Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jan 10 Race to Preferred Date Firm?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Well, I'm thoroughly confused how I made Gold.

I easily qualified as Silver based on segments but fell well short on miles (to Silver status...nowhere near Gold). And more than half of my travel was on UA metal, not US. Did you have to sign up for the "Race to Preferred" promotion because I don't remember doing that (although I did sign up for the Grand Slam promotion...worthless to me).

I'm not complaining. And my excitement is short lived seeing how many other people here got the bump. Maybe those upgrades won't come through after all.

ETA: I found another thread that had a link to the promo. I only qualified for Silver. Must have been a gift from the US gods.

Last edited by bitburgr; Jan 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
My account was randomly upgraded from Gold to Platinum today. I only earned about 60k EQMs this year. I wonder if there was a glitch in Race to Preferred.

I only made one trip during the Race to Preferred promo which was on United for 12,855 miles.

EDIT: I just called and they let me buy up to CP for $800. I am not sure where they gor that price from since it doesn't even correspond to any of the buy up prices listed online but I am happy nonetheless!

http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/divi...preferred.html

Last edited by uva185; Jan 7, 2010 at 6:11 pm
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by uva185

EDIT: I just called and they let me buy up to CP for $800. I am not sure where they gor that price from since it doesn't even correspond to any of the buy up prices listed online but I am happy nonetheless!

http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/divi...preferred.html

Not me, I just made gold. Called and they quoted the web price of $2K+ to upgrade to platinum and $2900 to upgrade to CP.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
First post... apologizing in advance for being a noob.

Today is Jan. 10. I qualified for Silver in Dec. (based on 30 segments, hit 32 total for the year). I just started my new job on Sept. 15, so almost all of my travel was done in Q4 last year.

I hit 20 segments from 10/1 to 12/25 for Race to Preferred. I should be hitting gold... yet have not received anything yet.

I am a little worried that I haven't received anything yet. Should I call?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by seravaf
First post... apologizing in advance for being a noob.

Today is Jan. 10. I qualified for Silver in Dec. (based on 30 segments, hit 32 total for the year). I just started my new job on Sept. 15, so almost all of my travel was done in Q4 last year.

I hit 20 segments from 10/1 to 12/25 for Race to Preferred. I should be hitting gold... yet have not received anything yet.

I am a little worried that I haven't received anything yet. Should I call?
Were all 20 segments on US metal ? If so are they all showing up on your dividend miles webpage ? If so I would call
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
No, 18 of them were on US metal... the other two were United but they posted in my Dividend Miles account before the 12/25 ending date? Even so, it said all activity needed to be posted by 12/29 for it to count. It did that, clearly.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by seravaf
No, 18 of them were on US metal... the other two were United but they posted in my Dividend Miles account before the 12/25 ending date? Even so, it said all activity needed to be posted by 12/29 for it to count. It did that, clearly.
Segments had to be all US Metal to qualify. No code shares allowed.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: US-Gold, HH-Gold, Marriott-Gold, and a bunch of random others
Any word on if this promo will run again?

Also, not sure if previously mentioned, but hotels seem to be upgrading to higher statuses quite a bit. I was short 7 stays last year for Hilton gold, but kept it all last year. I was short 3 nights on Marriott, and kept that as well. I do stay at those hotels over others (Starwoods, for instance) since I have gold. It is smart on their part!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: US CP and 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; MARRIOTT PLAT
Do the miles also have to be on US metal? My wife had 24K miles during the period but some of it was on *A.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by matthans
Do the miles also have to be on US metal? My wife had 24K miles during the period but some of it was on *A.
Yes! Flights had to be on US or US Express aircraft!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:03 pm

On both my flights yesterday (BWI-CLT, CLT-PHX) it seemed like have the plane was zone 1.

Seems like a lot of people got bumped to Gold / Platinum etc.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Originally Posted by thom28201
Any word on if this promo will run again?
I would assume so, they've been running it for the past 3 years, at least. Until this year, however, there was a fee attached to the program and you were only allowed to participate every other year. The fee varied depending on how many levels you planned to jump. The first year I participated I believe I paid $200, plus flying the required miles, for a jump from silver to platinum. It was nice to see them drop the fee...and I made my CP this time...and got my uprades today for PHL-PHX, PHX-ANC next Friday!!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
On both my flights yesterday (BWI-CLT, CLT-PHX) it seemed like have the plane was zone 1.

Seems like a lot of people got bumped to Gold / Platinum etc.
Lots of elites out flying on Fridays... particualrly on that CLT-PHX flight.

It would be interesting to see the HARD numbers on elites 2009 vs. elites 2010.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: US Air Chariman, Intercontinental Royal Amb, Hilton S, Starwood Gold, Nexus, Global Entry,Avis First
Got my CP on Jan 1st......
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005
Lots of elites out flying on Fridays... particualrly on that CLT-PHX flight.

It would be interesting to see the HARD numbers on elites 2009 vs. elites 2010.
It was a Thursday flight ... but yea - I was lucky enough to get 1st on the bwi-clt leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.