Gold with only 37k qualifying miles

Old Jan 8, 10, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Gold with only 37k qualifying miles

Hi,

I just checked my US account and it says I'm a Gold member. I was silver almost the whole of 2009 and didn't fly after that. I had a total of something like 37000 qualifying miles.

Did I miss a promotion,or is it a mistake on there part.

Also how long will it take on average before you get your new preferred card?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 10, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
Hi,

I just checked my US account and it says I'm a Gold member. I was silver almost the whole of 2009 and didn't fly after that. I had a total of something like 37000 qualifying miles.

Thanks
sounds like "Race to Preferred" -- If over 15K of you 37K were Oct 1 - Dec 24 then that was the promo -- automatic enrollment too --- Congrats on gold.
Old Jan 9, 10, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whatsthisbutton4 View Post
sounds like "Race to Preferred" -- If over 15K of you 37K were Oct 1 - Dec 24 then that was the promo -- automatic enrollment too --- Congrats on gold.
Hmm didn't fly after May of 2009
Old Jan 9, 10, 8:44 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Hi,

This kind of thing seems to happen every year for reason.
Old Jan 9, 10, 11:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Same thing happened to me. I earned about 60k EQMs and only flew once during the Race to Preferred on United for about 12k EQMs. Somehow 2 days ago I got Platinum status and even better when I called to buy up to Chairmans they offered a much lower rate than I expected!
Old Jan 9, 10, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Cool

Does anyone know if they are able to make/print you a new preferred card at the airport(LAX)?
Old Jan 9, 10, 11:54 am

Cool

Does anyone know if they are able to make/print you a new preferred card at the airport(LAX)?
No, but you can print one from your computer. If you are logged into the My Account page there is a link to the right under Quick Links to reprint your card. If you are logged in this direct link may work: https://membership.usairways.com/Create/PrintCard.aspx

EDIT: The reprint card function seems to be broken.
Old Jan 9, 10, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uva185 View Post
No, but you can print one from your computer. If you are logged into the My Account page there is a link to the right under Quick Links to reprint your card. If you are logged in this direct link may work: https://membership.usairways.com/Create/PrintCard.aspx

EDIT: The reprint card function seems to be broken.
I want the plastic card so bad

Anyone that can give me the gold support phone number? Thanks!

I'm leaving the 19th to go to Europe
Old Jan 9, 10, 1:01 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Anyone that can give me the gold support phone number? Thanks!

I'm leaving the 19th to go to Europe
Here's a thread that will help you get to the Gold desk. Enjoy your trip to Europe. Are you flying through PHL? If so be sure to go to the Envoy lounge (now accessible since you're gold) as it's considered by many as one of the best things about US.
Old Jan 9, 10, 2:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite 50; US Airways Silver Gift; AA Usedtabe; UA Never Was; Delta Never if I can help it
These things always burn me... I only had 39,000 EQM this year (economic conditions kept me grounded for the first 4 and last 3 months of the year.)

I asked if it would be possible to be kept at Gold without having to buy up since it's more money than I can afford to spend (roughly $800). I mentioned that I've been elite for many years, several of them as CP before dropping to Gold last year when the economy softened and I traveled less. I also mentioned that I've stuck with them through some tough times and hoped that now that times were tough for me they would return the favor.

Their response?
"We can certainly understand changes during the last year, however, we
have an on-going obligation to our most frequent flyers, to uphold the
integrity of this program.

The role of Customer Relations is not to override the policies in place,
but to document the concerns of our valued customers for review in
consideration of future changes. Thank you for taking the time to write
of your concerns regarding this Dividend Miles policy."

I would understand if they really did uphold the integrity of the program, but with their zeal to sell status to the highest bidder and their random acts of kindness in granting status, I don't see that they have any integrity at all.

Just one more reason to go to UA or CO... neither will match status from a fellow *A carrier, but I'll do whatever challenge is necessary. I may even transfer to Air Canada (I think you need 35,000 miles for *G and I fly to Toronto 5 times a year.)
Old Jan 9, 10, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by BostonMark View Post
I may even transfer to Air Canada (I think you need 35,000 miles for *G and I fly to Toronto 5 times a year.)
That would also entitle you to lounge access on all domestic trips within the US. ^
Old Jan 9, 10, 8:21 pm

Hi,

Thanks
i did not fly US january-june, but i had 27K EQM july-december and i am still listed as gold (which i earned with segments on '08).

dunno why, but i'm glad. did statuses reset 1/1/10 or do they take effect at a later date????
Old Jan 9, 10, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by squatch View Post
i did not fly US january-june, but i had 27K EQM july-december and i am still listed as gold (which i earned with segments on '08).

dunno why, but i'm glad. did statuses reset 1/1/10 or do they take effect at a later date????
Status expires on 2/28/10
Old Jan 9, 10, 8:50 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by uva185 View Post
Status expires on 2/28/10
To add: Miles/segments for getting status reset on 1/1 of each year, but they give 2 months extra with actual status to allow time for miles/segments earned at the end of the year to post before determining the new year's status.

Jim
Old Jan 9, 10, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USPhilly View Post
Here's a thread that will help you get to the Gold desk. Enjoy your trip to Europe. Are you flying through PHL? If so be sure to go to the Envoy lounge (now accessible since you're gold) as it's considered by many as one of the best things about US.
Thanks for your reply.

Will I be able to get into the Envoy club, even though I payed for my(and my GF's) flight with miles?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: