FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Goody Bags for Envoy Class and Envoy Sleeper Class passengers? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1071016-goody-bags-envoy-class-envoy-sleeper-class-passengers.html)

ArizonaRoadWarrior Apr 5, 2010 1:54 pm

Goody Bags for Envoy Class and Envoy Sleeper Class passengers?

Do US Airways give out ‘goody bags’ to the passengers in Envoy Class and Envoy Sleeper Class? If yes, what items are in the goody bag? I have received goody bags from British Airways, Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic and etc. which included pajamas. If there are no pajamas included in the US Airways goody bag, are there any other US-based airlines (American, Continental, Delta and United) that give out pajamas to their FC passengers on transatlantic and transpacific flights?

DCAMatt Apr 5, 2010 2:02 pm

Short answer - Yes. Transatlantic Envoy class gets a small amenity kit. The kit comes with eye shades, socks (cheap disposable), ear plugs, and a small tube of L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Dry Skin Hand Cream and a small tube of L'Occitane lip balm.

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior (Post 13713835)
Do US Airways give out ‘goody bags’ to the passengers in Envoy Class and Envoy Sleeper Class? If yes, what items are in the goody bag? I have received goody bags from British Airways, Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic and etc. which included pajamas. If there are no pajamas included in the US Airways goody bag, are there any other US-based airlines (American, Continental, Delta and United) that give out pajamas to their FC passengers on transatlantic and transpacific flights?

ashwinbrao Apr 5, 2010 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior (Post 13713835)

Yes: you do get a goody bag in envoy. The contents in the bag are similar to that found in Virgin's premium economy goody bag

vysean Apr 5, 2010 2:33 pm

The "goody bags" are commonly referred to as "amenity kits" and as mentioned, US' kit contains:

socks
earplugs
toothbrush/toothpaste
eyemask
lip balm
hand cream

http://www.usairwaysstore.com/ProdIm...20Kit%20LG.JPG

You can actually buy them directly on the US Airways company store website - http://www.usairwaysstore.com/Script...?idproduct=507

As for pajamas, no US carrier that I'm aware of provides them in any premium cabin. For *A international carriers, TG, SQ, OZ, LH, LX provide them in F (and you can take them home), NH provides them in F (but only for use on-board). I don't believe any *A carrier provides pajamas for C cabin pax.

jordieboy Apr 5, 2010 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13714071)
You can actually buy them directly on the US Airways company store website - http://www.usairwaysstore.com/Script...?idproduct=507

That is just really interesting.
4.95 for the whole bag
Pretty amazing actually!

If you try to buy the hand cream alone direct from L'Occitane it is 10 bucks.
http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/...prod=01MA030K7

As far as the "goodie bags" go for C, I have always thought that the L'Occitane products on US were perhaps the most generous (my recent reference CO,LH,LX,SQ).

vysean Apr 5, 2010 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jordieboy (Post 13715622)
As far as the "goodie bags" go for C, I have always thought that the L'Occitane products on US were perhaps the most generous (my recent reference CO,LH,LX,SQ).

I was shocked to see L'Occitane products in the US amenity kit last year. To be perfectly honest, I think the US kit is pretty comparable to other business kits I've seen recently - at least NZ/TG/UA/LH. The biggest difference that I can tell is that US doesn't include a writing pen. I actually quite like the drawstring pouch - I can throw all of my electronics and other things into it and cram the whole thing in a backpack or laptop bag.

ORDnHKG Apr 6, 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jordieboy (Post 13715622)
That is just really interesting.
4.95 for the whole bag
Pretty amazing actually!

If you try to buy the hand cream alone direct from L'Occitane it is 10 bucks.
http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/...prod=01MA030K7

I wonder if the kit sell on that site really do include the lipbalm and handcream though ? As from the site, it showed in the picture, but it does not listed in the included items.

This kit comes in a nice bag and contains the following:toothbrush

toothbrush
toothpaste
socks
eyemask
ear plugs

vysean Apr 6, 2010 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 13720618)
I wonder if the kit sell on that site really do include the lipbalm and handcream though ? As from the site, it showed in the picture, but it does not listed in the included items.

This kit comes in a nice bag and contains the following:toothbrush

toothbrush
toothpaste
socks
eyemask
ear plugs

I suspect they didn't change the product description when they switched from the old to new style amenity kits. Why don't you buy one for $4.95 and let us know... :p

ORDnHKG Apr 6, 2010 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13714071)
I don't believe any *A carrier provides pajamas for C cabin pax.

Actually I think it is very rare for any airlines have PJ in C. I know for OW, CX and JL don't, skyteam KE, AF, AZ don't.

ORDnHKG Apr 6, 2010 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13720631)
I suspect they didn't change the product description when they switched from the old to new style amenity kits. Why don't you buy one for $4.95 and let us know... :p

Curious do you know that is the current kit US is using right now ? As I seem to recall from trip reports I actually saw people got a transparent box with stuff inside. I don't fly US so I wouldn't know, but I am a big amenity kit collector, so I will probably buy one even if they don't have the lipbalm and handcream in the kit. :D

vysean Apr 6, 2010 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 13720694)
Curious do you know that is the current kit US is using right now ? As I seem to recall from trip reports I actually saw people got a transparent box with stuff inside. I don't fly US so I wouldn't know, but I am a big amenity kit collector, so I will probably buy one even if they don't have the lipbalm and handcream in the kit. :D

The one in the photo is current as far as I'm aware - my last Envoy flight was in November of 2009.

I've never heard of a transparent box amenity kit on US. Is it possible that was a one-off for a new route inauguration?

PittDoc Apr 6, 2010 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 13720642)
Actually I think it is very rare for any airlines have PJ in C. I know for OW, CX and JL don't, skyteam KE, AF, AZ don't.

Last year VS was giving out PJ's in Upper Class (=C) if you ask. Not *A but you can credit miles to US. Nothing that special but definitely better than sleeping in your clothes.

ArizonaRoadWarrior Apr 7, 2010 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 13720642)

I have received PJs flying Business Class on British Airways in addition to receiving PJs while flying First Class on Lufthansa and Virgin Atlantic.

ArizonaRoadWarrior Apr 7, 2010 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by PittDoc (Post 13722028)
Last year VS was giving out PJ's in Upper Class (=C) if you ask. Not *A but you can credit miles to US. Nothing that special but definitely better than sleeping in your clothes.

Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic is First Class NOT Business Class (C or J fare).

vysean Apr 7, 2010 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior (Post 13729134)
Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic is First Class NOT Business Class (C or J fare).

I think any number of FTers would debate this statement.