PHL-ANC Non-stop Next Summer!!

Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
PHL-ANC Non-stop Next Summer!!

According to this article US will start seasonal non-stop service between PHL and ANC next summer, operated with a TA 757.

Jim
Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
According to this article US will start seasonal non-stop service between PHL and ANC next summer, operated with a TA 757.

Jim
Very cool. Might be a good domestic MR in the future.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy

Jim
I wasn't aware US had purchased or leased a 752 from TACA.

Originally Posted by SaveDelta
Very cool. Might be a good domestic MR in the future.
Not sure if the CPM will make it MR worthy because it's such a long thin route. CO tried a seasonal EWR-ANC non-stop several years ago and fares were never cheap. It only lasted one season as well so I don't think it was very profitable. IIRC CO used a 73G so perhaps US can make it work with a 752 and hopefully can fill them up.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
MR for CPM may not be good, but quite a few miles and falls under domestic upgrades was my thinking.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Priority Club
A good and interesting move. Seems like US is shifting a lot of their seasonal Atlantic summer capacity from PHL to other parts of the network (CLT-HNL, CLT-FCO, CLT-CDG, PHL-ANC, etc) in recent months. I guess the boys in Tempe realize that opening up a whole bunch of Atlantic markets on a seasonal basis is not a trivial expense.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SaveDelta
MR for CPM may not be good, but quite a few miles and falls under domestic upgrades was my thinking.
Yup, would be great to get upgraded to the Envoy seats.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
That's pretty awesome news. In my experience, fares to ANC are rarely MR-worthy (except for mistake fares). And the A fares are higher than I'm willing to pay, at least on the PHX-ANC route.

I assume they won't provide IFE in the first class cabin. Has anyone seen otherwise with other domestic routes operated by the TATL 757?

I'm looking forward to maybe giving this a go towards the fall shoulder season, if it's still running (would prefer they extend the run by 3-7 days, but I'll take what I can get).
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Yup, would be great to get upgraded to the Envoy seats.
I wouldn't count on it. Can't speak for US but when CO was running from EWR the front was always sold out. ANC/YVR are heavy with cruise passengers willing to shell out upgrade fees on their package cruises
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by vysean
I assume they won't provide IFE in the first class cabin. Has anyone seen otherwise with other domestic routes operated by the TATL 757?
I flew a TATL 757 from PHX-PHL. It shows up as 10:05 AM flight on Saturdays I believe. I have also seen it going to Florida in the winter months(solely based on seat maps). I believe when US was running a 757 from PHL-SEA it showed up there a few times as well.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
I wasn't aware US had purchased or leased a 752 from TACA.

No, US does not have any lease the 757 aircraft coming from TA. Only where US 757 coming from TATL flight will be inbound into PHL.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PHLstudent
I flew a TATL 757 from PHX-PHL. It shows up as 10:05 AM flight on Saturdays I believe. I have also seen it going to Florida in the winter months(solely based on seat maps). I believe when US was running a 757 from PHL-SEA it showed up there a few times as well.
Sorry, I meant has anyone seen the dig-e-players offered on domestic routes using the TATL 757?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is good news for Star Alliance lubbers in the eastern part of the country who were upset when UA pulled out of ANC.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by vysean
Sorry, I meant has anyone seen the dig-e-players offered on domestic routes using the TATL 757?
Not sure what they will do. However, I have been on domestic route for a TATL 757. It was IRROPS mx plane swap. They used IFE for safety video briefing. However, they did not use it for IFE like you mention. My understanding is that they can not due to company policy...it can not be used on domestic routes. My understading also is that they did not buy licensing for the operation of the content for domestic routes, so they would be in violation of their contracts to use it on domestic routes even if it is available on the equiptment (but this is why they can use the safety video since its theirs). Hope this helps!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CMK10
This is good news for Star Alliance lubbers in the eastern part of the country who were upset when UA pulled out of ANC.
You know better than do that. I think its nice to see more capacity growth from PHL-ANC nonstop. I know it is shorter the route than CVG-ANC with weight restricted. Is that US to became first-ever nonstop PHL-ANC? Hasn't US never been flown out PHL/CLT-ANC before.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:08 pm
EAL

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Virgin America Elevate
Awesome! Good for USAirways for picking up new routes and looking to expand the best they can! Now if they would only get some IFE on domestic flights, that would be great! I hear a lot of employees at US are upset there's not IFE as it is a HUGE disadvantage for them. I just took a VX flight last weekend...WOW! Talk about incredible! Having grown up in the PHL area, I do have a soft spot for US though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.