3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

 
Old Mar 30, 12, 12:03 pm
  #166  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ILG
Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Posts: 146
Has there been any new info on this?
149113 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 12, 7:42 pm
  #167  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Posts: 2,749
The best I can find still is the 1000 mile offer:

Now through May 31, 2012, Dividend Miles members can earn 1,000 bonus miles on rentals of 3 or more days.

Offer valid on all car groups at participating airports in the U.S. and Canada.
Use coupon # MUAA017 and provide your Dividend Miles number at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive your bonus miles. These miles are in addition to the base miles you receive every time you rent with Avis.
bkafrick is offline  
Old Mar 31, 12, 12:50 pm
  #168  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Programs: US Airways
Posts: 74
Count me as confused...

today I went to http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...rpreferred2011

went to book as it says THROUGH Dec 2012...

when I book it says expired though.
jasoninaz is offline  
Old Apr 1, 12, 9:33 pm
  #169  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Posts: 2,749
Hmm... Interesting.

Besides clicking on that weblink, can you get to that page directly from the AVIS.com page? i.e. how would an average user find the page?

Im just curious if we can bring this up to avis, easily?
bkafrick is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 12:15 am
  #170  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Programs: US Airways
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
Hmm... Interesting.

Besides clicking on that weblink, can you get to that page directly from the AVIS.com page? i.e. how would an average user find the page?

Im just curious if we can bring this up to avis, easily?
If you are silver it is a link when you log in at usairways.. lower left.. says special offers for silver preferred..
jasoninaz is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 9:09 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ILG
Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Posts: 146
Originally Posted by jasoninaz View Post
Count me as confused...

today I went to http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...rpreferred2011

went to book as it says THROUGH Dec 2012...

when I book it says expired though.
Getting the same error message.
149113 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 3:27 pm
  #172  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Posts: 2,749
FROM AVIS:

Case #xxxxx
RE: Error on Expiration for US Airways Coupon XXXXX

Dear bkafrick,

Thank you for contacting the Avis E-mail Customer Service team with your customer service inquiry.

We appreciate customers who let us know when things are not right. After reviewing the attached link for US Airways carefully, we have determined that you are absolutely correct. Based on the information available, it appears that the coupon indeed expires on 31DEC12 and not 31MAR12. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I have submitted to our IT Staff to be aware of the issue and working for a resolution. We appreciate your patience during this process.

We appreciate your taking the time to report your experience to us. You have helped in a continuing effort to provide you, and all Avis customers, with the service you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us, and we look forward to assisting you with your future rentals.

Sincerely,


XXXX XXXX
Avis Email Customer Service Representative [email protected]
1-800-352-7900
FAX: 303-824-3050

Last edited by aztimm; Apr 2, 12 at 5:08 pm Reason: removed any identifying info
bkafrick is offline  
Old Apr 4, 12, 2:28 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 1,435
Awesome! Keep us posted when you hear anything from them. The coupon is still showing as invalid when I enter it on Avis.com

Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
FROM AVIS:

Case #xxxxx
RE: Error on Expiration for US Airways Coupon XXXXX

Dear bkafrick,

Thank you for contacting the Avis E-mail Customer Service team with your customer service inquiry.

We appreciate customers who let us know when things are not right. After reviewing the attached link for US Airways carefully, we have determined that you are absolutely correct. Based on the information available, it appears that the coupon indeed expires on 31DEC12 and not 31MAR12. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I have submitted to our IT Staff to be aware of the issue and working for a resolution. We appreciate your patience during this process.

We appreciate your taking the time to report your experience to us. You have helped in a continuing effort to provide you, and all Avis customers, with the service you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us, and we look forward to assisting you with your future rentals.

Sincerely,


XXXX XXXX
Avis Email Customer Service Representative [email protected]
1-800-352-7900
FAX: 303-824-3050
beofotch is offline  
Old Apr 4, 12, 7:31 pm
  #174  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 1,627
Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
FROM AVIS:

Case #xxxxx
RE: Error on Expiration for US Airways Coupon XXXXX

Dear bkafrick,

Thank you for contacting the Avis E-mail Customer Service team with your customer service inquiry.

We appreciate customers who let us know when things are not right. After reviewing the attached link for US Airways carefully, we have determined that you are absolutely correct. Based on the information available, it appears that the coupon indeed expires on 31DEC12 and not 31MAR12. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I have submitted to our IT Staff to be aware of the issue and working for a resolution. We appreciate your patience during this process.

We appreciate your taking the time to report your experience to us. You have helped in a continuing effort to provide you, and all Avis customers, with the service you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us, and we look forward to assisting you with your future rentals.

Sincerely,


XXXX XXXX
Avis Email Customer Service Representative [email protected]
1-800-352-7900
FAX: 303-824-3050
What coupon code did you reference in your email. You listed coupon code "XXXXX" in the subject of your email, which I don't think is a valild coupon code at all.
starflyer is offline  
Old Apr 7, 12, 11:21 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Posts: 2,749
Originally Posted by starflyer View Post
What coupon code did you reference in your email. You listed coupon code "XXXXX" in the subject of your email, which I don't think is a valild coupon code at all.
MUAA044, of course.

I didnt XXXXX out my post. Weird. Looks like aztimm did. Didnt know it was unacceptable to post case number, agent name, and coupon code? We post coupon code stuff all the time on the AVIS FT Forum. Hmm... Timm?
bkafrick is offline  
Old Apr 7, 12, 12:10 pm
  #176  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PWM, BOS
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Posts: 850
Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
MUAA044, of course.

I didnt XXXXX out my post. Weird. Looks like aztimm did. Didnt know it was unacceptable to post case number, agent name, and coupon code? We post coupon code stuff all the time on the AVIS FT Forum. Hmm... Timm?
Agent name unacceptable...probably just X'd out everything in a hurry.
PWMFlyer19 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 12, 3:45 pm
  #177  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Posts: 2,749
Heres the latest:



4/7/12

Case #999999999
RE: Error on Expiration Date for US Airways Coupon MUAA044


Dear bkafrick,

I appreciate your patience during our investigation regarding US AIRWAYS Coupon MUAA044 (US AIRWAYS for 3000 Bonus Miles).

After further investigation, the expiration date was correct to expire 3/31/12 and not 12/31/12. However, Marketing has decided to extend the offer till 2/28/13 and will not be able to be shown on the website till Monday, 09APR12 by 1200noon. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and appreciate your patience during this process.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us, and we look forward to assisting you with your future rentals.

Sincerely,


Xxxx Xxxx
Avis Email Customer Service Representative [email protected]
1-800-352-7900
FAX: 303-824-3050
bkafrick is offline  
Old Apr 7, 12, 10:57 pm
  #178  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Posts: 483
Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
Heres the latest:



4/7/12

Case #999999999
RE: Error on Expiration Date for US Airways Coupon MUAA044


Dear bkafrick,

I appreciate your patience during our investigation regarding US AIRWAYS Coupon MUAA044 (US AIRWAYS for 3000 Bonus Miles).

After further investigation, the expiration date was correct to expire 3/31/12 and not 12/31/12. However, Marketing has decided to extend the offer till 2/28/13 and will not be able to be shown on the website till Monday, 09APR12 by 1200noon. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and appreciate your patience during this process.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us, and we look forward to assisting you with your future rentals.

Sincerely,


Xxxx Xxxx
Avis Email Customer Service Representative [email protected]
1-800-352-7900
FAX: 303-824-3050
Great news! I tried updating this weeks reservation with MUAA044 , no love yet. I'm picking up my car Monday @ 2:00. I guess I'll have them switch the code when I pick it up.
Thanks bkafrik
joediver is offline  
Old Apr 10, 12, 10:24 am
  #179  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Posts: 483
Originally Posted by joediver View Post
Great news! I tried updating this weeks reservation with MUAA044 , no love yet. I'm picking up my car Monday @ 2:00. I guess I'll have them switch the code when I pick it up.
Thanks bkafrik
Picked up my car on Monday at 2:00 and MUAA044 was still coming up "Expired". Guess I'll try again next week.
joediver is offline  
Old Apr 10, 12, 11:37 am
  #180  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
Posts: 54
Tried updating my next weeks reservation and MUAA044 worked. Looks like it should work from here on out.
BOSstorageguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: