Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX Terminal 2 / Continental Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

PHX Terminal 2 / Continental Question

My wife (DM Silver) is flying out on Continental tomorrow morning. Can she use her USAirways DM Silver card to get access to the 1st Class line in terminal 2? Will Continental let her use the DM Silver status to board with their OnePass Elite members since they are a USAirways / Star Alliance partner?

Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
With respect to the Security Lines:

It doesn't hurt to try.

IME. There's no "line bouncer" in PHX T2.

I'd just get in the First Class "Priority Line" and then see what happens when you get to the TSA ID Checker.

Chances are that they won't care.

With respect to the Priority Boarding

The CO BP should print out with the US Airways Elite Status on it and the relevant boarding group. I am not sure if Star Silvers are permitted to board through the Elite Access lines. Someone with more CO experience can provide more details.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by warreng24
The CO BP should print out with the US Airways Elite Status on it and the relevant boarding group. I am not sure if Star Silvers are permitted to board through the Elite Access lines. Someone with more CO experience can provide more details.
CO gives "Elite Access" to Star Gold not Star Silver. CO boards Elite Access first then goes to zones.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The lines are rarely bad in terminal two. In fact, I find even when I use the FC line, it rarely makes a difference. Tell her to make sure she looks at the lines that are further down. Sometimes those hardly have any people since most folk seem to go to the two closest lines.

I don't think I've ever spent more than 5 minutes going through security here.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Terminal 2 at PHX is a completely different world than T4.
It's old, outdated and one of my favorite terminals to fly to/from.

The only times I've seen lines at security are the very early departures. Usually no problems at all.
Steve
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:36 pm

Being one of the few Phoenix natives, T2 is a bit nostalgic for me. Although my first actual flights were on America West out of T3, as a kid I did go to T2 to meet relatives that were flying in or out.

A few notes:
The reason there's a ramp going down to the lower level is that prior to jetbridges, that was the gate areas. You'd walk out from there to the airstairs at the airplane.
The door to the left of the ramp going up used to lead to a rooftop observation deck.
Continental is now in what was originally the TWA gates.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alanh
Being one of the few Phoenix natives, T2 is a bit nostalgic for me. Although my first actual flights were on America West out of T3, as a kid I did go to T2 to meet relatives that were flying in or out.
T2 is nostalgic? What about T1?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by alanh

A few notes:
The reason there's a ramp going down to the lower level is that prior to jetbridges, that was the gate areas. You'd walk out from there to the airstairs at the airplane.
The door to the left of the ramp going up used to lead to a rooftop observation deck.
Continental is now in what was originally the TWA gates.
I attended a summer program at ASU in 1983. I seem to remember T2 from that trip. I believe I was flying RC (Republic), who had a hub in PHX at the time. Is my memory correct or was Republic elsewhere.

Also, I was told that the original international gates where in the building where gates C and D (talk about nostalgia) are in T2. I'm still trying to figure out why they are called C and D. Why not just number them now???
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
I've got a flight coming up

TUS(US)-PHX(UA)-DEN(UA)-MSN

How difficult is my connection going to be in PHX US(T4)-UA(T2)?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jvquarterback

I think you can get on the inter terminal bus, or even one of the parking shuttle buses. It's a pretty easy transfer. Maybe 5 minutes or so.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
So I have to go outside security? Is 1.5H a long enough connection time?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you'll be fine, if the planes are on time. Terminal 4 security can be a bit of a pain sometimes. I've never done any changing between terminals, as I always originate in Phoenix, so perhaps someone else might know another way to do it.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Yes you will have to go outside security. 1.5 hours is going to be plenty of time as long as your flight from TUS is no more than 30-45 minutes late. It's a short bus ride over to T2 and as others have said, security lines are rarely long over there. If you have the same routing coming back, it will be a bit tighter as T4 will have longer security lines.

At times I have gone through T4 securty at the D gates (WN) and walked around to the A-B (US) side faster than colleagues made it through security at the US gates.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines

Easy. When you get off your US flight, take the elevator down to the ticketing level and exit the far southwest door. There you will pick up the terminal shuttle bus. 1st stop T3, then T2. 10 mins tops.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by formeraa
I believe I was flying RC (Republic), who had a hub in PHX at the time. Is my memory correct or was Republic elsewhere. Also, I was told that the original international gates where in the building where gates C and D (talk about nostalgia) are in T2. I'm still trying to figure out why they are called C and D. Why not just number them now???
Yes, Republic Airlines did have a hub operation out of a rotunda at the south end of the T2 concourse. It was carried over from the Hughes Airwest hub operation. Best part of T2 was the roof observation deck with the giant binoculars and the endless tape loop of ATC playing in the background.

The building between T2 and T3 was once the International Terminal, where pax would walk to customs directly from the airplanes across the tarmac. It now houses some airport admin offices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.