Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dividend Miles Multiplier - Information and Questions [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Originally Posted by ajfitz
I think it's interesting that everyone is trying to sell miles right about now. How do FF's feel about this? I think I can see the appeal for infrequent travelers or those that need a boost for an upcoming award trip. Not sure I get it for everyone.

(But anyway you can make a dime is the name of the game
It's clearly a play for some extra cash. I can't picture using this. I have more trouble burning miles than earning them.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: USAir Gold; Delta Gold; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Could not process your request

Tried to purchase triple miles for a shuttle flight for $59. Site said it could not process my request. Wonder why....
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Prices just came down for a trip I was planning to ATL and I was offered the double and triple multiplier.
I'm going PHL-CLT-ATL and same on the return. I purchased the 2X and when the request went through my confirmation said they weren't able to process the multiplier!!
So I called the SP desk and they transferred me to someone on the internet desk. It was clear at first that she didn't know what I was talking about and had to go off and research it. It ends up that the first half (2500 miles) posted right away and the other 2500 will post after flight completion!
It will also post as a seperate charge.
Since they weren't preferred miles, I decided to only purchase the 2x instead of 3X.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: US, HHonors, QANTAS
no refund of bonus miles

Originally Posted by miakayuuki
Here is an interesting question. If you purchase the double or triple miles and miss youtr flight, what happens? Are you out the bonus money you paid?

-- Mia
According to FAQs - you still get the bonus miles, which doesn't sound right to me. See below

If my travel plans change and I don’t use my ticket, will I get a refund for my Multiplier miles?

No, Multiplier miles are non-refundable and post to your account right after you pay for them.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/...tiplier.html#6
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone know if you use this in conjunction with the 2x miles europe MC promo?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CLTAussie
According to FAQs - you still get the bonus miles, which doesn't sound right to me. See below

If my travel plans change and I don’t use my ticket, will I get a refund for my Multiplier miles?

No, Multiplier miles are non-refundable and post to your account right after you pay for them.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/...tiplier.html#6
That makes perfect sense and is the right (and easiest) solution to that problem.

This is just a simple way to purchase non-PQM Dividend Miles. A good move by US Air, United has been doing this for a long time. I have more miles than I'll burn any time soon, so I doubt I would ever purchase this. But they are smart to offer -- can't hurt at all, and doesn't dilute anything for elites.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: US Air -Chairman, National - Executive, Holiday Inn - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond
I just booked several flights and was not offered this. Is it a random offering?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by 1969corvette
Is it a random offering?
Sorry...wrong promo.

Jim
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
is it possible to get this on flights that have already been booked? I am going from MCO-Sea and would love to get some extra PQM if the price is right.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: None
According to the web site it's offered and paid for at the time of booking, so I doubt you'd be able to get it retroactively.

Jim
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rookieflyer
is it possible to get this on flights that have already been booked? I am going from MCO-Sea and would love to get some extra PQM if the price is right.
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
According to the web site it's offered and paid for at the time of booking, so I doubt you'd be able to get it retroactively.
And either way it's only for RDM not EQM/PQM
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Just received a promo email on this plus link....

Speed your way to an award ticket
Double or triple your miles with Dividend Miles Multiplier multiplier

Now you can double or triple your miles every time you fly for as little as $9.

First, go to usairways.com and book a flight. Make sure you're logged in (or that you enter your Dividend Miles number when you enter your ‘passenger information'). When you get to the last step, you'll see Dividend Miles Multiplier and we'll estimate the total miles for your trip.

Here's how we calculate your miles:

Flight miles (includes segment minimums for Preferred members & all Shuttle flights)
+ Class-of-service bonus (if it applies)
+ Preferred bonus miles (if it applies)
= Total miles

Learn more
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
The multiplier can ony be used on flights booked on US Air website.

Some of the most common questions answered:

What if my flight is cancelled and I’m re-accommodated on a different flight or even a different airline?

There is no change to Multiplier miles, which we calculate based on your original trip and post immediately to your account. However, your flight miles will be based on your actual trip and the airline you fly.

Can I multiply my miles on a codeshare flight?

Yes, you may multiply miles on any qualifying trip you book on usairways.com.

More info here http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/...tiplier.html#5
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:21 pm

Seems like a Gimmick

I got the e-mail today and like others, tested with a dummy booking.

The offer worked out to ~ 2 cents/mile -- far more than the share/buy deal not to mention the TIB promo from last fall.

Also, not sure why they wouldn't allow retro purchases You can buy a refundable fare, buy the miles, and then refund the ticket. Per the terms, multiplier miles are non-refundable. And, like I said, it's a bad deal compared to other options.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by lan0172
I got the e-mail today and like others, tested with a dummy booking.

The offer worked out to ~ 2 cents/mile -- far more than the share/buy deal not to mention the TIB promo from last fall.
That depends. I'm GP. For a PHX-PHL-PHX round trip, my double and triple miles costs are about 2cpm. For a PHX-BOS-PHL-LHR-PHL-LAS-PHX route the double (18852 for $379) is about 2.5cpm but the triple (37704 for $599) is 1.5cpm. If I were CP and the cost remained the same (doubtful, I'm sure), then it may be an even better deal. So find the cheapest MR's available and you could come out a winner.

Absent of promos (the TIB rate plus 250% was unprecedented), if you are going to fly anyway and want extra, it's cheaper than the 2.75cpm standard rate for buying miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.