Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone at PHL today (Saturday)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by treznor
What did these flights that diverted to PIT do?
PIT does have customs/immigration, but it may have taken a while to get everyone cleared.

Jim
Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:26 pm

I was on US 482 DEN-PHL on Saturday. We left on time from DEN but were told that PHL was a mess. The pilot said the conditions were acceptable for landing but they closed the airport before we could so we were diverted to PIT with 8-10 other flights (at least 3 were TA).

I can't complain about US (PHL airport is another story). I found a hotel and called the preferred desk. Was only on hold for 5 minutes and had a flight and seat in F shortly thereafter. Yesterday wasn't pretty. PIT was a mess and my 1145 turned into 1545 with another 2 hours on the plane waiting for clearance. Apparently, PHL didn't open until noon. Taxiways were still a mess when we got there. My bags made it and I got out of the airport about 2000 hrs.

I spoke to a passenger on a flight from FCO. They were diverted to PIT and had to wait for 3 hours on the tarmac for Customs to arrive.

Maybe PHL will get a bigger snowplow for Christmas.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hbhakh
Maybe PHL will get a bigger snowplow for Christmas.
In fairness to the PHL airport authority (which, admittedly, nobody believes is one of the world's best run airports), PHL got WAY more snow than the airports in WAS and NYC. Almost 2 feet.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
No need to be respectful toward Philadelphia. Philadelphians hate everyone else.

We do?

News to me.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, good luck! John's post sparked my curiosity. At 12:35 -- almost 3 hours after scheduled departure -- his flight is still showing "awaiting takeoff."

At least the conditions in FC seem more than adequate.
Just returned from a great trip to SXM and got very lucky with our flights. The PHL-SXM left just around 3 hours late on Saturday - but the FAs could not have been any better. Unfortunately, there was a couple in front of us who asked about every 15 minutes when were we going to take off. They got on everyone's nerves, including the FAs. All they did was complain about the delay.

The PHL-SXM flight was canceled on Sunday, so our trip would have also been canceled had we not been fortunate enough to get out on Saturday. When we came back to the states yesterday (Wednesday), there were several folks on the flight (SXM-CLT) who had been trying to get out of SXM for a few days. The couple across from us on the plane had been scheduled to fly SXM-PHL on Saturday, but that was canceled, along with the Sunday flight. Then the earliest thing they could get was Wednesday.

I think I need to buy some Powerball tickets given how lucky we got with our flights during the storm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.