Wiki Posts
Search

The Richest Program in the World?"

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 9:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
The quote was on the CP benefit page on one of the links provided (which now appears to have been taken down by our friends in the castle). . .
Yep, the site seems to have been taken down.
Old May 8, 2006, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Looks like they really do read FT after all.

My concern in posting this, although it was already posted on another thread in this forum was that this was a test site. Many of the things I've been told were getting ready to happen were not borne out by these pages. If the information I've heard is real, there are in fact some changes coming. I can only hope I'm wrong on that front.
Old May 8, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You'd have to take everything was on that site with a grain of salt

They also had a link to a bonus "Fly AWA for 15,000 bonus miles" or something like that.

And we know that ain't gonna happen.
Old May 8, 2006, 11:04 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flyer

I like Randy generally and find him to be a good source of valid information so I certainly hope that his view is not driven by ad revenue with so many other advertisers on this sight. But, he apparently doesn't fly US much, has not tried to book an Envoy or standard mileage ticket in the last 3 months, has not researched the newly tripled capacity controls and blackout dates, has not waited for one of these "rich" upgrades to clear at the window, has not dined on US, has never spoken to Lufthansa, Air New Zealand or 2 other star alliance carriers who now drastically restrict DM redemption on their systems because of tripled lack of availability on US for the customers of those carriers, and has never sent a suggestive letter to US so that he can see the ignorance that ensues on the part of US.
And what would be those two other star alliance carriers to whom you've spoken and been given this detailed information?

Personally, I called this morning for an early July award from SIN to PHL and was given FC choices going east on SQ, transferring to US FC in LAX or going west and transferring to US Envoy in AMS. Multiple SQ FC choices: nice! ^

It couldn't have been easier.
Old May 8, 2006, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Flying Colonel, CO-Platinum, HP-Platinum, US-Chairman's Preferred.
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
And what would be those two other star alliance carriers to whom you've spoken and been given this detailed information?

Personally, I called this morning for an early July award from SIN to PHL and was given FC choices going east on SQ, transferring to US FC in LAX or going west and transferring to US Envoy in AMS. Multiple SQ FC choices: nice! ^

It couldn't have been easier.
SQ is not one of them. The other two out of the 4 I cannot share here because I have been sworn to secrecy by my internal contacts.

I cannot say this for sure, but it appears preliminarily that the star alliance might be coming apart somewhat reportedly because of the inability of the non-USA carriers to get seats for their FF members as the result of excess capacity controls on US. Apparently, UA is the only USA star alliance carrier that makes reasonable numbers of seats available.
Old May 8, 2006, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Flying Colonel, CO-Platinum, HP-Platinum, US-Chairman's Preferred.
I was called derogatory things a few weeks ago by two people on this board when I referred to Doug and his yes-men as "disingenuous" and "unseasoned". They apparently didn't even know enough to hide their new website on a secure server within their web development firm's domain (like we and everyone else always does with new web designs).

The funnest part about watching the failure cycle and increasing velocity thereof at US is observing the downstream (future) evidence of it. Everyone will continue to see more of this evidence as the failure unfolds in terms of US travel demand disintegration...unless Doug wakes up, ignores his employment contract, and says to himself, "it is now time to start doing this stuff alot smarter".
Old May 8, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
SQ is not one of them. The other two out of the 4 I cannot share here because I have been sworn to secrecy by my internal contacts.

I cannot say this for sure, but it appears preliminarily that the star alliance might be coming apart somewhat reportedly because of the inability of the non-USA carriers to get seats for their FF members as the result of excess capacity controls on US. Apparently, UA is the only USA star alliance carrier that makes reasonable numbers of seats available.
Personally, I have come up against more capacity controls on UA than on other *A airlines. Flying from ROC - KIX in late 10/06, I was able to book a business class award on a combination of US and ANA or US + Asiana + ANA, but not on UA for any of 4 possible dates. The US CSA was very friendly and helpful, taking several minutes to try 5 different combinations for me. She said "it's almost impossible to get business class award tickets to Asia on UA".
Old May 8, 2006, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

As the OP I guess I can ask an OT question? When do you get a chance to fly? Going back over all your post, you have not missed posting but one day since you signed up. I fly six to eight legs a week and there are many days I don't get a chance to even log on.

Just wondering.......
Old May 8, 2006, 12:35 pm
Suspended

As the OP I guess I can ask an OT question? When do you get a chance to fly? Going back over all your post, you have not missed posting but one day since you signed up. I fly six to eight legs a week and there are many days I don't get a chance to even log on.

Just wondering.......
I am in Montreal now as a matter of fact. I actually have internet wherever I am. I have it in flight as well on our two corporate aircraft. I am usually on 3 to 5 times a day from wherever I am for many other reasons than this board. Last week it was Mexico City and Porto Alegre, Brazil. It's actually pretty easy.
Old May 8, 2006, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

I am in Montreal now as a matter of fact. I actually have internet wherever I am. I have it in flight as well on our two corporate aircraft. I am usually on 3 to 5 times a day from wherever I am for many other reasons than this board. Last week it was Mexico City and Porto Alegre, Brazil. It's actually pretty easy.
How do you do it inflight. I could use that info to help keep caught up on the 100 or so emails I get everyday.
Old May 8, 2006, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Finding one SQ F seat is generally doable if you are somewhat flexible. Finding two SQ F seats is a whole other story. The rumor is that SQ only make 1 F seat available per long haul flight for *A award redemption. I'm not sure if the same restrictions are in place for using Kris Points...
Old May 8, 2006, 1:04 pm
Suspended

How do you do it inflight. I could use that info to help keep caught up on the 100 or so emails I get everyday.
We have a Lear and a G4 and both the phone and the internet are satellite systems. They are flawless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.