Fastest Way to Status

Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Fastest Way to Status

I have recently started flying DCA-CHS on a regular basis. I think I already have 8 segments in the last four weeksas well as already having tickets booked for the next four weeks. I was wondering if people have advice for getting preferred status more quickly. My main concern is with being able to take standby flights without the hassle or fee. Right now I usually book the late flight on Thursday or Friday and try to get out as early as work will allow by going standby but it is expensive if you do it often. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
For the next few weeks fly CHS-CLT-DCA rather than the direct flight you will double the segment count to reach silver. Then I would return to the direct flight, because a direct is always better, and CHS sees few mainline
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The fastest way would be to buy into the trial program at $200 for 90 days of Silver and the Fast Track for earning your higher levels of status.

-- Mia
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Agree with Mia. It costs $200 right off the bat, but it'll save you a few months of aggravation.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
And at the end of the day if you fly enough, you will generally save back your $200 by not having to pay any bag fees from day 1.

I also heard there is a promo where if you buy a US Airways Club Membership they are throwing in the above promo free, or so someone at the Chairman desk told me anyways.

-- Mia
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by DCtoSC
I have recently started flying DCA-CHS on a regular basis. I think I already have 8 segments in the last four weeksas well as already having tickets booked for the next four weeks. I was wondering if people have advice for getting preferred status more quickly. My main concern is with being able to take standby flights without the hassle or fee. Right now I usually book the late flight on Thursday or Friday and try to get out as early as work will allow by going standby but it is expensive if you do it often. Any advice would be appreciated.
Same route for me and it's a grind to get your status on this route. I was lucky enough to get the 10 segments in at the end of last year's promotion.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Just buy the status. The baggage fees will be worth it - as others have said (assuming you check bags).

eeks...Lots of flights to CHS out of DCA or CLT, but only two mainline dailys - both afternoon or evening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.