Wiki Posts
Search

A321 F Window Seats Uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
A321 F Window Seats Uncomfortable

What is the deal with the massive gap between the window seat and the window in F? I was on a redeye last night and you have nothing to lean on, it is SUPER uncomfortable. I'd rather have less pitch on an A319 and be right next to the window to sleep.

What's the deal?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
I hated that gap on my PHX-CLT flight. Though it did end up being a nice place to stuff the pillow that I didn't use.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
I agree, pretty brutal. I've been tinkering with the idea of a large blow-up pillow (yes pillow )

HTSC
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Yeah, I just jam the pillow in there. Usually the best move.

Of course, it beats the window seats in Y, so I'm not complaining.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Devyan1
What is the deal with the massive gap between the window seat and the window in F? I was on a redeye last night and you have nothing to lean on, it is SUPER uncomfortable. I'd rather have less pitch on an A319 and be right next to the window to sleep.

What's the deal?

Agreed. The A321's have always had that gap, even since the new F seats were put in -- although I suspect that the new seats have actually increased that gap. And those new headrests are annoying because they push your head forward almost two inches. Who came up with that?

BTW, which red-eye were you on last night?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by tommyleo
Agreed. The A321's have always had that gap, even since the new F seats were put in -- although I suspect that the new seats have actually increased that gap. And those new headrests are annoying because they push your head forward almost two inches. Who came up with that?

BTW, which red-eye were you on last night?
I flew TUS-PHX-LAS-CLT-JAX

LAS-CLT was the red eye portion
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
There are some A321s without the uncomfortable headrests that push your head out 2". I do hate those new headrests.

I actually find 1A and 1F on the A321 very comfortable to sleep in on redeyes. Jam a pillow against the window, use the magazine pocket as a footrest and I can sleep the whole flight!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: US Chairman
I noticed the same thing in the A321 this morning. Sitting in 1A, I was not able to lean against the window because of the large gap, so I stuffed the pillow in there. I do like the fact that the headrests can be formed around your head so you don't wake up with a stiff neck.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:45 pm

I cant find the other threads where others and I talked about this.

I think we are all in agreement. these seats suck for sleeping. these are the same seats AM uses on there 737's and CO is starting introduce them on their new 739's. AA uses something similar on some AC.

they are the worst for redeyes. id much rather have the other ABi's with the older seats. even the US east seats that dont have winged headrests.

all that said however, i guess if you prefer sitting in the aisle, not leaning on the wall is no big deal. if im in an aisle, i definetely prefer operable winged headrests.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Originally Posted by dlen111
operable winged headrests.
Much more important than distance to window.
Availability of winged headrests is the decisive factor for me, whether I am going to sleep or not.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: US-CP/SPG-Plat
Overall I find the 321's LESS confortable

Overall I find the seats on the 321's in first to be much less comfortable then the 320's and 319's - I get the feeling that with the 319's and 320's as you recline, the seat moves forward, not so with the 321's - how is it with a more modern plane the seats are less comfortable?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC
I agree, pretty brutal. I've been tinkering with the idea of a large blow-up pillow (yes pillow )

HTSC
I have an inflatable pillow(complete with a warm and a cool side) which goes into a stuff sack about 2X3in. It is large enough when inflated to bridge the gap between bulhead and FC seats. The best 25 bucks I ever spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.