Dm=cry Babies?

Old Jan 7, 06, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Dm=cry Babies?

Enough already! People they haven't changed hardly anything yet and you cry like there is no tomorrow! How in the heck did you survive the last 4 years with bad service and 2 BKs? This airline will be a better airline than it was before. Just look at what AWA did over the last 4 years the changes have been remarkable! You will like better operating performance, you will like friendlier employees, you will like lower and more reasonable fares but give it a chance! Most of the stuff you are complaining about (poorer FC product for example) was all done pre-AWA! They have to merge the product first (at least 2 years), then the will be very responsive and more aggressive to the "little" things like plastic cups and snack baskets.
This management team has been very impressive and responsive to both customers and employees. They turned AWA from just as awful as US in PHL to a big success story all during the most unprecedented crisis in the history of the industry. Give it two years than you can ....., but I doubt you will!
Old Jan 7, 06, 12:32 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by AggieNzona
Enough already! People they haven't changed hardly anything yet and you cry like there is no tomorrow! How in the heck did you survive the last 4 years with bad service and 2 BKs? This airline will be a better airline than it was before. Just look at what AWA did over the last 4 years the changes have been remarkable! You will like better operating performance, you will like friendlier employees, you will like lower and more reasonable fares but give it a chance! Most of the stuff you are complaining about (poorer FC product for example) was all done pre-AWA! They have to merge the product first (at least 2 years), then the will be very responsive and more aggressive to the "little" things like plastic cups and snack baskets.
This management team has been very impressive and responsive to both customers and employees. They turned AWA from just as awful as US in PHL to a big success story all during the most unprecedented crisis in the history of the industry. Give it two years than you can ....., but I doubt you will!
You're totally missing it on this one. It's not that we are cry babies. However, at one time we were players on a professional level of airline carriers. The major leagues. Comprised of AA, UA, DL, NW, CO and formerly US. Take a moment to go to their sites and look at their respective FF programs.
Now, HP was (and is) a member of a different league. The minor leagues. This league is comprised of low cost, "cater to the overwhelming masses" carriers. WN, Jet Blue, Hooters Air...etc. Look at their benefit levels within their FF programs. You will find a stark difference.
The majority of the posters on this site are major league travelers. Most for business, some for the joy of traveling. Things like GP bonus cuts, rollover discontinuation and other degradations to the program hurt. Especially when the other major league carriers have not taken these steps.
So yes....maybe on time performance for HP has improved. Congrats. And your subjective comments on friendlier employees? Hey, WN has joking flight attendants too. But when my rear end has to end up in a seat, I'd rather it was in 2C with a no nonsense employee....than in 16F with a Don Rickles wannabe FA.
Old Jan 7, 06, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by phillygold
You're totally missing it on this one. It's not that we are cry babies. However, at one time we were players on a professional level of airline carriers. The major leagues. Comprised of AA, UA, DL, NW, CO and formerly US. Take a moment to go to their sites and look at their respective FF programs.
Now, HP was (and is) a member of a different league. The minor leagues. This league is comprised of low cost, "cater to the overwhelming masses" carriers. WN, Jet Blue, Hooters Air...etc. Look at their benefit levels within their FF programs. You will find a stark difference.
The majority of the posters on this site are major league travelers. Most for business, some for the joy of traveling. Things like GP bonus cuts, rollover discontinuation and other degradations to the program hurt. Especially when the other major league carriers have not taken these steps.
So yes....maybe on time performance for HP has improved. Congrats. And your subjective comments on friendlier employees? Hey, WN has joking flight attendants too. But when my rear end has to end up in a seat, I'd rather it was in 2C with a no nonsense employee....than in 16F with a Don Rickles wannabe FA.
So how is NW, CO, or DL a better program for a top tier FF? I've looked at their programs, and it doesn't seem better to me. If you're a major league traveler, you're going to make CP, right? So how would a CP's life be better with the "major league" airlines?
Old Jan 7, 06, 12:57 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by murphy
So how is NW, CO, or DL a better program for a top tier FF? I've looked at their programs, and it doesn't seem better to me. If you're a major league traveler, you're going to make CP, right? So how would a CP's life be better with the "major league" airlines?
I wouldn't define CP as being "major league". Face it, how many CP's are out there, compared to GP's? Lets start with the 50k level (which is much more realistic). Now do your comparison to NW,CO or DL. Exactly how many bonus miles are you accruing at that level?
Old Jan 7, 06, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND

I strongly suggest that you do not create more threads on things that you obviously don't understand. As far as we all know, the future of most US airlines at this point is uncertain. Perhaps you should take a quick First Class trip to the West Coast on UA, CO, or even AA and you will then understand why no one in the right mind will pay to fly First Class on US Airways, which is usually more expensive than the other carriers and offers no real F amenities.

I take it you do not have any type of elite status because if you did you would appreciate your miles more. After all, frequent flyer miles can literally save anyone thousands and thousands of dollars, e.g. First Class trip to Australia using US Airways DM with Qantas is only 135,000 miles compared to over $15,000 USD. Also consider that many of us have to fly US Airways a lot, so we are very sick of its lack of services in F. You say that we will like "friendlier employees," do you even know what the merger did at all? Basically, we are stuck with the former, old, disinterested flight attendants that US Airways had (I can't blame them I guess, they have been through so many changes already) and the HP employees that you consider to be younger and friendlier, in terms of seniority, are now at the bottom of the list since US Airways is older than America West.

I rather be a cry baby than an ignorant, self-absorbed person.

Last edited by fly747first; Jan 7, 06 at 1:46 pm
Old Jan 7, 06, 2:44 pm

ONE: I don't have to give it one more minute! I have thousands of dollars to spend at my descretion. If the new US doesn't want me as a customer let them tell me. Competition does and the amenities are better.

TWO: Prove to me that you have ONE employee friendlier than the angels at the CP Desk!

THREE: Lose the condescending airline management arrogance and maybe I'll be receptive to your points whatever they are!
Old Jan 7, 06, 4:06 pm

Angry

Who hired you to write this? Obviously a noob, you might be here just to do Parker's dirty work! (even though, at times he is a good person)

Are you Mrs. Parker, Mrs. Kirby?

How dare you even say something about the program, as you never experienced it? To the best of my knowledge, employees cannot be part of the DM/FF program!

Do you work for AWA? Give it two years? Just because the merger will take long, doesnt mean the benefits have to come that late! Give it 2 years you say... Ok! Everybody! Dont fly US Airways for 2 years. Then, most definetely there will be more benefits, as the airline will be begging for more customers! It will water down the DM program by offering status matches ala 1 fly only. NOTE: REMMEBER THE SILVER PREF AFTER 1 FLIGHT TO SOMEWHERE IN MICHIGAN OR OHIO! US Airways will fack back into bankruptcy and we start all over. A new merger perhaps? Is that what youre saying MRS. AWA! There is still time to change the DM program for the better, before everyone leaves. Tell that Mr. Parker!
Old Jan 7, 06, 4:53 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Note that the "minor leagues" generally make money. The "major leagues" generally don't. Shareholders typically demand profits. As such, management's responsibility is to turn a profit, not to appease "whiny" elites.

Most of us here have thousands of dollars we spend every year on air travel. How much of that goes to WN, B6, FL, etc? Probably not much. But they seem to do better than the big boys without us.
Old Jan 7, 06, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Who hired you to write this? Obviously a noob, you might be here just to do Parker's dirty work! (even though, at times he is a good person)
kinglobjaw
AggieNzona

Yeah, you tell him, old timer.
Old Jan 7, 06, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by murphy
kinglobjaw
AggieNzona

Yeah, you tell him, old timer.
Kinglobjaw Join Date: Aug 2005 -> Non logged in user of flyertalk for more than a year! I hated message boards then, just liked reading 'em

AggieNzona Join Date: October 2005 -> If we could get some insight on what date in Oct. it happened, we could see more clearly. Aggie joined in October for a reason! Probably here to sabotage FT's plans to redo the DM program!
Old Jan 7, 06, 6:41 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
As this seems to be going downhill with every post, it will now be closed.

Search this Thread