US DM Membership card (not Preferred)

Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USdm, DLsm, and all the other ones
US DM Membership card (not Preferred)

I signed up for DM at the end of last year, but have still not received my membership card. All I really want to use it for is to check in at the airport, since usually I don't have the credit card I used to book (my parents').

Does US issue regular DM cards? Do they have a barcode or strip on the back for checking in? I know for example, Airtran does.

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:07 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
DM card

I never got that card either, but I was able to print out the card.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
You can use any credit card with your name on it. All the kiosk does is read the name embedded in your credit card strip.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Or write down or memorize your DM#. when you use your DM# to check in, you type it in on the kiosk touch-screen; you don't have to insert the actual card like you do with a credit card.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
As a side note, I renewed my platinum status this year and still have not received my new card.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
To answer the OP's question, yes, US Airways does indeed give out DM membership cards. Or at least they used to, because I got one way back in 2005-2006 when I first opened a FF account with them. Do they still do that, I don't know. But I definitely love to swipe that card at the kiosk when checking in, because that's the only time I ever get to use the card. Yes, it does have the magnetic strip at the back.

And as for preferred members, the average time taken to get the actual card by mail seems to be 1-2 months. Funnily enough, I received not 1, but 2 Silver preferred cards, with a month's gap between both. Go figure.

Last edited by mrwise; Mar 15, 2010 at 9:52 am Reason: Added to post

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.