Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reinstate Miles by flying United ticket on US Air Metal?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Thrifty, Avis, HHonors Gold
Reinstate Miles by flying United ticket on US Air Metal?

Hi,

United just re-routed me onto US Airways for a small flight (Den to CLT and CLT to RDU).

My dividend miles account recently got deactivated and i can reinstate it by purchasing and flying a us airways flight.

If its a united ticketed flight with us dividend miles number on us airways metal would that count?

I know its a long shot, just asking.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold, UA 1P , Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
It should, just make sure the GA have your FF info.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aegean Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
If it's a US flight then it should count. Just make sure you post it to your dividend miles account.

If your flight has multiple segments and mixing between US and United, be aware that it can be tricky to get different segments posting to different ff accounts. If that is the case, you may want to avoid putting any ff number in at all and then claiming the segment manually (first with US).
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Thrifty, Avis, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rjacket
If it's a US flight then it should count. Just make sure you post it to your dividend miles account.

If your flight has multiple segments and mixing between US and United, be aware that it can be tricky to get different segments posting to different ff accounts. If that is the case, you may want to avoid putting any ff number in at all and then claiming the segment manually (first with US).
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately the chaos of the flights got the best of me and I didn't get a chance to switch anything. Can I coerce US Air to re-post a CLT to RDU segment to US Airways from United Mileage Plus AFTER the flight has occured? How do I do that if so?

Long shot, i know. Half of me wonders if i care because US Air pissed me off yet again (sit at CLT for 60+ minutes waiting on crew that could have rode on the flight 120 mins from ours, but no, we waited... and waited. Nothing like a segment's time being doubled while ON the plane due to no issue other than waiting on other crew that 'needed to get to RDU to fly tomorrow.' No mechanical, weather, etc problems, just a crew that needed a ride. Why waste so many people's time by delaying it an hour, Oh US Air.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:05 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Not if the boading pass shows your UA #.

Originally Posted by ardent
Can I coerce US Air to re-post a CLT to RDU segment to US Airways from United Mileage Plus AFTER the flight has occured? .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.