $288 AI, which is about 2.4 cpm for 11600 miles.

liveon777 Apr 17, 2010 5:50 pm

I am actually flying to ANC in 2 weeks (in paid FC). So if I understand this all correctly, I will get the 50% bonus towards preferred per the promo, and ALSO the 50% class-of-service bonus for a paid FC ticket?