Wiki Posts
Search

Up to a 250% Holiday Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by derby44
Hope someone can help me---when I click on Bose--only 4-6 high priced items show up----how do I get the low priced cables? There doesn't seem to be a way out of the high priced page. Thanks for your help.
1. Add headphones to cart. Click "continue shopping."

2. Do a search for the audio cable and add those to cart.

3. Remove headphones from cart.

Mike
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
FTD question: I couldn't find anything in the T&C to say that gift cards don't earn miles (unlike Skymiles, where they are specifically excluded). Can anyone see something that I don't? I may have to contact US Airways to get an answer.

Mike
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold; US TIB; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeef
FTD question: I couldn't find anything in the T&C to say that gift cards don't earn miles
When browsing from the US link, FTD normally shows you how many miles you'll earn on any given item. If it shows you how many miles you'll earn, it's a fairly safe assumption that it will count.

Be careful about shipping fees though - they add up quick, and I couldn't find any way to bundle multiple GCs into a single shipment.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
1. Add headphones to cart. Click "continue shopping."

2. Do a search for the audio cable and add those to cart.

3. Remove headphones from cart.

Mike
Thanks very much mikeef--I completed the trasaction and then went for the big one---hope all the points post correctly---if not it will become an expensive lesson.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by derby44
Thanks very much mikeef--I completed the trasaction and then went for the big one---hope all the points post correctly---if not it will become an expensive lesson.
This is why I've been trying to figure out how to make sure they are tracking. Anybody know?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by abcx
This is why I've been trying to figure out how to make sure they are tracking. Anybody know?
If you are looking for a NW-style promo counter, you are not going to find one at US Airways. You will need to track the promotion yourself by reviewing your US Airways DM activity.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
If you are looking for a NW-style promo counter, you are not going to find one at US Airways. You will need to track the promotion yourself by reviewing your US Airways DM activity.
No, I meant tracking online shopping purchases - like Priority Club has a PC shopping site where your order details show up as pending/tracking before they post to your account. I thought US would have something similar, but I haven't found anything so far.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:07 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
FTD question: I couldn't find anything in the T&C to say that gift cards don't earn miles (unlike Skymiles, where they are specifically excluded). Can anyone see something that I don't? I may have to contact US Airways to get an answer.
Contacting US Airways would be fairly useless, FTD is the one who determines on what purchases miles are awarded, they are the ones to contact.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:20 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Now that the morons at Wine Insiders have posted my September purchase as 2 transactions dated 11/30 (one for the 4 miles/dollar spent and another for the 1,000 mile sign-up bonus, I'm getting nervous that my TrackItBack purchase could end up being #11. Considering the big bucks I was planning on spending, that would be very, very bad.

Anyone know what TrackItBack's return policy is for unopened/unused merchandise?
I decided to call. The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and apparently very knowledgeable. He said that unopened/unused items could be returned for a full refund, if they are sent back in a reasonable amount of time.

Miles are processed weekly. Orders from Wednesday to Tuesday are reported to US Air DM each Wednesday. He told me that an order placed today would be reported to US Air DM tomorrow. I believe someone else indicated their miles posted on a Thursday, so I am expecting this will only take 2 days to post! Sweet! I'm in for 840,000 miles (yes, I've lost my mind).

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Dec 1, 2009 at 6:26 pm
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:23 pm

I decided to call. The gentleman I poke with was very nice and apparently very knowledgeable. He said that unopened/unused items could be returned for a full refund, if they are sent back in a reasonable amount of time.

Miles are processed weekly. Orders from Wednesday to Tuesday are reported to US Air DM each Wednesday. He told me that an order placed today would be reported to US Air DM tomorrow. I believe someone else indicated their miles posted on a Thursday, so I am expecting this will only take 2 days to post! Sweet! I'm in for 840,000 miles (yes, I've lost my mind).
How fast do other purchases like restaurant.com, GAIAM, etc. post?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Here's my experience so far:

24 November - Purchased:
GAIAM
Barnes & Noble (via US DM Shopping Mall)
Restaurant.com (via ThanksAgain)
Bose

30 November - Received:
Barnes & Noble
Bose
(GAIAM and Restaurant.com are no/e-delivery, so already received)

01 December - Credited:
ThanksAgain (w/ an 11/26 activity date)

I'm expecting the Bose, GAIAM, and Barnes & Noble purchases to credit around 8 December based on my experience with the recent Grand Slam promo.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I decided to call. The gentleman I poke with was very nice and apparently very knowledgeable. He said that unopened/unused items could be returned for a full refund, if they are sent back in a reasonable amount of time.

What and how much did you buy to get 840k miles?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:25 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by dingo
What and how much did you buy to get 840k miles?
20 small biz packs from TrackItBack for $6,000
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
20 small biz packs from TrackItBack for $6,000
Well hell, why not round up to an even million miles?

I hope for your sake any devaluation to miles next year is not severe.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vysean
I hope for your sake any devaluation to miles next year is not severe.
This is why I'm inclined to wait until later in the month to do this. I think I'll set up the smaller ones, but before pulling the trigger on a big purchase, see if they release their new Star chart. I fully expect them to come close to the CO and UA levels, but one can never be sure with this bunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.