Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CP USAIR Dividend Miles, Priority Club Platinum , Am Ex Membership Rewards, American AAdvantage
Star Alliance

Sorry for being naive - but this is all new to me.
What is the easiest way to use my CP/*AG status to book on CO?
Does it have to be done by phone or online?
I am CP but need to get some non stop on CO to EWR.
How does CO even know I am CP to give me access to priority seating.

Elderly mother alone in NJ and know I am going to have to get there quickly from LAS without connections.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Sorry, I can't answer about booking on CO but AFAIK you are not supposed to receive preferred seats on CO (or any *A carrier for that matter) just like their elites are not supposed to get "preferred" seats on US.

In practice, however, many have indicated that if you're being nice you may get a friendly GA or TA who would be willing to put you into a better seat. That's pretty much pure luck though as they don't have to/they're not supposed to. YMMV.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CP USAIR Dividend Miles, Priority Club Platinum , Am Ex Membership Rewards, American AAdvantage
Maybe I should have said priority seating.
Can I get exit row seats on CO using Star Alliance gold?
Really does not matter - need the flight anyway but want to try to get
what I can with the status.

THANKS.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by smkidsap
Maybe I should have said priority seating.
Can I get exit row seats on CO using Star Alliance gold?
Really does not matter - need the flight anyway but want to try to get
what I can with the status.

THANKS.
Already answered. Regardless of what it's called, you aren't entitled to exit rows on CO (or another *A carrier) with your US Star Gold / Chairman's status. Once booked, you may be able to reach a phone agent at CO who will give you a priority/preferred/advantageous/whatever we want to call it seat assignment but it isn't likely. In the very near future, CO and UA elites will have access to preferred seating on either airline (including Economy Plus on UA) but US is left out of that party.

You can book through any channel you wish - directly on CO's website or on the US or UA website if it lists a codeshare CO flight - any of those would be preferrable. You can enter your Dividend Miles # during the booking process on most any *A carrier's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.