Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft change CDG-CLT to 332

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Aircraft change CDG-CLT to 332

For a May 25th flight CDG-CLT, USAir just changed the flight time and aircraft (to 332).

My husband and I are on 2 separate J award tix, one through ANA and the other through Aeroplan.

I spoke with ANA, and due to the schedule/aircraft change, they will change my award ticket to Lufthansa CDG-MUC-CLT if I want, and I'm hoping Aeroplan will, too.

That being said, should I stick to the US non-stop, supposedly with the new Envoy suite, or should I take this opportunity to bail and fly LH?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Since this is a daytime flight (presumably having a flat bed is not as important) and your are traveling with your husband I would opt for Lufthansa via MUC for better service. The LH C seats are also set up side by side so it would be easier to talk to your companion. The way the new US Envoy is set up does not make it easy to talk to your neighbor.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: US/CO/AA/MR Plat
Originally Posted by uva185
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Since this is a daytime flight (presumably having a flat bed is not as important) and your are traveling with your husband I would opt for Lufthansa via MUC for better service. The LH C seats are also set up side by side so it would be easier to talk to your companion. The way the new US Envoy is set up does not make it easy to talk to your neighbor.
FWIW, I didn't find LH's C class better than US's. Recently flew DEN-FRA in LH C. Food was borderline disgusting. Ordered (loose term as they bring a cart with all the hot entrees on it and slide out whichever one you choose) the Grilled Beef Skirt Steak and it was barely edible. Cheese and dessert plate came on the same cart. I had to request a piece of cake later on as I missed the fact that they were combined. Omelet in the morning was powered eggs with nothing inside. It was basically a blob of egg.

The seat was very similar to US's 767 seat but slightly wider. The IFE was definitely better than US's, but I couldn't plug in my Bose as they hard wired the headset to the jack.

Wine choices with real champagne were far better than US's choices.

The service pattern was the same on the return, so I don't think this was a single flight issue.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by SDLFlyer
FWIW, I didn't find LH's C class better than US's. Recently flew DEN-FRA in LH C. Food was borderline disgusting. Ordered (loose term as they bring a cart with all the hot entrees on it and slide out whichever one you choose) the Grilled Beef Skirt Steak and it was barely edible. Cheese and dessert plate came on the same cart. I had to request a piece of cake later on as I missed the fact that they were combined. Omelet in the morning was powered eggs with nothing inside. It was basically a blob of egg.

The seat was very similar to US's 767 seat but slightly wider. The IFE was definitely better than US's, but I couldn't plug in my Bose as they hard wired the headset to the jack.

Wine choices with real champagne were far better than US's choices.

The service pattern was the same on the return, so I don't think this was a single flight issue.
Fair enough, I've actually never flown LH C so I have not experienced the service first hand. Their First Class service has always been stellar IMO.

Even so, the LH seats are more conducive for conversation than the new Envoy seats which are great for privacy and sleeping but not so much for conversation.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. I think LH also has regular 110 power outlets for laptops vs. empower and a usb port on US, meaning one less adapter to buy and keep track of.

Off to the LH forum to check out which version of A346 they fly between MUC and CLT to get the best seat. Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jchock1
Thanks for all of the advice. I think LH also has regular 110 power outlets for laptops vs. empower and a usb port on US, meaning one less adapter to buy and keep track of.

Off to the LH forum to check out which version of A346 they fly between MUC and CLT to get the best seat. Thanks!
They use the 3-class version.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Luf...A340-600_A.php
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by jchock1
Actually, the new Envoy suite in the A330-200 is to have a standard 110v outlet, not Empower. It is to have a USB port as well, and I'm looking forward to having both so I can charge my iPod and use my laptop at the same time.

'course, no promises that that A330-200 on your route that day will have the new suite installed.

Envoy service on US was OK on my last trip -- not like it was in the early days of Envoy, but decent food and friendly service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.